New 3.7 axleback available - Trident Motorsports - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #106
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: North Carolina
I wouldn't say they are similar to Atak's at all, I would say more to the S-types in term of how loud they are, now that being said I have not personally heard an Atak exhaust, but I have had my Tridents from stock, to now with long tube headers, and stock they were louder yes, but not insanely so. I have Youtube vids of my tridents with just stock exhaust except for the axlebacks if you would like to hear them.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Alucard,

Thanks for the reply- I'm just not looking for crazy loud like the ATAK's . I just can't really get a feel for the loudness on video... but i really like the deep sound of the Tridents. Yours sounds great.
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #108
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
Alucard,

Thanks for the reply- I'm just not looking for crazy loud like the ATAK's . I just can't really get a feel for the loudness on video... but i really like the deep sound of the Tridents. Yours sounds great.
Yea I am trying to get back more to that sound now, mine are higher pitched and raspy now that I have LT headers, but hopefully this exhaust revision will be the last one.I'm going to install, Mac prochamber, vibrant resonators, overaxles and flowmaster minicats. If this doesnt work, I am going to buy the Stype mufflers themselves on ebay for about $300 and just install them with my Trident tips lol.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

That'll save you $450...
Old 10-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #110
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
That'll save you $450...
Yep! I am just hoping I can keep my Tridents, I do love them, the sound it had before I put on my long tubes was amazing! I just don't want to have to get rid of my long tubes to get a good sound back out of them.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Did you have shorties before the LT? I have BBK shorties on now... hoping for good sound.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I think they will sound great with shorties. I'm really liking the sound of these tridents!
Good price point also.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #113
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

No it was just a CAI and a tune in the vid.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 PM   #114
Kevin.Cook

Ok so I installed my Trident ABs today. Drove with them before and after loading my tune from MPT. I would say they are fairly close to he Pypes ABs. I have drove with the Pypes and S Types and these are definitely closer to Pypes. Drone isn't as heavy but it does quite a bit when I am in 5th between 2500-3000 RPM.

Of course I can shift to 6th if I want but I hate doing that as that gear lacks any real power.

Video hopefully coming tomorrow with a side by side comparison of Trident ABs on my 2011 and my S types on my 2014.

I am exhausted. 6 hours of driving today....
Old 10-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #115
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Ppkonablue12,

The only thing you can do my friend is shop around on Youtube. Of course hearing first hand is best but I know I don't have neighbors each with a Mustang V6 and sporting a different axle back on each. How many brands (and models within a brand) of axle backs are our there? Six or closer to sixty perhaps?

That said, My V6 has stock headers and H Pipe; my Tridents sound comparable to Borla Touring/Sport range. I've heard the ATAKs and I'm an older guy... obnoxiously loud wouldn't be liked by me or tolerated by my wife. They do not sound like ATAKs. I posted a few videos. Not enough room to run through sixth gear but it's something at least. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD...wMBzmSvRN7Ng_g
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #116
Kevin.Cook

Here is everyone's long awaited video. I apologize for the wind. A bit breezy in Cedar Park, TX today.

Comparison of Tridents and Borla S Types....enjoy!

http://youtu.be/rUS-TmGtTFY
Old 10-11-2015, 05:30 PM   #117
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
S-types sound so much deeper and muscular.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #118
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Good job Kev! That was a pretty good comparison video.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #119
Kevin.Cook

Thanks. I do not claim to be a pro at making videos and the wind didn't help.

I hope this helps others make the best decision when choosing between the two.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:34 AM   #120
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Nice brother. Your 14' has the shorty headers on it. How much did that change your exhaust tone with the Borlas? (Assuming you had mufflers first.)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:35 AM   #121
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Nice brother. Your 14' has the shorty headers on it. How much did that change your exhaust tone with the Borlas? (Assuming you had mufflers first.)
Made them a hair deeper sounding. Was barely noticeable to be honest.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Kevin. I like the sound of the Tridents a little more than the Borla's in that side by side. Sounds to me that the Borlas are louder. Bottom line is that you have two great sounding mustangs Thanks again for taking the time to do the video.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #123
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Thanks Kevin. I like the sound of the Tridents a little more than the Borla's in that side by side. Sounds to me that the Borlas are louder. Bottom line is that you have two great sounding mustangs Thanks again for taking the time to do the video.
No problem! I was on the way to the gym so I had my wife take the 2014 also. She loves that car. Yes I will say either way, you get what you pay for. The Borla's will and do sound better. But they better for the price tag on them. The Tridents are OK if you are on a budget. But imo, they are just a small step up from Pypes ABs.

Maybe they will sound different after driving for a few weeks? Who knows.

I do know when I installed my Borla S Types, they sounded "Ricey" at first. They didn't transition into their deep muscle tone until after about 3-4 weeks.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #124
Kevin.Cook

I will say the Borlas aren't too invasive when it comes to cabin noise. The Tridents can be and usually are with my car. Idk about other people's....

but again, maybe it will change in a few weeks. Or I will get used to it.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
They were too invasive in mine as well, but, I thought that was due to mine being a vert. Even with the addition of resonators. Took them off after a few weeks.
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think I saw a video of these mufflers on YouTube I can get the link in just a second .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iamcesarmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #127

Region: Tennessee
Just bought it

Just ordered them. monday now wednesday and still no shipping info or reply to emails....we shall see. still super pumped though
ARyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #128

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARyan View Post
Just ordered them. monday now wednesday and still no shipping info or reply to emails....we shall see. still super pumped though
Hi Adam,

Not to bring this into the thread, but we followed up with you same day to check that we had the right address based on multiple addresses in the order. We wanted to make sure it went to the right place the first time.

I will be updating the auto-response for purchase orders that orders will take 24-48 hours to process and ship as we are not a full-time company. Ray and I both have day jobs that require our full attention M-F 9-5 minimum. I have sent you the tracking information and it looks like it will arrive Friday.

Kevin
Trident Motorsports
Old 10-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #129

Region: Tennessee
My Experiance with Trident Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevnTrident View Post
Hi Adam,

Not to bring this into the thread, but we followed up with you same day to check that we had the right address based on multiple addresses in the order. We wanted to make sure it went to the right place the first time.

I will be updating the auto-response for purchase orders that orders will take 24-48 hours to process and ship as we are not a full-time company. Ray and I both have day jobs that require our full attention M-F 9-5 minimum. I have sent you the tracking information and it looks like it will arrive Friday.

Kevin
Trident Motorsports
So, what do I have to say about trident Motorsports and my experiences with them? Well, as I am impatient and rude sometimes, I was being pushy that I was not responded to in 24 hours. The fact that they responded within 36 hours is absolutely amazing. Many companies take days or even weeks to respond and when a company such as trident (I believe it is just two or three people) who run it part time are able to respond so quickly, it shows the amazing support they have even with impatient people such as myself. I ordered the exhaust on Monday, it was delivered and installed by myself before Thursday night and how do I even begin with the quality! It is chrome plated stainless steel with some of the most immaculate tig welds I have ever seen. It was light weight but not in a way that feels they cut corners. It felt like a very solid product and also was shipped and packed very well. Lastly, what about the sound! Well, I personally was worried it would be too quiet for what I wanted. I was wrong to worry. It was loud and you could feel the engine flowed more freely (as much as it can with only an axle back) but it wasnt like the roush or borla atak's I've heard in person. It was snarly and very smooth. Rasp is an issue with almost any exhaust on the 3.7 cyclone but the trident axle backs were not. very smooth and has 4 or 5 distinct tones as you go through the revs and also some of the nice little pops and crackles we all love. A friend described it as "One turbo woosh away from sounding like a formula one car." I could not be more pleased with my entire experience (yes experience, not just a purchase) and even with my pushy and impatient attitude, they handled everything very well. I would recommend this to every one of my friends any day. My only complaint.....I didn't get a decal to represent such a fantastic company and spread the word on the street! Thank you Trident for making my stang even more fun to drive!
ARyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Just so you know, they will sound even better after a few hundred miles go through 'em!! I love mine as well

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang