Put the SWARR BAR on today and "WOW" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Put the SWARR BAR on today and "WOW"

I went to Brothers and had my Swarr Barr installed. I took the nice curvy Pioneer trail home and gave it a very good test. I can say that this is a pretty good item because it sure improves the rear end stability of the stock suspension V6 2012 Mustang. The oversteer is all gone and the car feels great in the curves.

When I first got it and seen the installation on paper I just could not figure if it actually did anything at all. After Dave installed it and we seen how it actually stiffens up the whole rear end assembly and fits perfect made me a happy guy.
This is a powder coated high quality item and comes totally complete with everything you need to install it.

The car drives normal and this works when going around a nice curve. I'm happy with it.
Ronnie

I think I'm kind of lucky to have a first class speed shop about 25 Min. from my house.

They especially love Mustangs of all years.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
We've got a little rally car in the making over here!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you love that you should feel how a Torque Arm would have affected it. Plants it to the ground.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Man I miss Brothers. They used to be within minutes of me and I loved that store....lucky.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you love that you should feel how a Torque Arm would have affected it. Plants it to the ground.

#summergoals

And awesome Ronnie!
When's the watts link going in? :p

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I think lowering springs are next

There was another Mustang there that had lowering springs installed. I think I need them. Not for handling but for looks.
I sure wish I could just hit that "LOTTO"
Ronnie
Old 02-03-2015, 01:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Nice! What's the occasion Ronnie? Seems like you are putting a lot of new mods in your stang recently

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

American muscle claims faster launches and lower 60' times. did you notice any difference with hard launches?
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I went to Brothers and had my Swarr Barr installed. I took the nice curvy Pioneer trail home and gave it a very good test. I can say that this is a pretty good item because it sure improves the rear end stability of the stock suspension V6 2012 Mustang. The oversteer is all gone and the car feels great in the curves.

When I first got it and seen the installation on paper I just could not figure if it actually did anything at all. After Dave installed it and we seen how it actually stiffens up the whole rear end assembly and fits perfect made me a happy guy.
This is a powder coated high quality item and comes totally complete with everything you need to install it.

The car drives normal and this works when going around a nice curve. I'm happy with it.
Ronnie

I think I'm kind of lucky to have a first class speed shop about 25 Min. from my house.

They especially love Mustangs of all years.

Ronnie, I live within a mile of brothers. Where is the "pioneer trail"? I'd love to find a nice curvy road here in volusia county.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

....found it. It's where I thought of when I first read your post. That is a fun road.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've got the SWARR Bar on my '04 GT and love it!..

Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

May be true, but for me the Bang For Your Buck ($100 for mine), and ease of installation (took about 20 min for me) just couldn't be beat!..

Old 02-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I had no problem with wheel hop

With the 2,73 rear gear I really have no problem with wheel hop. I'm Positive it has to help if you have lower ratio gears and a stick.
What I did not like was with the stock suspension the rear was not feeling stable when cornering at higher speeds. The Swarr Bar works really great for higher speed cornering. That is just what I was looking for.

I test drove a 2015 GT and loved it. Then I got into my 2012 V6 for the drive home and also loved it just as much or maybe a little more.
I decided $15,000 to trade or spend $1,500 to improve my V6 a little more. DUH ! It was decided to get the Aluminum driveshaft, Put on the Swarr Bar, Get some lowering springs and Panhard bar. and keep the car and engine I like way toooo much.

Now my car feels brand new to me again and I'll be keeping it for a long,long time.

I love the looks of my Mustang and it is nice when I come out of a store and there are people admiring it. I still have to go out just to look at it in the garage when I walk by. My Red Ryder has won two peoples choice awards along with a $100.00 cash award and trophy's in a few shows.

I can't think of one single reason not to keep this Mustang.((( BESIDES-MY MUSTANG HAS ROUND HEADLIGHTS))) which I like a lot.
Ronnie
Old 02-06-2015, 05:51 AM   #14
Road Trip!

I thought stiffer rear sway bars help front end traction in turns and decrease rear traction creating oversteer. I am I wrong?

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:12 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A swarr bar is not a sway bar

All I know is that when going around a sweeping curve ,It always felt like my rear was going to break loose at any time before the swarr bar. It did keep me a little nervous.

With the Swarr bar , My car seems more planted in the rear and more controllable and stable. I do believe I could probably control the car using the throttle now.

Anyway, You are 100% correct. That is why some racers take off the sway bar in the rear.

It looks like all the Swarr bar does is stiffen up the rear axle on our 2014 and earlier Mustangs. It eliminates any and all play. It seems to work very good on my stock suspension 3.7 V6 with P-Zero tires.

I.m sure that others that are on the forum will give their impression after insralling one on their Mustangs.
Ronnie
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ron, looks great the last thing you need imo is new wheels.. Maybe like some rtr 19s staggered

Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

BMR has a new Watts Link similar looking.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I just added the front and back sway bar with adjustable sway bar limks at first i didnt notice any difference then i started hearing a clunk well i decided to look under the and 3 of the bolts where lose i guess thats what happens wjen you let ypur buddy help i took them all off and add thread lock and boy it made a difference i can feel the tightness on the stee2 wheel i even woke up early to go to work just so i can drive it lol

Sent from my SM-T217S using Mustang Evolution mobile app
509pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
All I know is that when going around a sweeping curve ,It always felt like my rear was going to break loose at any time before the swarr bar. It did keep me a little nervous.

With the Swarr bar , My car seems more planted in the rear and more controllable and stable. I do believe I could probably control the car using the throttle now.

Anyway, You are 100% correct. That is why some racers take off the sway bar in the rear.

It looks like all the Swarr bar does is stiffen up the rear axle on our 2014 and earlier Mustangs. It eliminates any and all play. It seems to work very good on my stock suspension 3.7 V6 with P-Zero tires.

I.m sure that others that are on the forum will give their impression after insralling one on their Mustangs.
Ronnie

Is a a swarr bar a sway bar? Or is it something different?

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Different

HID end all thread
Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

It bolts directly to the rear axle tube, making stronger, and not flex under hard cornering!..

Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so w/o insulting (or at least not intending) how much flex is in a solid axle?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Well the swarr bar is generally used to prevents the axle tubes spinning on hard launches. I haven't seen someone use it for cornering until now.

HID end all thread
Old 02-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

What's the difference between the swar bar and a panhard bar ?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
509pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The panhard bar is a lateral location edvice to keep the axle centered (not very well) under the back end of the car.

The Swarr Bar reinforces the axle tubes to minimize deflection under loading. Applying throttle, braking, or hard cornering inputs will cause the tubes to bend within their elastic limit (usually), which can cause unusual alignment issues for brief periods of time, which can briefly increase or decrease the grip that one of the tires is providing.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Interesting, BMR's new watts link does that too.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Interesting, BMR's new watts link does that too.

A watts link does the same job as a Panhard bar, just more effectively.

HID end all thread
Old 02-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

jande063 said :::::::

Quote:
The panhard bar is a lateral location edvice to keep the axle centered (not very well) under the back end of the car.

The Swarr Bar reinforces the axle tubes to minimize deflection under loading. Applying throttle, braking, or hard cornering inputs will cause the tubes to bend within their elastic limit (usually), which can cause unusual alignment issues for brief periods of time, which can briefly increase or decrease the grip that one of the tires is providing.
Very well put.
Ronnie
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin

When I had my 2011 V6, I was picking up and installing take off Boss 302 suspension parts and installing them. They too woke up the handling of our V6's, and I got the parts for cheap. Consider those when you are on the hunt for improved suspension. They bolt right up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang