2014 mustang automatic transmission problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #1

Region: Maryland
2014 mustang automatic transmission problem

I have a 2014 mustang just bought it last week with 9000 miles and its my first mustang ever ive just noticed that when im stopped it seems like it has a rough idle but the tachometer doesnt jump around which is good but when i put the car in reverse i can hear a small click and the rpms jump up by about 200. It also jerks very slightly i was just wondering if this is normal or if i should go and get it checked out. I may just be paranoid as my transmission went out on my eclipse last month.
crazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have a '14 GT auto that I purchased new and it doesn't have the symptoms your describing. I would have it checked out.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I almost forgot ... Welcome aboard!
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Welcome to the forum. That definitely sounds odd. I would have it checked out. It could be possible the previous owner was harsh on the car.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Mine does some random stuff like that, but I've heard a tune might fix it. I haven't checked the trans fluid or anything yet, but I'm not too worried about it.
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
My 2014 with 6K mikes does occasionally idle rough (will be smooth, then a little rough) and I have heard a click once or twice when putting it in reverse.
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #7

Thanks guys. I went and had it checked and was told its because im parked on an incline therfore it engages into gear a little harder apparently or so they say lol well at least now i have some peace of mind and thank you guys for being so welcoming. Cant wait to see where my new found passion takes me
Old 02-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed View Post
Thanks guys. I went and had it checked and was told its because im parked on an incline therfore it engages into gear a little harder apparently or so they say lol well at least now i have some peace of mind and thank you guys for being so welcoming. Cant wait to see where my new found passion takes me
Do you use your e-brake ? That'll prevent what you're experiencing if you put car in park, engage e-brake, remove foot from brake pedal.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed View Post
What about the rough idle? Any input about that?
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I also have rough idle and the rpm never moves.

I took it to ford and they said it was normal. BS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #11

Yea i use the ebrake and itll still do it but yesterday night i parked it on flat ground and this morning it was fine. I was told the rough idle was fine and that it was no big deal and to just give it time and if it got worse to come back since its a 2014 with 10k miles he said i still had plenty of warranty coverage left. Told him i wanted to modify it soon and he said i had to use ford racing parts and have the work done by a factory trained technician to still be covered and have the reciepts for the work done...they charge 130 an hour fml. Would just say screw itand do it but im a college student and wouldnt be able to afford a large problem
Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I never had a rough idle on my 2012 Automatic V6 "BU"

I did have the clunk once in a while. From what I was always told was that the sometimes play in the two piece driveshaft is the culprit.
At times it will clunk when your slowing down at a light and the light turns green and you accelerate."CLUNK"

I put on the aluminum driveshaft and it totally went away. No more "CLUNK" at any time. It is just a little annoying but does not harm anything.

You will notice it does not do it every single time but only when it wants to "CLUNK"
Annoying but harmless.
The rough idle could be anything, Crap gas, Air Conditioning compressor on,
Does it idle rough every time you are sitting at a light or stopped???
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #13

That sounds exactly like my case it seems to only happen occasionally during slowing down and accelerating. The rough idle does seem to only happen when the heat is on in the car and not all the time. Well its good to know that its not causing any harm to the vehicle which was my biggest concern. Thank you
Old 02-06-2015, 02:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

You could have bad O2 sensors if you see rpm fluctuation that's what mine was I only had 5000 miles when one went bad

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2014 mustang