20" boss wheels brake noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
Road Trip!
Regular

20" boss wheels brake noise

Hello everyone! I need some advice. I have a 2014 mustang v6 with about 12,000 miles. I recently added some boss 338 20" wheels, the fronts are 255 and rear 295. just today i heard it make some nocking noise when i lightly press the brakes at a low speed, im going to take it to ford on wednesday morning but i dont know if the wheels would void my warranty and if the wheels are making the problem! HELP!!! Someone pls

Ride or die!
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Believe it or not technically wheels can be a problem. I don't like to use the word void because they won't void it, they will just deny the repair claim. Bigger wheels weigh more and cause undo stress on some parts of the car. Do you have any other tires and wheels you can put on?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

I have my stock wheels, i was thinking of throwing them on and taking it in but i need advice

Ride or die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Drive around with the stockers and see if it still makes noise. If so I'd take it in with the stock set up. Just avoid the issue if you can.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Believe it or not technically wheels can be a problem. I don't like to use the word void because they won't void it, they will just deny the repair claim. Bigger wheels weigh more and cause undo stress on some parts of the car. Do you have any other tires and wheels you can put on?

I have my stock wheels, i was thinking of throwing them on and taking it in but i need advice

Ride or die!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Drive around with the stockers and see if it still makes noise. If so I'd take it in with the stock set up. Just avoid the issue if you can.

Thanks i will do that hopefully the wheels aren't the problem otherwise i would have to get rid of them

Ride or die!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Loose lugnuts maybe. Have you tried re-torquing them?
Any Vibration while driving and were the retaining clips taken off of the brake rotors before install.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Loose lugnuts maybe. Have you tried re-torquing them?
Any Vibration while driving and were the retaining clips taken off of the brake rotors before install.

I will take off all my wheels tomorrow and check all that out. And make sure everything is tight thanks

Ride or die!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang