Just ordered Driveshaft and Tuner - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #36
Kevin.Cook

Excellent. Very insightful. Thank you.

I may have a different experience since I have a CAI, 3.31 gears, and 19" wheels. Hopefully those items just add to the experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Lucky man... I have to wait until Monday to get my dss driveshaft and Barton short throw... No word on a free hoodie yet either.... /sigh one of these $1000 orders it'd be nice lol oh well... Anyways congrats on the new stuff man!
2014 V6 6 speed, air raid intake, bbk throttle body, 91 octane nitrous tune, borla long tubes, custom h pipe, borla s-type mufflers, 3.55 gears, nitrous outlet wet plate w/ 100 shot , line lock, drag shocks, bmr lower control arms
John316hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #38
Kevin.Cook

Just got my stuff today. Loaded 87 street tune and car no longer starts. This was what I was afraid off. Gonna unhook battery for a bit and retry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
No longer starts?? Damn idk if I got lucky or what I haven't had any issues with Bama ar all... Does she still crank or?
2014 V6 6 speed, air raid intake, bbk throttle body, 91 octane nitrous tune, borla long tubes, custom h pipe, borla s-type mufflers, 3.55 gears, nitrous outlet wet plate w/ 100 shot , line lock, drag shocks, bmr lower control arms
John316hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #40
Kevin.Cook

Does not crank. So to rule out any shorts or anything, I am gonna leave the battery unhooked for a bit.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #41

Region: Indiana
Just ordered Driveshaft and Tuner

Sounds like the tune may have not fully loaded if it won't even turn over. Might try to load it again and see what happens. I've never had a single issue with Bama. If that doesn't work I know they have a great support team, I've called them a couple times and they have been awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jasmine66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Put the tune back to stock and try to start it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What did you do step by step from the moment you opened the package? May be able to help you trouble shoot.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #44
Kevin.Cook

So unplugging the battery didnt help. I put the car back to stock. Then I reapplied the 87 street tune. The car started right up. Guess something didnt stick right the first time.

Took the car for a test drive. Soo much smoother when shifting now. And my car doesnt do that ugly lurch when you first take off like the Automatics do. Cannot wait to burn off the 87 fuel so i can apply the 91 race tune

Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #45
Kevin.Cook

From the package i plugged the tuner into the laptop and checked for updates but the firmware was already on the newest version. So i hooked it up to the car and installed the tune. It took a backup of the stock tune. But i guess the tune didnt stick right the first time.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

I even had my wife in the car. Regardless of her dissing my car in the past, she admitted it was much better now.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
New drive shaft will give you the same exact seat of the pants feel that a Bama or Roush sticker on your car will give you. Lots more power for sure.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Use the 6% off at American muscle that's normally the best deal. When I buy my supercharger it will save me a pretty penny

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Lets hear from an expert

Waylap1 say's
Quote:
New drive shaft will give you the same exact seat of the pants feel that a Bama or Roush sticker on your car will give you. Lots more power for sure.
Of course he does not have a 3,7 V6 with the 40 pound two piece driveshaft that the Ford Factory thinks is so wonderful. He drive a 2014 GT. DUH !

Of course it will not give you more horsepower, It just take a tad less to turn it because it is lighter.
The Clunk from the two piece is eliminated as well as the vibration when slowing down you got once in a while.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #50
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014_MCA_Vert View Post
Use the 6% off at American muscle that's normally the best deal. When I buy my supercharger it will save me a pretty penny

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

This may or may not be what I used as well to get my stuff

As far as the vibration due to the stock driveshaft.....I hit 105 a couple of weeks ago and I can feel a ton of shaking coming from underneath the car where the driveshaft is. Scared me to death. I just wanted to test it out to see if it REALLY need to be replaced and found the stock one to be weak.

Will be putting my new driveshaft on later tonight as well as loading the 91 Race tune. Cannot wait.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #51
Kevin.Cook

I am a little upset that the Bama tuner didn't come in the cool little black SCT box that I have seen other people get their tuners in.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I am a little upset that the Bama tuner didn't come in the cool little black SCT box that I have seen other people get their tuners in.

I mean... They can't exactly upload your custom bama tunes without opening the box lol.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post

I mean... They can't exactly upload your custom bama tunes without opening the box lol.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #54
Kevin.Cook

True, but the tuner could be placed back into the box. Just to have something decent to keep it in. As the tuner seems kind of light and not durable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang