Just ordered Driveshaft and Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Just ordered Driveshaft and Tuner

Just ordered the 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and the Bama X4 tuner from American Muscle. I picked up the driveshaft as it is on sale this month for the February sale

Shout out to AMWill for helping me out and putting that last touch on this decision and that me finally pull the trigger. These are definitely some mods that I have been hesitant about due to warranty issues. But owning a mustang, you always want to go a bit faster and this will definitely help me do that.

I chose the gauranteed 3 day shipping. Usually I get an email about 30 minutes after the confirmation email saying stuff was shipped. But 2 hours later, I still have not got it. and I did already do the form for Bama on the tunes. So hopefully I get the email soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Kevin, you will get that email before 5pm, for sure. Don't worry about it.

I love living on the east coast. Their 'Standard Delivery' is actually next day delivery for me

My birthday is on the 13th of Feb. I'm most likely going to gift myself the 1-piece aluminum driveshaft! Let me know how you like it.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

Dang man you are lucky! Well I was hoping to get everything installed this weekend. That is why I payed for the 3 day shipping. But if it doesn't arrive until next week, I wouldn't have paid for the 3 day shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Kevin.Cook

AM says the tuner will be mailed by Thursday but I just got an email saying please allow 5-7 business days before the tuner is sent out. Not sure what to expect. :/
Old 02-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
That time period is so they can upload your tunes. You'll likely get the driveshaft first and the tuner a couple days later

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Ahh ok. Yea because I am definitely going to put the driveshaft on first before the tune. So I can wait till next week on the tuner but hopefully the driveshaft arrives by Saturday.

Want to eliminate that point of failure.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Just ordered the 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and the Bama X4 tuner from American Muscle. I picked up the driveshaft as it is on sale this month for the February sale

Shout out to AMWill for helping me out and putting that last touch on this decision and that me finally pull the trigger. These are definitely some mods that I have been hesitant about due to warranty issues. But owning a mustang, you always want to go a bit faster and this will definitely help me do that.

I chose the gauranteed 3 day shipping. Usually I get an email about 30 minutes after the confirmation email saying stuff was shipped. But 2 hours later, I still have not got it. and I did already do the form for Bama on the tunes. So hopefully I get the email soon.
Hey Kevin,

Thanks so much for the shout out! I'm glad I was able to help!

I just went ahead and checked on your order for the Tuner, Driveshaft, and oil filter.

I pulled a few strings and I should have it ALL shipping out today for delivery to you no later than Friday!

Hope this helps and we do appreciate the business and support.

I will make sure to check on this one more time before I head out for the day and should have a tracking # for you!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook

Awesome I appreciate it! Raced a 2014 GT - Gotta Have it Green and my car wasn't trailing too bad with the V6 Performance Package it already has. So once I get the driveshaft and tune going, I can run with the rest of them in my City/San Antonio area.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Kevin, you will get that email before 5pm, for sure. Don't worry about it.

I love living on the east coast. Their 'Standard Delivery' is actually next day delivery for me

My birthday is on the 13th of Feb. I'm most likely going to gift myself the 1-piece aluminum driveshaft! Let me know how you like it.
Hey DiESeven,

It's nice living on the East Coast isn't it!
I remember years ago before I worked here I would get parts the next day and sometimes even the same day! We definitely ship quick!

You will love the Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft .

One of the best bolt on mods for the money, I wouldn't have a Mustang without one!

Thank you for your business and support!

Quote:
Dang man you are lucky! Well I was hoping to get everything installed this weekend. That is why I payed for the 3 day shipping. But if it doesn't arrive until next week, I wouldn't have paid for the 3 day shipping
I'm listening Kevin!

I got you all squared away and will follow up with you by the end of the day.

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out with any questions!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Wait...you had to wait more than 30 minutes for an email from AM?? WTH is going on over there with those guys?? Ill never use them again...

J/K we all love the guys at AM. Although I still have not received one free item from them yet...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Awesome I appreciate it! Raced a 2014 GT - Gotta Have it Green and my car wasn't trailing too bad with the V6 Performance Package it already has. So once I get the driveshaft and tune going, I can run with the rest of them in my City/San Antonio area.
Kevin,

You will definitely notice a major increase in power and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Make sure to let us know your thoughts when you get everything installed!

P.S- I got your PM and you will have a shirt on the way at no cost

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

PM sent back!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook

and I just got an update from Bama saying the tuner is being programmed and should ship today. Now the wait begins.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Wait...you had to wait more than 30 minutes for an email from AM?? WTH is going on over there with those guys?? Ill never use them again...

J/K we all love the guys at AM. Although I still have not received one free item from them yet...
Hey Socal,

Thanks for making my day, that gave me a good laugh.

We love hearing the positive feedback and I appreciate it greatly.

Shoot me a PM with your shirt size, address, and your choice of a T-Shirt or hoodie. On me!

Now you can't say I never gave you anything

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #15
Kevin.Cook

Because AM gives amazing service, I purchased the supscription to become a Supporter of this website!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You are going to think you are driving a different Mustang

I just put the axle exchange aluminum driveshaft on my 2012 V6 and all I can say is """I should have done this years ago"" It really does make a seat of the pants difference.
That and the tuner should really make a huge difference.
AM also has the Swarr Bar on sale and if you want great cornering,This is one item that works like it say's it does. It also tames down wheel hop if you have gears and a stick.
Ronnie

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
Kevin.Cook

I might miss out on that sale. These two mods used up the rest of my free money until I am finished moving as I am relocating apartments. Thanks though.

And yea, I wasn't gonna do the tune without the driveshaft. It would be asking for trouble.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #18

Region: Indiana
I have been waiting to pull the trigger and replace the stock driveshaft on my 2014 but hearing all the comments plus the sale is tempting me more and more. May have to get one come pay day!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jasmine66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
Kevin.Cook

Also, AM has a $10 off coupon on orders $250 or more. So that can help you even more if it works.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Shoot me a PM with your shirt size, address, and your choice of a T-Shirt or hoodie. On me!

Now you can't say I never gave you anything

-Will
Shirts and Hoodies for everyone! Will's got this round.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #21
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
and I just got an update from Bama saying the tuner is being programmed and should ship today. Now the wait begins.
Hey Kevin,

I promised you a follow up so here it is

All of your items have shipped and are scheduled for delivery on Friday!

Now the wait begins .

I hope I was able to take care of everything for you and if you need anything else feel free to reach out!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #22
Kevin.Cook

Thanks AMWill. I appreciate all of the help. Now to wait....
Old 02-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wish I could get a hooooooodie

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't get a free shirt, JK......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I think the alum. DS is a nice up grade. Did one myself. However I do alittle bracket racing and most surprisingly it made absolutely no difference in my ET or speed. Kind of disappointed in that regard.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #26
Kevin.Cook

I know it will not raise any stats on the power side of things. But it is to elimate a possible point of failure over the stock driveshaft.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #27
Road Trip!
Regular

Ive been wanting a 1 piece aluminum shaft. Show a video of how it makes a difference

Ride or die!
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #28
Kevin.Cook

To be honest, i dont think it will make a performance difference. The only change that might be noticeable is when you go over 125-130, the driveshaft won't break.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #29
Road Trip!
Regular

Oh ok i see! I saw one video on youtube of that happening to a v6

Ride or die!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #30
Kevin.Cook

Yea it is extremely scary and if it breaks, it can break other stuff under the car as well. $700 to put my mind at ease is good enough for me. Anything else is just added benefit.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #31
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Yea it is extremely scary and if it breaks, it can break other stuff under the car as well. $700 to put my mind at ease is good enough for me. Anything else is just added benefit.

True that

Ride or die!
Old 02-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I know it will not raise any stats on the power side of things. But it is to elimate a possible point of failure over the stock driveshaft.
So you plan on doing a lot of 120+ MPH?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #33
Kevin.Cook

Not alot. But if it does happen, I would like to know my car isn't going to grenade on me.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #34
Kevin.Cook

Looking at the tracking, it looks like my stuff will be delivered today

I have read tons of reviews and such but most people explain some of the perks of a tune. Can anyone list ALL of the positives they notice with an Auto as well as some of the possible issues to keep an eye out for?

I know AM/Bama is really good at fixing tunes so I am not too worried. But I just want to have the right expectations of what I should be seeing/looking out for, after loading the tunes.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

My Tune Experience - from a noob's perspective.

This was my very first experience with a tune. That may help you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang