service engine soon indicator went off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
service engine soon indicator went off

what the heck does that mean?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

It could be a 100 different things. Go to Autozone, spend 40.00 and buy a code reader. Then come back with the results.

Wait you have a tuner right? Use that to read the code.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

02 sensor negative current control circuit/open bank 2 sensor 1 ...?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
02 sensor negative current control circuit/open bank 2 sensor 1 ...?

Possibly a bad O2 sensor. I would say the O2 extensions, but you don't have longtubes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

all I need is replacement? or what? can I wait for the service?

Old 02-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What's the code exactly? Should be P something.

Depending which O2 sensor it is, it can cause rough idle and odd behavior.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 02-06-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How long ago did you install the shorty headers? Reason I ask, is it's very easy to disconnect the passenger side o2 sensor harness when manipulating the headers and your hands around in there to get to that bottom bolt closest to your firewall. I pulled mine loose without even knowing it during install and got the same code. Plugged it back in code gone. Get a flashlight and look around below the passenger side header close to the firewall. I'm betting you'll find the connector from the o2 sensor hanging out down there.
steviedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

p2254

Old 02-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

That's going to be upstream left, so the ones just below the headers on your drivers side.

I'd check what Steve suggested first. Make sure the wire is connected well and hasn't come loose.

Worst case scenario, take out the O2 sensor from the other side and swap them. See if you get a different code. If you do, it's likely a bad sensor.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Also saw this one it. Might try reflash ing back to stock and then reapply your tune as well:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums.../topics/361081

Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

ahh okay thanks guys... I clear the dtc code w the tuner... it didn't appear again but good advice I'll check it out and see if it's loose or not

Old 02-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I installed the headers maybe oct nov of last year

Old 02-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

update: I clear the dtc code via the tuner. drove the car a bit and the light hasn't come off again. in hoping it was just a malfunction in the instrument panel or something. did call ford and will have it evaluated though. I was honest with them and told them about my mods up front let's see if they make a big deal out of it.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
One thing to remember is there is a reason why dealerships can charge 100+ an hour to diagnose/ fix a car. The check engine light code generally a starting point on how to fix the car not a simple pointer on how to fix a car. If you throw an O2 code that generally means the sensor is not reading within range. It can often be the sensor although it can be a lot of other things upstream. For example if you have a pinhole exhaust leak it can occasionally cause it to read out of range and throw a code. Point I am trying to make is be sure to do research before replacing anything or else you may be wasting money.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

if it is a faulty O2 sensor it'll be free under warranty...

Old 02-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
if it is a faulty O2 sensor it'll be free under warranty...

With aftermarket headers, curious to see what the dealer would say and if they would really replace it for free...

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
With aftermarket headers, curious to see what the dealer would say and if they would really replace it for free...

yeah I've had zero contact w the dealer since purchasing in October 2013. a faulty O2 sensor is not mod fault I guess

Old 03-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hey everyone the sensor went off again almost after one month since I cleared. I cleared it again, but my question is should I be worried or what?

Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Sounds like it may just be dirty? If you leave it, you probably can go a good while without issues. But I'd change it as soon as possible just to avoid problems down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang