Tune installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Tune installed!

Just got my bama tuner just finished a nice long test drive with the 93 race tune. I am pretty impressed. It now has the get up and go that a mustang should.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Wiggy270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Congrats. I too just got my tuner but I need burn off the 87 fuel before filling with Premium fuel.
The power is an addiction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Congrats. I too just got my tuner but I need burn off the 87 fuel before filling with Premium fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes it is. Glad this is my first mod can only get better from here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
How much more HP do you get with a tune than you get by putting 91 octane in your car without a tune?
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
How much more HP do you get with a tune than you get by putting 91 octane in your car without a tune?
1.35 hp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
I don't know the numbers, but I was already running 93 octane before the tune. Definitely a big difference.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
A tune gives much more than horsepower, it changes the nature of the beast. I just loaded the latest BAMA 93 Street tune because I changed my tires to Zeon RS-3S 245/45/18 and it rocks. Throttle response is amazing and it pulls way better, it feels like.....well a BEAST. The Zeons have way more stick than the P Zero's and are quieter and smoother riding too which surprised me.This was the 3rd "generation" of Bama tunes for me and they keep getting better and I didn't have to pay a extra cent for them either.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Tune installed!

I got a race 91 octane tune from mpt and by far the best mod yet. I got 91 for the fact that it's the highest octane rating there is here around my area but still! My stang flies and it throws me back hard. I wonder if the 93 octane makes much more of a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
I got a race 91 octane tune from mpt and by far the best mod yet. I got 91 for the fact that it's the highest octane rating there is here around my area but still! My stang flies and it throws me back hard. I wonder if the 93 octane makes much more of a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My question is because these engines have knock sensors and variable timing. When you go to a higher octane the knock sensors detect the pre-ignition and advance your timing to "tune" itself to that octane. The advancing of the timing increases your HP. As I understand it HP increases anywhere from 7 to 10 ponies.

Of course there is a limit to how far the timing will advance itself without flashing the microprocessor but 91 octane is definitely within that realm and 93 probably is too. So I am wondering what a bama, or steeda, or whatever tune does to add to that. And if there is a difference is it enough to make it worth $300 to $400. From what I have been seeing on anecdotal reports from official runs on the drag strip people are only shaving 2 to 3 tenths of a second off of their runs with a tune.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
1.35 hp
I think you're being generous.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
A tune gives much more than horsepower, it changes the nature of the beast. I just loaded the latest BAMA 93 Street tune because I changed my tires to Zeon RS-3S 245/45/18 and it rocks. Throttle response is amazing and it pulls way better, it feels like.....well a BEAST. The Zeons have way more stick than the P Zero's and are quieter and smoother riding too which surprised me.This was the 3rd "generation" of Bama tunes for me and they keep getting better and I didn't have to pay a extra cent for them either.
This for sure. It's not all about the numbers, but the way it feels and how much more fun you can have with it.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #12

Region: Florida
I'm getting ready to buy a BAMA Tuner as soon as they have it for the 2015 3.7L V6, I see they they offer SF4/X4 power flasah tuner w/3 custom tunes VS Diablosport intune tuner w/3 custom tune
V6usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Throttle response alone and shift points make it worth it. Plus can increase the Ford 110mph max speed limit for the car. Anyone know where to buy custom tunes? I have the Bama X4 but came with a stock V6 mustang tune. Not sure if you can buy new ones online or need to find a shop to do so.
Bonsai_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

you will need to buy the Tunes for Life from AM. Costs $150. Unless you got the tuner from AM, then you may want to contact them.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy270 View Post
Just got my bama tuner just finished a nice long test drive with the 93 race tune. I am pretty impressed. It now has the get up and go that a mustang should.
Hey Wiggy270

That's awesome! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying Bama's 93 Race Tune as much as I do! I would switch around the tunes to see what you like running the most as the Race can be a little sensitive on the streets. (This is coming from someone that hasn't switched off the Race tune in months too!)

Let me know if there's anything I can ever help out with, I'm always around!

Quote:
Hey Kevin

I'm happy to hear that you're having a blast as well. Definitely get all the 87 out before you're going to make the switch over to 93 octane and let me know how it works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
iguanaman3

Thanks for posting this up! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama tune as well! They've really come a long way over the past few months and the proof is in the pudding!

Let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with, I'm a PM away!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6usmc View Post
I'm getting ready to buy a BAMA Tuner as soon as they have it for the 2015 3.7L V6, I see they they offer SF4/X4 power flasah tuner w/3 custom tunes VS Diablosport intune tuner w/3 custom tune
Hey V6usmc - I shot you a reply in the other thread where you had this asked but seeing that you're getting into a 2015 V6 Bama does not have tunes ready for them at this time but they should shortly!

Sorry about the delay!

Quote:
Hey Brew - I honestly think that it's negligible and it's more that the vehicle will feel that much more responsive. The car will make the same amount of power from Street, Performance, to the Race tune and the differences are in regards to throttle sensitivity, where the power comes on in the curve etc.

let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always around to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook

Just got my revised v2 tunes and will load my 93 Race tune tonight to see if there is a difference from the old Race tune. Really excited
Old 02-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Just got my revised v2 tunes and will load my 93 Race tune tonight to see if there is a difference from the old Race tune. Really excited
Did you just ask for the new version or did you upgrade something as well?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #18
Kevin.Cook

Just went through the form to request a tune. I haven't changed anything but in the new tune, I requested the remove the throttle cutoff on my Auto. Because when I go to take off if the car is over 2000 RPM, I get no throttle until the RPMs drop back below 2000. This happens while the car is moving and say I pop it in Neutral, Rev, and try to take off. Or if I am taking off from a dead stop.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #19

[QUOTE=AMAlexLazarus;2172234]Hey Wiggy270

That's awesome! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying Bama's 93 Race Tune as much as I do! I would switch around the tunes to see what you like running the most as the Race can be a little sensitive on the streets. (This is coming from someone that hasn't switched off the Race tune in months too!)

Let me know if there's anything I can ever help out with, I'm always around!

I've tried the others now and went right back to the race tune. Lol. Love that throttle response.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang