Difference between x3 and x4 Bama Tuner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Difference between x3 and x4 Bama Tuner?

X4 is 400$ and I found w x3 for 200$. Which should I get? What are the major differences if any? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
X4 is 400$ and I found w x3 for 200$. Which should I get? What are the major differences if any? Thank you!

X4 is a lot more convenient.I have had both the x4 is super small,the power chord can be disconnected making it easier to instal. Also has wireless capabilities

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
With the assumption that you found the x3 used, keep in mind that you still have the buy the tunes. Factor that in to your cost.

With the x4, you can get it for $400 (less if you go AM discount) and have tunes depending on the company you go with.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Difference between x3 and x4 Bama Tuner?

Well he said it comes with 3 tunes and it is "unmarried" so it can be used with any mustang. Is this correct? Because he said it comes with the 3 tunes. The street, performance, and I think the 3rd is track. So if correct I would not need to buy the tunes.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 02-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Well he said it comes with 3 tunes and it is "unmarried" so it can be used with any mustang. Is this correct? Because he said it comes with the 3 tunes. The street, performance, and I think the 3rd is track. So if correct I would not need to buy the tunes.

No, only if the Mustang's ECU it was going on had the same ECU code range. That's the number/letter on the ECU like below..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423283215.681845.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	175004

It would have to match whatever it went on. Plus, most all peeps need to adjust their tunes for their motor since everyone runs a little different. Once you tried to get an update, they'll charge you.

IG: @azurebluemach
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So he is lying or mistaken about it being "unmarried"? I guess I won't buy it lol

Old 02-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If he returned his vehicle back to stock with the device, it is unmarried. Unmarried just means that there is no vehicle currently that has a tune loaded from that device. Therefore, it is "unmarried" and free to load a tune to another car. You just have to get a tune (which is custom to your car) to put on the device to then "marry" to your own vehicle. Once you put your car back to stock, the tuner is once again "unmarried."

If that makes sense.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:36 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It will probably make more sense if you buy the x4 since the x3 probably only had the sct tune in it. Which doesn't do much for you. While you can get a brand new x4 from either bama, steeda, or mpt such and such for somewhere around $400.

sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, thank you guys! I really appreciate it.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #10

Region: Florida
BAMA

[QUOTE=Chaz12;2168546]X4 is 400$ and I found w x3 for 200$. Which should I get? What are the major differences if any? Thank you!
I'd go with the X4 latest programs also check out the Diablosport Intune Tuner $399.00 check out both video on American Muscle there a difference in HP gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QU
V6usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #11

BAMA SF4/X4 vs Diablosport Intune Tuner

Can anybody that has used these BAMA tuners please tell me what the difference is & which is better they cost the same.
Ty
Old 02-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

SCT all the way. After speaking with the president of SCT at the AM Show, there is no doubt these guys are serious and know what they are about. He told me they had just bought Bulley Boy as well. There are many things to consider going with a used one and pretty much everything say go new. The choice is which set of tunes. Spend your money on a new SCT4 and your time on picking the tune.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6usmc View Post
Can anybody that has used these BAMA tuners please tell me what the difference is & which is better they cost the same.
Ty
There's no such thing as a "Bama tuner". What it is is an SCT tuner that had a Bama tune on it at one time.

Tunes are not transferable.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Bama was a well known and respected independent tuner that was bought out by AM. There are others like Lund, JPC. Evolution, etc.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #15

BAMA SF4/X4 Power Flash Tuner w/3 custom tunes VS BAMA Diablosport Intune Tuner w/ 3 cutom tunes, which of these are the better on the video there's a differance in HP output there both $399.00. I'm an old gear head from the mid 60's were everything was mechancial just getting into the tech stuff
Old 02-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Biggest difference is screen size, colors, x4 has wifi and is very easy to use. Can plug in and download updates and install in a few clicks. Also comes with a tune. If you go through American Muscle they add tunes as well. I purchased through CJPonyParts and found a 10% off and got it for $360. Just google CJponyparts online coupons and see what you can find. Worth a few minutes search.
Bonsai_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #17
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
X4 is a lot more convenient.I have had both the x4 is super small,the power chord can be disconnected making it easier to instal. Also has wireless capabilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
With the assumption that you found the x3 used, keep in mind that you still have the buy the tunes. Factor that in to your cost.

With the x4, you can get it for $400 (less if you go AM discount) and have tunes depending on the company you go with.
Quote:
Hey Chaz,

Sorry about the delay . Good questions here and it's looking like the guys beat me to the punch here! I would hands down shoot for a brand new Bama X4 Tuner simply for the piece of mind that it's going to brand new as well as so you're not jumping through hoops paying privately and then re-enrolling in the Tunes For Life Program. Furthermore in the event that you were to have any type of device issue Bama and AmeicanMuscle would be here to help get you set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6usmc View Post
BAMA SF4/X4 Power Flash Tuner w/3 custom tunes VS BAMA Diablosport Intune Tuner w/ 3 cutom tunes, which of these are the better on the video there's a differance in HP output there both $399.00. I'm an old gear head from the mid 60's were everything was mechancial just getting into the tech stuff
V6usmc

That's a good question and I just took a look at both and it's looking like we have them prorucing the same amount of power. I just want to clear up that the gains advertised is power that's produced throughout the curve;

Bama looks at the curve and peak gains - Peak gains compare the highest number to the highest number. The Curve gains here compares the largest gap between most horsepower and lowest horsepower and most torque and the lowest torque at any specific spot within the RPM range. So just to reiterate here the Dyno will measure the highest horsepower number for each run and compares it to the higher number from another run. When Bama gives peak gains the numbers match what the dyno shoes. They also provide curve gains which looks at the biggest difference in horsepower between two runs.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai_Fox View Post
Biggest difference is screen size, colors, x4 has wifi and is very easy to use. Can plug in and download updates and install in a few clicks. Also comes with a tune. If you go through American Muscle they add tunes as well...
Thanks for the help here Bonsai! I could not have said it better myself! AmericanMuscle also offers a MustangEvolution specific Forums Discount code for members over 50 posts as well! If you're under 50 posts shoot me a PM anyway and I'm happy to have a small $Off code shot out!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang