Has anyone ever bought from... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Has anyone ever bought from...

BMC Extreme Customs? I ordered:

Ford Mustang GT OEM Styled Fiberglass Hood Vents 2013 2014 SCMVENTS

I ordered the normal ones and not the Carbon Fiber. The order was placed and cleared on Saturday morning. Item still has not shipped yet. Guy from that company emails me today saying it will ship "soon" and they will send me Carbon Fiber ones free of charge.

First off, I never asked for those. If I wanted them, I would have ordered them as $50 is not a concern for me. Second, CF would look horendous on my car as there are no other CF styled parts on my car.

I appreciate their concern but in all the years I have worked customer service, I would never try to change someones order with something they didn't ask for. Along with the delayed shipping, I am going crazy.

Has anyone else ordered from these people before and how was your experience?

On a side note, yes I am getting hood vents installed I got a local shop that quoted $200 to cut the holes in the hood of the mustang and fit the vents in. They will also make sure they seal properly.

Still not sure if I want to get them painted gloss black or Sterling Grey like the car. Either way, the shop quoted $100 to paint them which did not seem too bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
As far as i am aware, it is illegal to charge for good prior to shipping. I actually had to get on a company a few years back who said i agreed to wait a month for parts to come back in stock, which i certainly did not ... may just want to stay on top of them, but banks are always easy to work with in these types of situations, so no sweat.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

I would have loved to get these from AM but I could only find CF ones on their website and not normal or pre painted ones.

AM - Yall should get these!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
+1 on thinking changing w/o asking is weird. idk but the $200/$100 numbers sound good to me.

it could be worse. Instead of CF they could send you HOT PINK
Old 02-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Oh Man >_> You are right. Definitely eye popping though lol
Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
From what I understand they sell top notch stuff. Look at some of the body kits,very nice.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
Kevin.Cook

And they do have some nice stuff available. I was just surprised with how they are processing my order for something that seems so simple.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think that is unacceptable and unprofessional. Some people are very picky and order a specific part because that is what they need and want. If the switched the color of something I ordered I would say something. They should give up I the OPTION but not make it a mandatory switch with no permission by yourself, maybe they don't have that part in stock so they are trying to send out the carbon one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
For the most part the Mustang companies online seem to have good customer service. I agree with swapping your parts though. Im sure they thought they were doing you a favor by "upgrading" to CF. I would guess most would not complain about it. I would be like you though,just give me what I paid for...period. Ive dealt with AM, LMR and CJ (only one time) and they are all very good companies with excellent customer service, I think AM spoils us....
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Now I just got a reply saying they don't even have the vents I ordered. They said that is why they tried to change my order.

In my opinion, I think it's a little messed up to try and change someone's order without being upfront and honest with them. Now I am halfway through the business day waiting for a response, now to only wait 3-5 business days for a refund.

Their site doesn't mention anything about them not being available and their customer service flat out stinks. I will not be buying from this place again.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Now they are trying to justify why giving me the CF one is the better choice. Now the company is trying to make my purchasing decision for me?! This is a whole new level of "On some other s***". Guess I am gonna have to call Paypal for my refund if they keep this up.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Finally got them to cancel the order (Will wait and see). Found a set of vents on ebay for $140: 2013 2014 Mustang GT Hood Heat Extractors Vents Take Off | eBay

Seems they are already painted Black so that saves me money. At least something good came out of this.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Have you considered looking for a takeoff GT hood?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:39 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

I have. But then I would need to pay 700-1000 for it, and then have it repainted which could cost about 700-1000 more. That's a bit too much for me.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I have. But then I would need to pay 700-1000 for it, and then have it repainted which could cost about 700-1000 more. That's a bit too much for me.
They have a Sterling gray GT500 take off hood for 850 and free shipping....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...136027&alt=web

They have several colors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Or this one minus the vents you just bought.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 02-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #17
Kevin.Cook

The sterling grey ones have stripes painted on them it seems. But its fine, I am gonna like my setup. Been checking out pics of GTs with the vents and cant wait for mine to come in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
They have a Sterling gray GT500 take off hood for 850 and free shipping....

They have several colors.

Quit trying to change his order, the man wants what he wants!

I on the other hand have been looking at hoods from that seller. Thinking a nice birthday present to myself might be in order in a few months. But then I'm gonna have to get some hood props, and then a radiator cover that matches, then the battery and brake covers... Right now I'm just focused on the rear end, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
The sterling grey ones have stripes painted on them it seems. But its fine, I am gonna like my setup. Been checking out pics of GTs with the vents and cant wait for mine to come in.

They're stock vinyl. You can peel them off.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Quit trying to change his order, the man wants what he wants!

I on the other hand have been looking at hoods from that seller. Thinking a nice birthday present to myself might be in order in a few months. But then I'm gonna have to get some hood props, and then a radiator cover that matches, then the battery and brake covers... Right now I'm just focused on the rear end, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I'll change it if I want! I would totally get the hood if it'd fit on my 2012, unfortunately not.

I just bought some paint and materials to try my hand at painting my radiator cover and whatnot. Looks fairly easy if done right.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Randomly checked craigslist and saw this at the newest post lol.

2014 Mustang GT hood (sterling gray)

negotiate it down to 300!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #22
Kevin.Cook

Haha. Wishful thinking but I doubt they will drop the price by over 50% and ship it to Texas. I am sure shipping for it is not cheap.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang