MPT OR BAMA TUNE?! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:34 PM   #36
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I have Bama and MPT tunes and both companies are great. I have been running Bama tunes for around 4 years now and never a days issue with them. I have their old hybrid tune and think its fantastic. Bama and AM are top notch and so is MPT.

I have not tried Bama's new tunes but feel nothing is wrong with their old hybrid tune I have. 😎
Hey Kona,

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the Bama tune!

We really appreciate the kind words and support!

If you ever wanted to give the new tunes a shot, feel free to let me know!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #37
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Yeah, I have both the Bama 93R and the MPT 93 with race shifts and I love them both to be honest.

The thing I really like about Bama though is you get the tunes for life. I'd recommend starting Bama (get an 87, 91 and 93 tune) and modify your little heart out. Anytime you add a modification you can have them tune it for you for free. Then after you feel you're set with your modifications, get the MPT.

I've have nothing but positive reviews for Bama, AM and MPT.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Yeah, I have both the Bama 93R and the MPT 93 with race shifts and I love them both to be honest.

The thing I really like about Bama though is you get the tunes for life. I'd recommend starting Bama (get an 87, 91 and 93 tune) and modify your little heart out. Anytime you add a modification you can have them tune it for you for free. Then after you feel you're set with your modifications, get the MPT.

Mpt will do revisions for up to six months though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #39
Kevin.Cook

I just got off the phone with Bama because we are trying to iron out why the car wont do burnouts above 2k rpm. The rep was very much willing to help and stayed on the phone with me until he could find some changes on my tune to adjust. And he is gonna email me the tune in a few. On demand service like that is rare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #40
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Mpt will do revisions for up to six months though

Yeah, then $20 or something like that after the 6 months which isn't bad at all, but I feel like most people want more than 6 months to modify their car. That's why, personally, I'd go with Bama first just to get a tune on to wake it up. Then you can mod piece by piece, and once you're happy with what you've got then get the MPT.

Again, this is just what I'd do.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Yeah, then $20 or something like that after the 6 months which isn't bad at all, but I feel like most people want more than 6 months to modify their car. That's why, personally, I'd go with Bama first just to get a tune on to wake it up. Then you can mod piece by piece, and once you're happy with what you've got then get the MPT.

Again, this is just what I'd do.
Yeah that is for sure nice. What I did to be honest only bought mpt because I had money on my PayPal.

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Kona,

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the Bama tune!

We really appreciate the kind words and support!

If you ever wanted to give the new tunes a shot, feel free to let me know!

-Will
AMWill,

I have nothing but positive experiences with AM and Bama. Nobody works harder on customer service and support on these forums than the AM reps. Hands down , AM is world class. I really love my 91 hybrid tune but will gladly try those new race tunes in the very near future.

Bama tunes are a must have and on a side note for those who are not aware but Bama now tunes for FI and E85. Yes, Bama tunes for turbo and super chargers however I'm not sure if that is apart of the free tunes for life program or extra.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #43
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:

Hey Vig,

I'm really happy to hear that you are enjoying the Bama tune and your MPT tune, MPT is a great company and a great group of guys!

The fact that you can provide your honest feedback for both is great!

When is the last time that you had your Bama tunes updated?

I can almost guarantee that the V2 race tune will be up to par if not better than any competitors tune you compare it to. I'd even be willing to bet!

I would be willing to pay for you to take your car to a local dyno and compare the Bama V2 Race tune to ANY competitors tune on me!

The V2 tunes are currently out for all 2005+ GT's and will be dropping for your 3.7 very shortly!

All I would want in return is your honest results and honest feedback without mentioning who the Bama team is up against, no catch!

If you're willing to do this, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will make it happen!

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #44
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
AMWill,

I have nothing but positive experiences with AM and Bama. Nobody works harder on customer service and support on these forums than the AM reps. Hands down , AM is world class. I really love my 91 hybrid tune but will gladly try those new race tunes in the very near future.

Bama tunes are a must have and on a side note for those who are not aware but Bama now tunes for FI and E85. Yes, Bama tunes for turbo and super chargers however I'm not sure if that is apart of the free tunes for life program or extra.
Hey Kona,

Replies like these make me love doing what I do!

I'm so happy to hear you are loving your experience with American Muscle and Bama Performance.

I'm just a PM away if you ever need anything!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #45
Kevin.Cook

Another cool part about Bama, they won't just give you whatever tune you want. This is to help your car from getting destroyed. That sense of caring just goes along with their awesome customer support.

For example: I have been driving a standard for soo long, that some of the features in the new Autos is fairly new to me. So to help me understand the restraints of the way the ECU in the Autos function, a Bama rep walked me through all of the details over the phone on how the Automatics function.

Now I don't consider that to be in their primary job function as this is something Ford should be telling people, but the guys at Bama have no problem going above and beyond for their customers.

I have never used MPT but I imagine they have great products and customer service as well. All I can offer on this is my own experience. The real decision is up to you.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #46
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Another cool part about Bama, they won't just give you whatever tune to help your car from getting destroyed. That sense of caring just goes along with their awesome customer support.

For example: I have been driving a standard for soo long, that some of the features in the new Autos is fairly new to me. So to help me understand the restraints of the way the ECU in the Autos function, a Bama rep walked me through all of the details over the phone on how the Automatics function.

Now I don't consider that to be in their primary job function as this is something Ford should be telling people, but the guys at Bama have no problem going above and beyond for their customers.

I have never used MPT but I imagine they have great products and customer service as well. All I can offer on this is my own experience. The real decision is up to you.
Hey Kevin,

I'm so glad to hear that the Bama team was helpful to you!

They are a highly trained, great group of guys who love what they do.

The Bama team and myself will go out of our way to make sure our customers are happy, that's what we are here for!

On a side note, I did get your PM Kevin, did you get everything taken care of with the Bama team over the phone?

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #47
Kevin.Cook

I did. Been using a manual trans for soo long that this newer Auto stuff I am still learning. See I have been soo used to a certain way of launching and reving that on these newer Autos, it just isn't possible.

I switched to Auto due to the heavy traffic in Austin, TX. Because clutching every 2 seconds got old after the first few months. I regret trading the car now but at the same time I am still in the transition phase.

And when I say clutching every 2 seconds, I am not kidding. Some days I can spend 2-3 hours just trying to get out of the city. And its only a few miles! D:
Old 02-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #48
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

MPT OR BAMA TUNE?!

Quote:
Hey Vig,

I'm really happy to hear that you are enjoying the Bama tune and your MPT tune, MPT is a great company and a great group of guys!

I can almost guarantee that the V2 race tune will be up to par if not better than any competitors tune you compare it to. I'd even be willing to bet!

I would be willing to pay for you to take your car to a local dyno and compare the Bama V2 Race tune to ANY competitors tune on me!

The V2 tunes are currently out for all 2005+ GT's and will be dropping for your 3.7 very shortly!

All I would want in return is your honest results and honest feedback without mentioning who the Bama team is up against, no catch!

If you're willing to do this, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will make it happen!

-Will

Sweet! Just sent you a PM. I am totally down to do this.

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about the V2 tune and I'm really excited to try it out.

I'll post up everything I get and I'll take video of all the fun.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Hey Vig,

-Will
Wow. Now that's impressive. And confident.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'll sign up for the V2 tunes for my 3.7! Is it only available for Race or is it also offered for Performance and Street?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Does Bama have now or working on the Lopey Ghost Cam Tune ? Maybe someone has purchased this and would comment on it ? Thanks

PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

MPT!

hansford1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, yes I knew about the mpt just wondering if Bama offered that.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

MPT!

hansford1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #55
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Sweet! Just sent you a PM. I am totally down to do this.

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about the V2 tune and I'm really excited to try it out.

I'll post up everything I get and I'll take video of all the fun.
Hey Vig,

I got your PM and shot you back a reply.

If you're in, I'm in!

I can't wait to pull my 2014 GT out of the garage this spring and get the V2 tunes loaded up! I have heard nothing but great feedback from out customers and I noticed a huge difference in the cars that I've driven.

I'm glad to hear that you are eager to do this and I am just as excited as you are!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #56
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Wow. Now that's impressive. And confident.
Hey Charlotte,

Thank you for the kind words. I stand behind the Bama team 100% with this one.

The V2 tunes are out of this world and I have no problem "putting my money where my mouth is"

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I'll sign up for the V2 tunes for my 3.7! Is it only available for Race or is it also offered for Performance and Street?
Hey DiE,

Great question!

When the V2 tunes drop for the 3.7 it will be available in both a race version and a performance version.

The performance version is designed for the aggressive daily driver or weekend warrior. The Performance tune provides much more power than stock along with increased throttle response and improved shift firmness while still allowing for a comfortable ride and feel.

The Race Tune is designed for just that; race use! The Race tune delivers maximum horsepower and torque with aggressive transmission settings and a sensitive throttle response allowing for the beast to be unleashed in your Mustang!

Although both tunes can be driven on no problem, even 24/7 if you wanted to, the race tune is extremely aggressive.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Does Bama have now or working on the Lopey Ghost Cam Tune ? Maybe someone has purchased this and would comment on it ? Thanks
Hey PaPa.

Another great question!

In regards to the cam tune, the Bama team has been hard at work focusing on the V2 tunes that as of right now the Cammed tune is not being offered.

Luckily, that can only last so long!

The Bama team will be releasing a new and improved ghost cam tune shortly, stay tuned!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
When my car was N/A I had three different tunes for 93 race. The first one was developed with Doug Studdard when he was at C&L - in 2013 Ford put torque management in the transmission so trying to do a burnout at the track meant that the engine wouldn't go above 2,000 rpm on the automatic. So I worked with Doug finding out how to set up a tune and gave him feedback on the other things with his tune.

Because of the torque management issue I had my tuner in hand but had not received my tunes yet from Bama while they were working on that issue; once they had it resolved they sent my tunes.

I then purchased a 93R tune from MPT.

All 3 tunes were good, and I tested them against each other at MRI in October 2013. On the track, with cool down in between runs and humidity/temps relatively the same -- Doug's tune was the quickest but right behind was the Bama tune, MPT was consistently the slowest that day.

Now MPT did work on the tune with data logging, but we ran out of time to get it dialed in because it was late in the year and I wasn't willing to go all out on roads already seeing some ice and snow! We didn't finish in the spring because I added a turbo (do not use BBR for tuning, I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with them and the car ran lean and broke 2 ring lands despite 2 weeks worth of almost daily data logging with them).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
When my car was N/A I had three different tunes for 93 race. The first one was developed with Doug Studdard when he was at C&L - in 2013 Ford put torque management in the transmission so trying to do a burnout at the track meant that the engine wouldn't go above 2,000 rpm on the automatic. So I worked with Doug finding out how to set up a tune and gave him feedback on the other things with his tune.

Because of the torque management issue I had my tuner in hand but had not received my tunes yet from Bama while they were working on that issue; once they had it resolved they sent my tunes.

I then purchased a 93R tune from MPT.

All 3 tunes were good, and I tested them against each other at MRI in October 2013. On the track, with cool down in between runs and humidity/temps relatively the same -- Doug's tune was the quickest but right behind was the Bama tune, MPT was consistently the slowest that day.

Now MPT did work on the tune with data logging, but we ran out of time to get it dialed in because it was late in the year and I wasn't willing to go all out on roads already seeing some ice and snow! We didn't finish in the spring because I added a turbo (do not use BBR for tuning, I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with them and the car ran lean and broke 2 ring lands despite 2 weeks worth of almost daily data logging with them).
Just curious because I am not a noob and not an expert, lol. Every tune compant has told me it really take about 30-50 miles for a tune to program completely in. They usually say to give it that long and then it is truly programed. They have also said a number of time that you shouldn't go WOT until after that 30 or so miles. How is it anyone can test different tunes really on same day. Would think needs to be Dyno tested with a good 50 or so miles between runs
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
I've never been told it takes 30 miles or anything to get the tune set up. It takes some time for the adaptive learning on the transmission to learn your driving style - which is one reason you pull the fuse at the track to reset it and not have it trying to shift for daily driving.

And rather than a dyno chart I prefer to see what the tune does on the track. The dyno is simply a tool to get it set up. The track is where you learn what the tune does.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info Will...I'll just wait it out because I really want to deal with Bama/AM

Old 02-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #61
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Thanks for the info Will...I'll just wait it out because I really want to deal with Bama/AM

No problem at all Papa!

We really appreciate the business and support.

I can assure you that your patience will not be in vain, once the ghost cam tune gets released, it will be amazing!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A guy on a different forum tested Bama vs his MPT and Steeda tune and the Bama race and MPT tune gained the same amount of horsepower, however the MPT did get a tad bit more torque

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Christian_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_E View Post
A guy on a different forum tested Bama vs his MPT and Steeda tune and the Bama race and MPT tune gained the same amount of horsepower, however the MPT did get a tad bit more torque

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That may of been me sir.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425616041472.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	176781  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang