Watts link on a Convertible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Watts link on a Convertible

Every where I look the watts link will not work on the verts has anyone got them to work? And what did you have to do? Why won't it work, what's different about the verts? I plan on putting on a roll cage and want to take it to the track.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Convertibles have extra rear bracing, I think that gets in the way so the watts link won't mount.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

You don't need a watts link for a roll bar, so I don't understand that part of your post. I had a custom 6 point in my 2006. It is in the storage shed waiting to see if I can use it with my 2013. Need to modify it some because of changes I want for this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you're serious enough about racing to put a roll cage in, i would imagine you would be serious enough to sell the vert for a coupe...
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Get a Swarr bar

If you can;t hook up a Watts link, You should look into a Swarr Bar. Much cheaper and does about the same exact thing. Easy to install. The hardest part is drilling two holes in the differential housing. ( Not hard at all --(Really)
I have one on my Mustang and it really plants the rear wheels when cornering or accelerating.
American Muscle has them on sale right now.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I wouldn't really say the swarr bar does the same thing. The watts link is connected to the frame and has 2 points off the frame that connect to the middle of the axle preventing it from going side to side. The swarr bar only grabs onto the axle so it doesn't help the side to side movement at all, it just braces the axle tubes.

Very different parts.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Lousy picture

If you see how the Swarr Bar is bolted to the same bracket that the Pan Hard bar is bolted to, You will more understand just what more it does then stop axle shafts from spinning.
It bolts on the end on each side in place of where Ford put the heavy weights.

I'm saying that if he can not use a Watts Link-The Swarr bar is way better then nothing at all. It does keep both rear wheels planted and greatly improves the cornering. It also will reduce wheel hop problems on some cars depending on tires and rear ratio.

Ronnie

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:40 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

I don't believe that the swarr bar fits a convertible either, due to the extra bracing.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I do have a sway bar and I did buy a pan hard bar but from what I have heard the watts link really controls the car much nicer but I still have to buy my turbo and forged cylinder heads and I'll be done with my car. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang