Bama V2 tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Bama V2 tune

Just watched the video of the bama v2 tune and saw it promises up to 50hp and 49ft of torque😳 is that legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That video is for the GT not the 3.7
superblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblur View Post
That video is for the GT not the 3.7
Yea I know, but the fact that it's adding 50hp is crazy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The GT guys will likely stick with AED and Lund, just like the majority of 3.7 folks stick with MPT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
The GT guys will likely stick with AED and Lund, just like the majority of 3.7 folks stick with MPT.

Yea I'm all for MPT. Never gave bama a chance but I'm pleased with how good MPT is

Old 02-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
Yea I'm all for MPT. Never gave bama a chance but I'm pleased with how good MPT is

I say this a lot on here, but for what it is worth, I change between my bama and mpt tune once a week and I still can't decide which is better.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:

+1
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I say this a lot on here, but for what it is worth, I change between my bama and mpt tune once a week and I still can't decide which is better.

Maybe if you're only lightly modded, like I said in the other thread Bama's tune for me was bad. Stock it was good.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Maybe if you're only lightly modded, like I said in the other thread Bama's tune for me was bad. Stock it was good.
I would agree here. Bama is like the gateway tune that eases you in lol.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I will have to see once I drop cams in, I think I will get a Lund tune also for kicks and giggles

Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will have to see once I drop cams in, I think I will get a Lund tune also for kicks and giggles

I considered Lund but for a custom tune with cams its $450. Couldnt afford it
Old 02-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I considered Lund but for a custom tune with cams its $450. Couldnt afford it
Oh on the beefcake website I didn't see anything about a price increase for cams

Old 02-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

On Lund Racing and Lethal Performance websites it $200 for the base tune and for aftermarket cams its +$250.00. Definitely a bit pricey
Old 02-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
On Lund Racing and Lethal Performance websites it $200 for the base tune and for aftermarket cams its +$250.00. Definitely a bit pricey
Damnnnnn. Mpt and bama it is lol

Old 02-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damnnnnn. Mpt and bama it is lol

I'm really curious about this V2 Bama tune. Paul Meister has been Bama's new lead calibrator since last summer I believe and I've been keeping an eye on Bama since he's arrived.

Paul has a pretty decent background and has definitely improved Bama by a long shot since he started working there. I just got settled into my new MPT tune and have been loving it, but once it gets stale I may give Bama another shot.

BAMA Chips was once a great tuning company I heard (back in 2011 or so). I'm interested in seeing if they can make a comeback.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I'm really curious about this V2 Bama tune. Paul Meister has been Bama's new lead calibrator since last summer I believe and I've been keeping an eye on Bama since he's arrived.

Paul has a pretty decent background and has definitely improved Bama by a long shot since he started working there. I just got settled into my new MPT tune and have been loving it, but once it gets stale I may give Bama another shot.

BAMA Chips was once a great tuning company I heard (back in 2011 or so). I'm interested in seeing if they can make a comeback.
I have a v2 tune for my headers that still aren't on. I will compare betwee, that and mpt

Old 02-12-2015, 07:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:

I installed the V2 tunes yesterday after running the old 93R for 18,000 miles. Driveability is much much better, the cold bucking has totally disappeared and the engine is smoother than I ever remember it being. I plan on comparing them at the track back to back over a series of runs in another month or so when the track opens.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
I installed the V2 tunes yesterday after running the old 93R for 18,000 miles. Driveability is much much better, the cold bucking has totally disappeared and the engine is smoother than I ever remember it being. I plan on comparing them at the track back to back over a series of runs in another month or so when the track opens.
Thanks for reporting in. Looking forward for more feedback.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #19
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Just watched the video of the bama v2 tune and saw it promises up to 50hp and 49ft of torque😳 is that legit?
Hey Roush -

That's a great question and this is power that's made throughout the curve on the GT - Bama looks at the curve and peak gains - Peak gains compare the highest number to the highest number. The Curve gains here compares the largest gap between most horsepower and lowest horsepower and most torque and the lowest torque at any specific spot within the RPM range. So just to reiterate here the Dyno will measure the highest horsepower number for each run and compares it to the higher number from another run. When Bama gives peak gains the numbers match what the dyno shoes. They also provide curve gains which looks at the biggest difference in horsepower between two runs.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

Quote:

2Stangz

I think you should definitely give them a try - The buzz on the forums has been great and the driveabiltiy has been really refined. Paul has a great background in the tuning scene and has been doing this for well over a decade.

Let me know if you'd like to get set up and I'll make this happen!

Quote:
Hey Scott - Thanks a lot for taking the time to have this posted up . I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying them and I'd love to hear your feedback on the runs.

Keep me in the loop or feel free to make a post once you get your results!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Roush -

That's a great question and this is power that's made throughout the curve on the GT - Bama looks at the curve and peak gains - Peak gains compare the highest number to the highest number. The Curve gains here compares the largest gap between most horsepower and lowest horsepower and most torque and the lowest torque at any specific spot within the RPM range. So just to reiterate here the Dyno will measure the highest horsepower number for each run and compares it to the higher number from another run. When Bama gives peak gains the numbers match what the dyno shoes. They also provide curve gains which looks at the biggest difference in horsepower between two runs.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

2Stangz

I think you should definitely give them a try - The buzz on the forums has been great and the driveabiltiy has been really refined. Paul has a great background in the tuning scene and has been doing this for well over a decade.

Let me know if you'd like to get set up and I'll make this happen!

Hey Scott - Thanks a lot for taking the time to have this posted up . I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying them and I'd love to hear your feedback on the runs.

Keep me in the loop or feel free to make a post once you get your results!

Alex

Thanks for clearing it up for me AMalex. But I'm glad bama just keeps on pushing forward to make the 5.0's more of the street terrors they are.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #21
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for clearing it up for me AMalex. But I'm glad bama just keeps on pushing forward to make the 5.0's more of the street terrors they are.
Roush -

Anytime! Believe me I know that the "Through the Curve" business can be confusing sometimes! Bama's new tunes rip! The 5.0's are definitely nuts and while the V6 tunes have been overhauled they'll likely have V2's made available shortly!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Roush -

Anytime! Believe me I know that the "Through the Curve" business can be confusing sometimes! Bama's new tunes rip! The 5.0's are definitely nuts and while the V6 tunes have been overhauled they'll likely have V2's made available shortly!

Alex

Yea for a person who doesn't really know about curve buinsess it's confusing but yea I got it now.
Lol can't wait for the v2's to come out for the v6! I'll make sure to look out for that.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #23
Kevin.Cook

When I put my tune request in on Monday, it asked about what I wanted my V2 tunes to be for my v6. So maybe they are doing them now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
Kevin.Cook

I thought it was just coincidence and maybe meant cuz it was my 2nd time getting tunes. So i went to get a tune again today and it still says V2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Yea for a person who doesn't really know about curve buinsess it's confusing but yea I got it now.
Lol can't wait for the v2's to come out for the v6! I'll make sure to look out for that.
Hey - I just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page in here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
When I put my tune request in on Monday, it asked about what I wanted my V2 tunes to be for my v6. So maybe they are doing them now?
Quote:
I thought it was just coincidence and maybe meant cuz it was my 2nd time getting tunes. So i went to get a tune again today and it still says V2.
Hey Kevin - Sorry about the glitch but Bama is in the process of redoing their tube submission form which is why this was present - I assure you that the tunes being sent are the best of what's around Bama as we speak and based on some of the feedback I've seen today alone they're going to blow your socks off!!1

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Interesting. I'm about to pull the trigger on a tune. Might hold off and see what v2 is all about....
Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The amount of HP gains out of a tune largely depend on your mods. If you have a stock car and tune it your not going to gain as much as if you have full bolt-ons or if you go into the engine (ported heads, cams, etc) and get a tune.

Another thing to remember is you cant say an intake adds 10 HP, exhaust adds 5 hp, and a tune adds 20 hp. Its all about how the mods work in conjunction with each other and support each other. When buying parts you always have to remember that in the description it says add "UP TO" X amount of power.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #28
Kevin.Cook

Yea right! I added random decals and showed a 120 HP increase at the dyno! I got a fart can at auto zone and it added another 50 HP! Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!!!

Just kidding. With a CAI and Tune I honestly only expected a 5-10 hp increase to be honest. Not sure how much my 3.31 gears will factor in.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Thanks for reporting in. Looking forward for more feedback.
One thing I have noticed over two days is when cold the tune keeps the revs up to keep it from bucking. The old tune would drop revs and cause issues.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #30
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Interesting. I'm about to pull the trigger on a tune. Might hold off and see what v2 is all about....
Hey Charlotte

They're definitely bullet proof and I would highly reccomend their tunes. I literally just ripped a co-workers V6 that they were installing their newest batch of tunes on and the car just rips!!!

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, I'm a PM away if you'd like to speak in private!

Quote:
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!!!

Just kidding. With a CAI and Tune I honestly only expected a 5-10 hp increase to be honest. Not sure how much my 3.31 gears will factor in.

I laughed very hard at this, thank you! The gains are going to be much better than that! Let me know if you didn't receive confirmation that they were sent from Bama and I'll see what's up!

You're going to love their tunes and I can't wait to hear your feedback on them!

Quote:
One thing I have noticed over two days is when cold the tune keeps the revs up to keep it from bucking. The old tune would drop revs and cause issues.
Hey Scott

That's awesome! I know for a fact that they we're paying really close attention to this. Bama's remap of throttle and spark maps drastically smooths out vehicle operation and eliminates the bucking. One of the performance features that they make increases torque output which will also change the deceleration characteristics - If anyone is unhappy with this for any reason Bama can have your tunes tweaked. These cars use a torque based deceleration logic in comparison to previous generation Mustang.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with and thanks again for your feedback!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #31
Kevin.Cook

AMAlex, good to know my humor is contagious

I have not heard back yet from Bama they are probably ripping their hair out right now trying to figure my tune out.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #32
Site Sponsor

Quote:
AMAlex, good to know my humor is contagious

I have not heard back yet from Bama they are probably ripping their hair out right now trying to figure my tune out.
Kevin,

Definitely! I'm working with Bama as we speak right now to see what's up! Hang in there we'll see what's going on!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #33
Kevin.Cook

Thanks Alex, i don't know if it is worth mentioning, but whatever is keeping my car from taking off after 2K RPM, could be what is also blocking it from me being able to shift to neutral, rev, and then shift back to drive. Unless I do little revs and keep it under 2K RPM. lol!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #34
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Alex, i don't know if it is worth mentioning, but whatever is keeping my car from taking off after 2K RPM, could be what is also blocking it from me being able to shift to neutral, rev, and then shift back to drive. Unless I do little revs and keep it under 2K RPM. lol!
Hey Kevin,

You have an automatic right??? Let me run down to Bama right now to put my head together with Paul and I'll see if he can reach out to you right now! Let me know if you're not hearing from him soon!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #35
Kevin.Cook

He did call but I was in a meeting at work D:

I will try to call him back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang