Getting antsy/worried about leaving my car at dealer for a week... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
yes! that's the video I was talking about. although I thought it was a gt?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Well, I wasn't worried before, but now I am!
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
They were just trying to find a non-existent problem

If you read it correctly you would know that they were trying to find something wrong. Apparently there was nothing they could find that the owner was complaining about.
They found nothing wrong and returned his Mustang back to him after blowing out the carbon. Ha! Ha!
The car must have been alright because we never heard anything else about it.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you read it correctly you would know that they were trying to find something wrong. Apparently there was nothing they could find that the owner was complaining about.
They found nothing wrong and returned his Mustang back to him after blowing out the carbon. Ha! Ha!
Ronnie
yeah, but them saying "i'm going to blow this engine and ride it in first gear" and having evidence of them stating their intentions, that's kinda BS. it should obviously never be a mechanics intention to ruin someones car.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 02-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
lol its not that I'm paranoid, it's that I simply don't trust anyone easily, especially when it comes to a car i purchased with my hard earned cash of over 20 grand lol. and after watching that video, I def don't trust what people would do with my car when I'm not there. I have to bring it Sunday so I don't think I've got time to get a dash cam. ford insists I bring it to the dealer and they'll take it to the body shop.

Jayochs, a reputable dealer has every incentive to return your car to you in the same condition in which you left it. It's safer with the dealer and shop than parked and driven for a week! Your concern is understandable, but set yourself some priorities for the time the car is away and concentrate on them.
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheval View Post
Jayochs, a reputable dealer has every incentive to return your car to you in the same condition in which you left it. It's safer with the dealer and shop than parked and driven for a week! Your concern is understandable, but set yourself some priorities for the time the car is away and concentrate on them.
thanks bud! i'll be at work all week anyway, doing my typical routine.

they say the week is the "maximum" for it, so like others have said, maybe it will only be two days. it's just a hood repaint, after all.

what type of care do i put into the car since the paint is brand new? i know i can't wash it for like a month or something..but what else? what if bird poop gets on it? what about snow?
Old 02-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #42
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I really don't think you need to worry

They were talking trash but I don't remember them hitting the rev limiter at all. I'm trying to find it again but can't remember how far back it was.

You are just getting your hood painted and not having them find a ticking problem in the engine so I would not really worry about it. I don't think they will run your car that hard. They would have to put ear plugs in their ears to run it wide open for any length of time because those ATAC'S will blow their eardrums out. If the police don't get them first.

Ronnie
Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They were talking trash but I don't remember them hitting the rev limiter at all. I'm trying to find it again but can't remember how far back it was.

You are just getting your hood painted and not having them find a ticking problem in the engine so I would not really worry about it. I don't think they will run your car that hard. They would have to put ear plugs in their ears to run it wide open for any length of time because those ATAC'S will blow their eardrums out. If the police don't get them first.

Ronnie
lmfao true

what happens if they got stopped in MY car for running it hard? does that screw me in any way insurance wise etc?
Old 02-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #44
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Heck "NO"

The Driver is always the one that gets the grief.
I was just kidding about them getting stopped.
Just drop the car and pick it up when done.
The dealer is fully insured and responsible.
Just do take everything out of the car though.
Ronnie
Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Driver is always the one that gets the grief.
I was just kidding about them getting stopped.
Just drop the car and pick it up when done.
The dealer is fully insured and responsible.
Just do take everything out of the car though.
Ronnie
sweet, thanks
Old 02-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
thanks bud! i'll be at work all week anyway, doing my typical routine.

they say the week is the "maximum" for it, so like others have said, maybe it will only be two days. it's just a hood repaint, after all.

what type of care do i put into the car since the paint is brand new? i know i can't wash it for like a month or something..but what else? what if bird poop gets on it? what about snow?
Correct, don't wash or wax fresh paint. The more sun it gets the better it can cure. You can rinse it off but that's about it.

The shop or dealer should give you care instructions as well. Above all, do NOT wipe on fresh paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Correct, don't wash or wax fresh paint. The more sun it gets the better it can cure. You can rinse it off but that's about it.

The shop or dealer should give you care instructions as well. Above all, do NOT wipe on fresh paint.

What if bird crap gets on it?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
What if bird crap gets on it?
yeah that's my main concern. birds are magnetized to my car for some reason, even when i don't park under trees! if you're lucky you can just use a spray bottle of water and it comes off, but if it's hardened up or it's berries, what do you do?
Old 02-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah that's my main concern. birds are magnetized to my car for some reason, even when i don't park under trees! if you're lucky you can just use a spray bottle of water and it comes off, but if it's hardened up or it's berries, what do you do?
Mine too bro. I think Red attracts them with a giant magnet or something. Not sure about hardened.

What worries me is taking it to college. I will probably be getting a full repaint during spring break.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a good thread to look over:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...cifically.html

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 02-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Here's a good thread to look over:

How do I care for a newly painted car...bird poop specifically! - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

thanks! seems like you might just be SOL if a bird craps on your new paint unless you get to it right away.

problem is, when i'm at work all day, i can't keep going outside checking on my car, so whatever bird poop is on it, it'll be there for like 8 hours before i can get to it. sucks.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks! seems like you might just be SOL if a bird craps on your new paint unless you get to it right away.

problem is, when i'm at work all day, i can't keep going outside checking on my car, so whatever bird poop is on it, it'll be there for like 8 hours before i can get to it. sucks.
Yeah bird poop is very corrosive. What you need is an Office Falcon. That'll end your pigeon problem haha

Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
JAYOCHS, you must have not read the posting for new members in Mustang Evolution. You don't ever say anything derogatory about Ford Dealerships on here. They have people on all the internet sites just looking for someone "Busting their Testicles."

You will be lucky now if you don't get all the tires run bald and your engine is blown up. Hope no one from the dealership you are going to, read your post.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie

Actually the dealer offered to buy his vehicle from him and find a suitable replacement.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
JAYOCHS, you must have not read the posting for new members in Mustang Evolution. You don't ever say anything derogatory about Ford Dealerships on here. They have people on all the internet sites just looking for someone "Busting their Testicles."

You will be lucky now if you don't get all the tires run bald and your engine is blown up. Hope no one from the dealership you are going to, read your post.

GOOD LUCK!
lol wut.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

wellp, dropped her off today for tomorrow's appointment. reset my trip odometer, took pics of the mileage, took some pics of the car etc. of course it snowed last night so their lot was snowy as hell..had to plow through some of it! here's hoping for a quick turn around time.

there she is, chillin, gettin ready to go. go figure, i washed her yesterday afternoon before the snow too lol
Old 02-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Don't leave it ever

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
hansford1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansford1333 View Post
Don't leave it ever

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
lol oh no? so never get repair work done?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Last i heard the 'oil change' Techs like to pick up High School girls and take them out for lunch in Mustangs, so look for french fries under the front seats. Just trying to ease your mind
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Last i heard the 'oil change' Techs like to pick up High School girls and take them out for lunch in Mustangs, so look for french fries under the front seats. Just trying to ease your mind
lol i would never bring it to the dealer for an oil change though lol gotta do it myself!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I would worry to. I put too much money into my car to have random fools joy riding in it. I'd be like I'll drive it to the shop and pick it up from the shop. Meet me there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #62
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I sure hope it's not to cold when they paint your hood.

The spray cans just don't seem to work like they should in very cold weather.

Don't forget to give us all the details when you get your Mustang back.
Ronnie
Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
The spray cans just don't seem to work like they should in very cold weather.

Don't forget to give us all the details when you get your Mustang back.
Ronnie
They use nail polish for touch ups on my side of town.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I used to be the same way... before my mustang I had a corvette, and one time when picking my car up the mechanic commented on how nice it drove. Apparently he drove it to the store and back (instead of his own car). Needless to say I wasn't happy...

But I've since learned life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Try to let it go... its just a car.

I find it also helps to stick with reputable shops with people you trust. Sometimes that requires paying extra.

Worse case scenario... these cars are meant to be driven and I'm sure your car can handle it.
Edd2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I miss my car.. just sayin. 😔 lol its Wednesday and no call yet. looks like they'll have it for the full week I suppose.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #66
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
would it be wrong to point out it's only a V6 so it ain't worth beating on?

poor impulse control
Old 02-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
This is a true story, I have neighbor and still am who works at the dealership and he is a manager in sales. One day I asked him you got a lot of nice rides in your driveway are you hiring at your place jokingly asking, at that time I didn't know he works at the dealership, he told me Oh those are from my customers.. I just look at him blank and didn't know what to say cos I'll be mad if he drives my car from work and use it as his personal car.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
This is a true story, I have neighbor and still am who works at the dealership and he is a manager in sales. One day I asked him you got a lot of nice rides in your driveway are you hiring at your place jokingly asking, at that time I didn't know he works at the dealership, he told me Oh those are from my customers.. I just look at him blank and didn't know what to say cos I'll be mad if he drives my car from work and use it as his personal car.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
That's why I always reset the trip meter when I get to the dealership.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Getting antsy/worried about leaving my car at dealer for a week...

Having worked at a dealer, in service, I can confirm shenanigans can happen. Resetting your milage is an indicator of actual road use, but I can confirm the don't even need to leave the lot to have fun/do damage.

This was almost 20 years ago, a customer brought in a Supercharged ram 1500. One of the techs sat in the lot and roasted the tires and causing pretty substantial motor damage. This was actually pretty common with GTs, corvettes, vipers, turbo diesels really anything "performance". There is nothing you can do except hope you get a good shop that has weeded out this type of behavior.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Well, the 13/14 automatic Mustangs can't do burnouts stock, so I basically only have to worry about them hooning it in the road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang