Getting antsy/worried about leaving my car at dealer for a week... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #71

Region: Illinois
The bottomline (especially with dealerships)...
-
---
"Everyone is your best friend, until something goes wrong!"
-
-

"jayochs"...you're not paranoid, just cautious.
SeaSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
help me put my mind at ease, mustang brothers! so i just installed my ATAK's and i love it, and then sunday night i have to drop off my mustang to the dealer for my hood repaint....boo!!

so, i'm dropping it off, and then the dealer is driving it to their body shop, and the body shop will have it for a week to repaint it. does anyone else get super worried like i'm feeling right now that whoever drives it between the two places will drive like a moron, or doesn't know how to drive stick and burns my clutch up!?!? i'm getting super antsy. and i don't want them trying to blast it now because it's loud with the new exhaust and whatnot. i mean, you naturally assume people with these jobs would respect their job and customers enough to be curteous and kind to the vehicles, but ever since i saw that video of those two ******* ford mechanics purposely driving the guys mustang in 1st to try to blow the engine (their own words, captured by his dash cam), i'm super worried about anyone else ever driving my car.

my first instincts are to take note of mileage in the car when i drop it off at ford, and then i'll map out the routes from there to the auto body shop and back etc and compare. i'm also going to reset my trip odometer so that if i get it back and it's at like 6mpg, i'll know they were ripping on it..and if it's reset, i'll 100% question that. i just really don't trust anybody with anything, to be honest lol

anyone wanna help put my mind at ease?!?! this is my first new car! haha
I feel the same way. There are just a few people that have ever driven my car besides me. I guess you will just have to trust their judgment.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
well, here's hoping the positive reviews i've seen for the body shop and for this dealer by me are true! maybe tomorrow they'll call...lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #74
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
well, here's hoping the positive reviews i've seen for the body shop and for this dealer by me are true! maybe tomorrow they'll call...lol
Can't be worse than my 3 day header install lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

called to see what's up today, and to ask if I should cancel my Monday appt for the water sloshing issue since it'll probably freeze and they won't be able to hear it... talked with my service manager who's been really nice, and she said the body shop isn't returning the car until 6ish tomorrow night. she said the best plan would be to just hold it over the weekend in their garage so that whatever is frozen will thaw, and then first thing Monday morning the water leak guy can check it out as the first appointment. I was thinking of canceling the Monday appt since it's gonna be cold, to make an appt when it's warmer, but she advised against it only because once it starts getting warm, all the people who begin to hear leaking start making appointments, and it'll take forever to reschedule. on top of it she said she just got another call today of a woman with a Mustang with the same issue as me, and these are the first 2 she's seen with this issue there... so we'll see. hopefully Monday they'll see the issue, Ford okays some kind of re-seal on the seam, and I'll get it back Monday afternoon or Tuesday. they were quick to respond about my hood repaint (10 minutes) so hopefully they'll be quick again.

I'm still uneasy about it being there, but she says it definitely will not be parked outside, and it will be parked in their garage all weekend so hopefully that'll help put my mind at ease a bit... and they better not reset that odometer. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 02-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
called to see what's up today, and to ask if I should cancel my Monday appt for the water sloshing issue since it'll probably freeze and they won't be able to hear it... talked with my service manager who's been really nice, and she said the body shop isn't returning the car until 6ish tomorrow night. she said the best plan would be to just hold it over the weekend in their garage so that whatever is frozen will thaw, and then first thing Monday morning the water leak guy can check it out as the first appointment. I was thinking of canceling the Monday appt since it's gonna be cold, to make an appt when it's warmer, but she advised against it only because once it starts getting warm, all the people who begin to hear leaking start making appointments, and it'll take forever to reschedule. on top of it she said she just got another call today of a woman with a Mustang with the same issue as me, and these are the first 2 she's seen with this issue there... so we'll see. hopefully Monday they'll see the issue, Ford okays some kind of re-seal on the seam, and I'll get it back Monday afternoon or Tuesday. they were quick to respond about my hood repaint (10 minutes) so hopefully they'll be quick again.

I'm still uneasy about it being there, but she says it definitely will not be parked outside, and it will be parked in their garage all weekend so hopefully that'll help put my mind at ease a bit... and they better not reset that odometer. lol

I work at a tire shop and we do oil changes also. Some guys there think you reset the oil light the same way in all cars, so they hold the reset button or push anything to try and get it. There's also that one guy that will do it trying to see if there are any other warnings. Hopefully they don't mess with your trips

Katy Texas
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

I mean, they shouldn't be touching the oil whatsoever. I just changed it like 3 months ago. I'm not in there for anything to do with an oil change, so i don't want them touching it lol

Old 02-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

well, got my car back today Monday 2/23/15.

I dropped it off Sunday evening, 2/15/15.

they weren't kidding about it taking a week.

the plan was a "week" to paint the hood, i'd have it back Friday night so I could have it for the weekend. then, monday i'd bring it in for the water sloshing issue.

so friday she calls and says they'll be dropping it off from the body shop and then she suggested they just hold it for the weekend in their garage bc the temps were freezing, and if the water inside the panel iced up, they couldn't diagnose. so she said they could keep it stored for the weekend and thaw it out, and first thing monday morning, the leaks guy was gonna check it out and she'd call me around 12 (when i'm on lunch at work) and tell me whats up, and hopefully that i could pick it up.

so i'm anxious bc i didn't have a car all weekend so i stayed in and it was boring as hell. so it's monday, i'm on lunch, waiting for a call. no call. 12:45 comes around, i call the dealer, and she tells me that the body shop hasn't finished yet and they'll be delivering it today. WHAT?!?! it took the body shop 6 full business days TO PAINT A HOOD?! REALLY?!

so at this point i'm pissed. i'm like, look, i'm going to reschedule this water issue for when it's warmer. it's supposed to freeze again tonight, and i'm not dealing with not having my car for another week, so i'm picking it up tonight.

so i picked it up after work and i'll re-schedule the appointment for the summer sometime. the hood looked good from what i could see at 5:30pm, but i did somewhat notice on the lip on the other side that it's a bit bumpy, so now i'm somewhat pissed if they just created a bubbling issue from a re-paint.
hard to see in this pic, but i took this in the dealer parking lot. not sure what to make of it, and if i want to even bother telling them of this since it'll probably take yet another damn week without a car for them to fix it!

hard to see, but notice it looks a bit rough in the middle area of the pic? it wasn't like that before they painted it.

either way, i'm going to re-schedule my water issue appointment for the summer, and i might look into going to another dealer. i'm sorry, but them having my car for 8 full days just to paint a hood is pretty ridiculous, considering people here said they got theirs repainted in 2. time to find another dealer perhaps.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
That's why I never go to the dealer they always f*** up something on the car...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang