Jlt oil catch can - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Jlt oil catch can

I bought mine not to long ago but I've heard that they aren't very effective and some people have found metal shards in the bottom of the catch can, that came from the filter. Has anyone on here experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
No

Works as described

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mine catches a bunch of oil. So, it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I've had my JLT on my 2011 since 2010. I've read the new JLT's are better than the old ones. My old one catches a lot of oil so 'thats good enough for me'
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Absolutely "NO" problem here.

My Jlt has been on for about a year now and catches oil with no problems at all. I check it about every 1,000 miles and it is usually about half full. I like it and I don't find any oil on the output hose at all. That means it must be working "OK"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post
I bought mine not to long ago but I've heard that they aren't very effective and some people have found metal shards in the bottom of the catch can, that came from the filter. Has anyone on here experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
If anyone ever found "metal shards in the bottom of the catch can, that came from the filter.", they've got bigger issues than whether or not the catch can is effective or not. For myself, I've had mine on for 1-1/2 years with absolutely no issues. Works as advertised and helps keep the inside of my engine clean
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have found mine works great.
not only does it keep oil from entering into the intake.bit it will make more power as well.
If you have oil going into your air fuel mixture it knocks down your octane rating and creates spark knock which in turn reduces power since your car will ****** the timing.
Yes they work.

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
AcmeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 PM   #8
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: North Carolina
I've had mine for 6 months, nothing but oil in it that I can see, and I check it every time.
I'll get another one for my next car.
twk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang