ZombieFro's The Little Sixxer That Could. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
ZombieFro's The Little Sixxer That Could.

I didn't see any other section to post something like this, please move if there is.

Well I figured I might as well start documentation right now, here we go.
This is my 2011 V6 Ford Mustang, I bought it used for 16k basic nothing fancy.

After having the car through winter, summer rolled in and of course I was getting the itch. Needless to say I jumped in feet first and got Longtube Headers, offroad mid-pipe and axleback exhaust. I did buy everything secondhand so it wasnt the cleanest lookin, but I did get a solid price for all 3 parts.

Then shortly after that, I had tons of plasti-dip laying around for my previous car, I was going to plasti-dip matte black, I open it up...it's all white, they must have messed up the order and it was far too long ago to do anything about it, so **** it the car got sprayed matte white for some fun.

After awhile I got bored of the white, it wasn't coated well enough (if I knew it was white and not black I would've gotten more gallons) So I peeled it off and had the car all blacked out with headlights,tail lights, and shoes.

Things where going well and I was just enjoying my car, until some ****er decided they would key it (in our community lot) had to be someone that lives around here...I was more than upset to say the least.

I mean, these cunts took there time. So I was pretty heartbroken about that, since life was looking down because I was unemployed and really just struggling to pay my car note things where getting really tough...

Fast forward a few months into winter, I was lucky to find a job and had been working there for maybe 3 weeks and things are starting to pick up... **** MY LIFE car accident.

Thankfully she wasn't totalled, no airbags or any suspension or frame damage. So now this is how she sits today!

The keying got fixed on the passenger side due to the accident, it still needs to be fixed on the driver side though.

I am lucky to say as of now I have still been working hard at my new job and it looks like they will be hiring me full on (from the employment agency) and I have been setting up payments to take care of all my past debt, from being unemployed I could only afford my car note, insurance and phone bill...barely. Now that I've been working things have been looking great.

Moving forward I have weighed two options, get a 2013/14 5.0 mustang, or keep the V6 Mustang and fully customize it and turbo. I am leaning more towards keeping the V6. Financially it will be a better decision and I like different.

My build list consists of-

Performance:
LPF or BomberKit Turbo
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
3.55 Ford Racing Gears (someone chime in I heard this is what u want for FI)

Suspension:
Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit(front and rear)
SR Performance Double Adjustable Panhard Bar
H&R Super Sport Springs
BBK Rear Upper & Lower Control Arm kit
Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts
Ford Racing GT500 Strut Mounts
SR Performance Strut Tower Brace

Appearance/Misc. :
Modern Billet Black Retro Grille Combo (pony delete)
RTR Decklid
Raxiom Smoke Projector Headlights Halo
MMD 551C Charcoal Wheels
Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauge
Dual Gauge Pillar Pod
Aeroforce Oil Pressure sensor
MMD Hood Struts

Please feel free to chime in on any opinions recommendations on build or anything at all! Anything is welcomed even the hateful comments.
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #2

Region: Alabama
How hard was it to install those headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Otroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

My heart goes out to you for enduring the tragic events. If you can pull off completing your FI build and get a tune, you would demolish most stock to lightly modded GTs (unless they are supercharged or have a crazy setup). Also what you need to remember, a GT can bring higher payments in some cases and possibly higher insurance payments. It all depends. Every person's situation is different.

That being said, you would then have less money to mod the GT. Although a GT doesn't need thousands of dollars dumped into it to become a top competitor on most local streets. They come stock with a good amount of power.

Now for me, I would get a 5.0 if funds allowed. Because building up a 5.0 is considered safe power as it's a bigger engine designed for more power. With a 13/14 you would get alot of the cool features that are highly desired. Such as the black decklid, rear tail lights, front HID lights. 13/14 GTs come with the decent looking hoodvents (i am getting these installed on my v6). And if you get a newer GT with the track pack, you get the brembo brakes. And as anyone would assume, you get the 5.0 engine and the v8 exhaust rumble.

Definitely research if the perks of a 5.0 outweigh the cons. Both as far as the appearence/performance, as well as financial.

All we can do is give opinions, but you are the one that pulls the trigger to make the decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
looks good man! that keying is such bull****. they're just jealous and haters bc you had a nice car and they probably had some pos civic. some people in this world are just bitter that others are better off and have to bring others down to their pathetic level.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
hansford1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This is just my advice but I would hold off on doing any mods to your current car until you know your hired on full time. Also wait until your probationary period is over once you get hired. Take care of that debt, I know it sucks to wait but you'll have less money going towards old bills and more towards your car. Then you can decide to gupgrade current car or get the 5.0. Best of luck.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
My heart goes out to you for enduring the tragic events. If you can pull off completing your FI build and get a tune, you would demolish most stock to lightly modded GTs (unless they are supercharged or have a crazy setup). Also what you need to remember, a GT can bring higher payments in some cases and possibly higher insurance payments. It all depends. Every person's situation is different.

That being said, you would then have less money to mod the GT. Although a GT doesn't need thousands of dollars dumped into it to become a top competitor on most local streets. They come stock with a good amount of power.

Now for me, I would get a 5.0 if funds allowed. Because building up a 5.0 is considered safe power as it's a bigger engine designed for more power. With a 13/14 you would get alot of the cool features that are highly desired. Such as the black decklid, rear tail lights, front HID lights. 13/14 GTs come with the decent looking hoodvents (i am getting these installed on my v6). And if you get a newer GT with the track pack, you get the brembo brakes. And as anyone would assume, you get the 5.0 engine and the v8 exhaust rumble.

Definitely research if the perks of a 5.0 outweigh the cons. Both as far as the appearence/performance, as well as financial.

All we can do is give opinions, but you are the one that pulls the trigger to make the decision.

Thank you! Your words are very appreciated, I have calculated a lot of the differences between the V6 and GT and overall I would be satisfied having a turbo'd V6, for financial reasons I think it would still be cheaper because even if I did a 15k down payment on a GT My payments would still roughly be what the V6 is now

My insurance would go up a noticeable amount being I'm under 25 and finally gas would go up as well, I would most likely be paying 800+ monthly for that GT... (I would want a GHIG GT which isn't easy to find in my area )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
This is just my advice but I would hold off on doing any mods to your current car until you know your hired on full time. Also wait until your probationary period is over once you get hired. Take care of that debt, I know it sucks to wait but you'll have less money going towards old bills and more towards your car. Then you can decide to gupgrade current car or get the 5.0. Best of luck.
That is definitely the plan man! I appreciate the words of wisdom here, I plan on saving all through summer, and come around next winter is when I'll be making the big moves with the car, So I'm sure most will have forgotten about this post by then, but I plan on doing everything at once, not piecing it together, I've done that before and it's not a fun time.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Changed a little to the build list, It will be a little bit before I commit to anything, but I would love every ones feedback, opinions, recommendations.

I decided to change up the suspension game mostly, and ditch louvers, I've heard good things about whiteline and decided to go full out on their suspension offered.

My build list consists of-

Performance:
LPF or BomberKit Turbo
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
3.55 Ford Racing Gears (someone chime in I heard this is what u want for FI)

Suspension:
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Bar
Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
H&R Super Sport Springs
Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts
Ford Racing GT500 Strut Mounts
SR Performance Strut Tower Brace

Appearance/Misc. :
Modern Billet Black Retro Grille Combo (pony delete)
RTR Decklid
Raxiom Smoke Projector Headlights Halo
MMD 551C Charcoal Wheels
Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauge
Dual Gauge Pillar Pod
Aeroforce Oil Pressure sensor
MMD Hood Struts
Old 02-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Looks good. With FI you could benefit a tad from a bigger throttle body and headers. If you go FI, I would say stick with 3.31s or 3.55s. If you go too high, your car won't stay in it's powerband for long.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

You don't wanna add a chin splitter for downforce?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Looks good. With FI you could benefit a tad from a bigger throttle body and headers. If you go FI, I would say stick with 3.31s or 3.55s. If you go too high, your car won't stay in it's powerband for long.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

You don't wanna add a chin splitter for downforce?

I agree with the lower gears, theres not too many chin splitters for the sixxers :c
Old 02-21-2015, 12:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiefro View Post
Thank you! Your words are very appreciated, I have calculated a lot of the differences between the V6 and GT and overall I would be satisfied having a turbo'd V6, for financial reasons I think it would still be cheaper because even if I did a 15k down payment on a GT My payments would still roughly be what the V6 is now

My insurance would go up a noticeable amount being I'm under 25 and finally gas would go up as well, I would most likely be paying 800+ monthly for that GT... (I would want a GHIG GT which isn't easy to find in my area )

That is definitely the plan man! I appreciate the words of wisdom here, I plan on saving all through summer, and come around next winter is when I'll be making the big moves with the car, So I'm sure most will have forgotten about this post by then, but I plan on doing everything at once, not piecing it together, I've done that before and it's not a fun time.
You realize that there are plenty of low mile GT's for 20K and under, right? Insurance may or may not kill you, mine went down from the 4X4 Frontier I was driving before.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I agree with the lower gears, theres not too many chin splitters for the sixxers :c
GT front bumper swap, boss 302 splitter

That's what I did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424534748761.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	175813  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
dam i hate when they key ur car. some people are just jealous a week after i got my 2014 it got keyed in a town i was not even from so it was some random jealous person. eats me up that some one can get a 15 second rush and it cost us thousands to fix sorry to hear it happened to u too
Old 02-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
You realize that there are plenty of low mile GT's for 20K and under, right? Insurance may or may not kill you, mine went down from the 4X4 Frontier I was driving before.
Everywhere I look 13/14 GHIG GT's are still 26k or up.

And alrefire I was considering doing that, How much did u get your GT bumper for? If it's reasonable I'll just ditch the grill on the build list and get the GT bumper
Old 02-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Everywhere I look 13/14 GHIG GT's are still 26k or up.

And alrefire I was considering doing that, How much did u get your GT bumper for? If it's reasonable I'll just ditch the grill on the build list and get the GT bumper
cheapest v8 i saw 2013-14 was 22000 and then mine for 24999 b4 interest.but mine only had 7000 the other was close to 50xxx

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang