V6 Grill To GT Grill With Raxiom Fogs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
V6 Grill To GT Grill With Raxiom Fogs

I had them on my GT and loved them. It got totaled so now I need to buy again. I have a 2013 V6 but I am confused on exactly how to install. I can just pull my v6 grill off without taking off the bumper and then put a GT grill on and then install the fog lights? Then wire them to what? Is this correct? Because I do not have the right tools to take the entire bumper off but I also do not think that is necessary. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
I had them on my GT and loved them. It got totaled so now I need to buy again. I have a 2013 V6 but I am confused on exactly how to install. I can just pull my v6 grill off without taking off the bumper and then put a GT grill on and then install the fog lights? Then wire them to what? Is this correct? Because I do not have the right tools to take the entire bumper off but I also do not think that is necessary. Thank you!

if your v6 doesn't have any of the harnesses or anything setup, you have to run all the wiring, which is kinda why i didn't wanna bother with it bc it seems like such a hassle.

but i do remember reading you can just pop out the grille insert and install the new one. i think you have to remove that chrome trim though. i remember someone saying that once.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You just need a ratchet with size 10 and 7 or 8, a flat head or panel popper or what ever that thing is called for the push tabs lol

Katy Texas
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I put the GT grille and the Raxiom fogs in my sixer. I can't imagine how I would have ever done it without taking the bumper off, which really isn't that bad. Good to have two people though. Best advice I could give you is to look at the instructions at American Muscle or Starkey. The detailed instructions will give you a better idea of why the best way to replace the grille is with the bumper off.

Just my two cents. With car surgery as costly and directly affecting appearance, the is no room for lazy shortcuts.

sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know it is much easier but the problem is that I'm in college 500 miles from home. My dad used to help me with everything and he had all of the right tools. Here I am very limited, doing most work on the top of my parking garage lol but alright I guess I will do some more research. Wouldint I just need to wire the halos to let's say my LED running lights? I don't need the actual fog lights to work either.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You can wire them into the side marker lights, just splice them in as directed. You will face 2 issues you have to figure out a way to overcome though:
1. The marker wires are way over on the side and it's going to be very difficult to do everything you need to do working through the open grille.
2. Then you're going to have to mount the lights from the opposite side so you'll be screwing them in towards you then you mount the wiring bezels underneath the bumper support.

Bro, I promise you it would be WAY easier to rent a wrench with a 10 & 7, as mentioned above, and make some pledges bring you their blankets to sit it on so you don't scratch the paint then to the top of that parking garage and take the front bumper off, it seriously takes 20 minutes to get it off then splice the wires, make sure they are all secured, CHECK THEM TO MAKE SURE THEY WORK BEFORE REINSTALLING YOUR BUMPER, that step is key. But it should be a cake walk man. Mine was. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424057046.760569.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	175510
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Alright guys thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang