Tune interfering with swapped cluster - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Tune interfering with swapped cluster

So after loading the race tune, I took the car out to a secluded area for a 0-60 time. Now I have done this before in the past without the Tune so I know Track Apps worked. However, I noticed that after Track Apps collected the data for 0-60, the times were blank. Nothing was saving. I even did a 2nd run just to be sure.

Now some history, I swapped my Base cluster with a Premium on my 2014 to get the cool features. I used the VCM tool to dial in the AS Built codes to get everything working. I am going to redial in the AS Built codes later today but just wanted to see if anyone else has come across this?

I hope I don't have to worry about the AS built codes/swapped cluster and tune interfering with each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Maybe loading with the AS built codes changed the stratgey code or perhaps the computer code? I'd talk to your tuner and explain exactly what you did.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Kevin,

Sorry to hear about the to ruble you're having with the swap! I don't believe that this is tune related and I wanted to ask if it was operational in stock form?

Let me know how else I can help out!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Alex: I am going to reapply the Stock tune this weekend and check. Thanks for that idea.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Alex: I am going to reapply the Stock tune this weekend and check. Thanks for that idea.

Anytime Kevin! Just a little trial and error! I know this all too well, managed to electrocute myself pretty good the other night "trying" to set up some lights on my friends trailer! I'm sure it will sort itself out but if you're stuck in between a rock and a hard place I might just shoot a ford tech a call for a second opinion. Based on where you're currently at I'm sure it's a really simple fix and I definitely know that you're mechanically inclined!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Anytime Kevin! Just a little trial and error! I know this all too well, managed to electrocute myself pretty good the other night "trying" to set up some lights on my friends trailer! I'm sure it will sort itself out but if you're stuck in between a rock and a hard place I might just shoot a ford tech a call for a second opinion. Based on where you're currently at I'm sure it's a really simple fix and I definitely know that you're mechanically inclined!

Alex

Oh man! Sounds scary.

I love DIY jobs because with the money I could have used for labor, I can easily apply it to another part. Plus I feel with the right tools, anything can be done with a little elbow grease.

Should be getting my GT hood vents, hood struts, GT Brembo wheels, and BBK 73 MM throttle body installed this week. Paired with the rest of the stuff I added, definitely gonna be one sweet V6.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang