About To Pull Trigger On CDC Grill - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
The other company is Cervinis and the upper and lower grilles just became available. Both come with the grille mesh.

The upper is $189.99 and the lower is $139.99, if you order both you get a 10% discount.

Upper Grille:
Mustang GT Grilles, 13-14 Mustang GT500 style upper grille - Cervini's

Lower Grille:
Mustang GT Grilles, 13-14 Mustang GT500 style upper grille - Cervini's

I think this is what I'll be doing soon.

Wow I think that's a better deal than the cdc grille.. And they include a mesh

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I emailed cervinis asking if they also made a "badge adapter" like cdc's instructions say come with theirs.. so you could still add a badge to the side. I also asked if they had a pdf of their official install instructions. if i get a response, I'll post em

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Please do! I emailed them as well to get more info on the lower grille (very interested in pairing this with my CDC). I wasn't able to find a satisfactory bracket for my badge (I opted to go for the pony without the tri-bar) so I was able to rig up a brace with a small corner brace and some screws. It hasn't slipped so far!
Pretzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
Please do! I emailed them as well to get more info on the lower grille (very interested in pairing this with my CDC). I wasn't able to find a satisfactory bracket for my badge (I opted to go for the pony without the tri-bar) so I was able to rig up a brace with a small corner brace and some screws. It hasn't slipped so far!
could you show a pic?

kelly from cervinis sent me their installation instructions, but told me they don't make a badge bracket

their installation instructions show you have to install the mesh yourself. i figured it shipped with it. that's annoying.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

I'll see what I can do. I actually haven't uncovered my car yet from its winter hibernation, and I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I received the lower install instructions today too, although it didn't mention anything about having to install the mesh. I placed an order for the lower grille today! I'm excited, this will be my first spring mod, but I'm trying not to get myself too psyched, as I might get it and it not look good with the CDC at all. The install looks much more simple than the Roush lower delete though (no cutting required), and since my car is black, no painting (according to the instructions)

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

I'm wondering if I should just get the cdc then so I can buy it through American muscle, and they've got a badge bracket on their whereas cervinis doesn't. if only they had mesh for the cdc too.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #112
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
You could always do your own mesh if you had to have the CDC

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271582728695
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
You could always do your own mesh if you had to have the CDC

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271582728695
Also, Mesh Grill Kit for 13-14 Ford Mustang GT500 - customcargrills.com

I was hoping to have the grilles installed this weekend, but there was a typo when I submitted my order so it didn't get shipped till Friday.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Ok... My upper grille came in on Friday....Somehow the lower grille was already on back order, even though it showed 25 in stock.... oh well...

For those that went with the Cervinis upper grille.. I have LOT'S of installation tips! It will save you a lot of headache... Took me about 4 hours to install today. HAHA.

I took some pics during installation... will post up in the next few days with tips... too tired now...
Old 03-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

def post them. did you just rip the grille off and install it, or take the whole bumper off?

Old 03-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

About To Pull Trigger On CDC Grill

I ripped my grille off. Much easier. Takes 2min, then cut off those 3 pillars and install the new grille.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, the grille rips off. However, the Cervinis piece and the CDC piece differ greatly in how they are fastened to the vehicle.

The CDC piece clips in place using the factory clips. The Cervinis piece must be screwed in. The Cervinis piece does have tabs to slot in some of the factory slots, but they don't clip... they appear to be for support, not for mounting.

The screens you see in the photos are 3 separate pieces. 2 for the triangle corner pieces and one for the center piece.
They fasten in place with multiple screws and are quite secure.

If the center screen appears not to line up correctly, you may have it upside down or backwards. Try another orientation.

The installation instructions call for removal of the front bumper. I didn't want to go through that hassle, but in all honestly it probably would have been quicker, better secured. This is because there is no way to install screws on the left and right side of the grille without taking off the whole front assembly. HHHmmmmm... now that I think about it.. it's possibly you would come up through the underneath.... but it would be extremely difficult.

Once you rip off the stock grille (make sure you taped off the bumper first) you will have to cut out the factory fog lights. I didn't have a straight edge hack saw so I used a pair of shears. It was a little tricky to get the shears in there at the correct angles to cut through the plastic, but I managed.

VERY IMPORTANT!

Do NOT cut out the middle bar completely as this will be your mounting point for the screws. You need to drill a hole for the screws. If you look closely, you will be able to see some black circles already on the bar.. you want to drill in the center of those. The bottom one I nailed the first time... the top one I ended up having to go back and drill another hole a little bit further up.

I also opted to use washers with locking washers (it does not come these, you must supply them) because the screws will not go deep enough in the mold to be flush with the mounting points.

I also added some thick foam weather stripping to the left and right of center, and also on the far left and right points. (not in the pics) This ensure everything fits nice and snug with no wobble. (if you take the front bumper off, you will be able to mount all 4 screws and there will be no wobble at all)

You won't be able to fit a screw driver in there to fasten the top screw... not even one of those stubby screwdrivers would fit.

I was using a pair of pliers to "rotate" the screw into play. It was very difficult as the screw requires quite a bit of force.

My wife had the idea to use a screw bit with a wrench and that worked great! Use your finger to apply force and rotate with the wrench.

Prepare to drop the bit a lot... that's where the magnetic wand comes in to fish it out of the underneath side. (remember, it's sealed under there)

The bottom screw has enough room between the mounting point and AC condenser you can use a stubby screw driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	178645   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	178646  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	178647   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	178648  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	178649   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	178651  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	178658  
Old 03-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
K1Dblitz, Is the Cervinis quality and appearance worth the extra install hassle over the CDC? In the advertisement pics, the Cervinis looks beefier some how and I like the idea of the mesh that comes with it. Also, when you say don't cut out the middle bar completely, how do you cut it exactly? I don't want to be able to see that center bar through the open grill.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the write up! but oy i'm way too lazy for all that work. i just wanted to pop something in damnit hahah
Old 03-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

CDC is pretty much a pop in

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 03-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
K1Dblitz, Is the Cervinis quality and appearance worth the extra install hassle over the CDC? In the advertisement pics, the Cervinis looks beefier some how and I like the idea of the mesh that comes with it. Also, when you say don't cut out the middle bar completely, how do you cut it exactly? I don't want to be able to see that center bar through the open grill.
It's definitely a quality piece. Once it is in installed there is no ripping it out like the stock grille or CDC grille because it's screwed in from the other side.

I can't directly compare quality to the CDC as I haven't seen one in person.

The mesh is definitely a nice edition. I was looking at the CDC design and I can kind of see why they didn't include a mesh over the center area because of the lip that covers hood latch mechanism.

You won't be able to see the center bar through the grill.
Before Cut:

After Cut and Drilled:

I used a pair of shears to cut the plastic... I think these might even be gardening shears. Regardless, they did the job.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

...and here are a few pics I snapped when I arrived at work this morning.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great! I'm really hoping the lower portion of this grille matches up with my CDC...
Old 03-30-2015, 08:17 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Okay guys I got the CDC and it looks great. I went ahead and painted the radiator black too like I've seen recommended and it all goes together nicely. But does anyone have any suggestions for the lower grill? The honeycomb look doesn't pull together at all, and the only one I found on AM was the gt500 one which is kinda pricy for just the Lowe grill on my v6...

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone
MikeMcDema05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Get the cervinis lower grille. That is the only one that currently matches.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #126
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
I have the Roush lower grille - black billet:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I have the Roush lower grille - black billet:

Looks really clean. I like that

Old 04-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Happy Easter everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and show off my newly installed Cervini lower grille paired with the CDC upper. I really like it! Install was pretty simple (except having to remove the bumper). Probably took about an hour overall. I did add a couple of extra screws of my own to secure the mesh (4 are included), but now I'm confident it's not going anywhere

Please excuse the dirty car, this weekend the rain has finally let up here. Also, it is sitting on a spare tire, in case anyone was wondering. There was a "mishap" (unrelated to the install) this weekend, and long story short, I get a new tire on Wednesday
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8856.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	536.3 KB
ID:	179143   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8857.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	179144  

Old 04-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #129
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I really like your set up and that running horse looks great. Nicely done
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
Happy Easter everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and show off my newly installed Cervini lower grille paired with the CDC upper. I really like it! Install was pretty simple (except having to remove the bumper). Probably took about an hour overall. I did add a couple of extra screws of my own to secure the mesh (4 are included), but now I'm confident it's not going anywhere

Please excuse the dirty car, this weekend the rain has finally let up here. Also, it is sitting on a spare tire, in case anyone was wondering. There was a "mishap" (unrelated to the install) this weekend, and long story short, I get a new tire on Wednesday

I'm just sad for you. Your state had to ruin an absolute beauty of a front end. Sort of like a zit on a super model. . But seriously thanks for the post I've been wanting to see the combo together.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Hah! I know right? But as you can see, I decided to make the best of it
Old 04-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

So I finished installing the lower grille about an hour ago. It's possible to do without taking the bumper off.

The front of the car needs to be on jackstands to get underneath it though.

The stock lower grille was a bit of a pain in the but to remove... but that's because I wasn't quite sure how those tabs were holding it on and I didn't want to break anything.

Unlike the upper grille, you will be able to get all the mounting screws installed without taking the bumper off - but it will require you to "use the force" to find some of the mounting holes.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Pics!
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

as good as all of your guys' grilles look, i think i've found a new found love for my stock grille and chrome insert. after my failed plastidip attempt, i've just begun to like what i have. honestly, at this point, the only grille i'd get would be the 5.0 grille with the foglights in it, but there's no way i'm gonna bother with that wiring lol
Old 04-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I just ordered the lower from cervinis, I need to see about putting some backing on the cdc though. The cervinis one they offer is the same price and has something between behind the grill not leaving everything exposed, really kicking myself for not getting that one.

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone
MikeMcDema05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
i like it! will probably add this in the future
Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Before pic - Cervini's Upper / Stock Lower

After Pic - Cervinis Upper & Lower

It was literally raining when I took this pic.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #139
Registered Member

Regular

what's the install like on that lower grille?
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

It wasn't too bad.

You'll need to put the front of the car on jackstands.

Watching this video first will help give you an idea:

However, keep in mind that in that video they remove the whole front bumper. You don't have to go that far. Also, there is no cutting required. This grille slides in the stock location and screws in from the back side.

Just like for the upper grille, you'll want to make sure you have a stubby phillips screwdriver.

The most difficult part was finding the 4 mounting holes for the center screen.. because once you're on the backside, there are these tabs that cover it up. Make sure you have plenty of light.

I ended up having to drill a hole through one of the tabs, and I snipped through one of the other ones to get the screen mounting screws installed. It just happened to be how everything lined up.

It's not nearly as bad as it may sound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang