About To Pull Trigger On CDC Grill - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #141
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
so the screen isn't attached?

edit: wow that's easy lol
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You only have to remove the underside piece that starts at 55 seconds in that vid, and then at 1:35 you see how to remove the stock grille. You'll be doing all this from underneath the car while the bumper is still attached.

The screens attach to the grilles with screws that have a large head. My guess is they did it that way so they can be replaced if needed, or if for some reason someone chooses not to use the screens.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #143
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks man, you just ordered my next mod for me

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
*I just installed one and here's my perspective.
I ordered the Cervinis version that is almost identical to the CDC. I preferred the Cervinis because it looks a lot beefier, more thick and substantial and also comes with the mesh screens to mount behind.
I used the previous posters pics and advice to do the install and it made it a lot easier. I chose to remove the front bumper cover while the front end was up on ramps and that was way easier than I expected. There's a few YouTube videos that help that process.
The grill looks fantastic and gives it a slight GT500 look. You do lose your fogs, if you're doing it on a GT but they were pretty useless anyway. I can now sell those and the GT grill and a V6 owner might like those.
I'll post a pic in a few hours when the sun is out more. I would recommend this grill, especially at $189, it changes the whole front look.
My advice is use the previous posts and pics to help you, take your time, mount it right and if you've ever wondered about removing the whole front bumper..it's really no biggie, even with no helper. Make sure to disconnect the front Amber running lights and ambient air sensor Before trying to completely pull the bumper forward and off. Then it's super easy.
(My wife uses the word "super" a lot and it has rubbed off on me, it doesn't make me less of a man.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	182544  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
(My wife uses the word "super" a lot and it has rubbed off on me, it doesn't make me less of a man.)
Sounds like your install went fabulously!
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #146
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
*I just installed one and here's my perspective.

I ordered the Cervinis version that is almost identical to the CDC. I preferred the Cervinis because it looks a lot beefier, more thick and substantial and also comes with the mesh screens to mount behind.

I used the previous posters pics and advice to do the install and it made it a lot easier. I chose to remove the front bumper cover while the front end was up on ramps and that was way easier than I expected. There's a few YouTube videos that help that process.

The grill looks fantastic and gives it a slight GT500 look. You do lose your fogs, if you're doing it on a GT but they were pretty useless anyway. I can now sell those and the GT grill and a V6 owner might like those.

I'll post a pic in a few hours when the sun is out more. I would recommend this grill, especially at $189, it changes the whole front look.

My advice is use the previous posts and pics to help you, take your time, mount it right and if you've ever wondered about removing the whole front bumper..it's really no biggie, even with no helper. Make sure to disconnect the front Amber running lights and ambient air sensor Before trying to completely pull the bumper forward and off. Then it's super easy.

Needs plasti-dip

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
About To Pull Trigger On CDC Grill

Is there a 10-12 V6 version of these grilles? The open nose looks damn aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
RavenEffekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
After going though the cdc then the cervinis version, DO NOT BUY THE CDC. Here is my reasoning
Unless you are handy with putting a good screen on the back (unless you never take it out of the stable too much the radiator will eventually take a beating), have the ability to make it alter a different lower grill to match, and are okay with cutting out the part that holds the fog lights in, don't do it. The cervinis design keeps the option for fog lights, is way more sturdier than the flimsy cdc, and comes with a pre cut protective screen. Plus you can get a matching lower grille too. Now the only downside is you have to take the bumper off for instill but it's well worth it, you look a lot cleaner than with the cdc. Honestly the CDC is a huge disappointment that needs some serious improving.

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone
MikeMcDema05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What sort of problems did you have with your CDC? Mine has held up for almost a year now so far without any issues (although I do take a brush and clean out the bugs every now and then). Granted, had the Cervini grille been available sooner, I probably would have gone with both matching upper and lower, but I haven't had an real problem with my CDC, and I thought the build quality was good. I know they are not the same, but isn't the grille on the GT500 about as open as the CDC?
Pretzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

About To Pull Trigger On CDC Grill

CDC is a great grille. No need to bash it. You sound like you work for Cervinis lol

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Needs plasti-dip

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I see what you did there
Gun metal metallic GT500 style stripes going on this Tuesday....decided to go with professional 3M stuff instead of dip.....just this once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	182708  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang