2014 v6 mustang flowmaster force ii exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 v6 mustang flowmaster force ii exhaust

Hey All,
Just thought this be fun and share with sound clip with you guys.
I was contemplating replacing the flowmasters, but after watching this makes me wanna keep em. What do you guys think?

elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Flow masters are nice on a V8 especially when they pop. I don't really like them on a V6. Get some borlas and you won't regret. I went from flow masters to borlas ATAK's. I heard the S types are nice too.

2013 Red Candy 3.7, MPT Tune, Afraid intake, BBK shortys, BBK mid-pipe w/cats, Borla Ataks, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears, LED Fog Lights, California Special Black Spoiler. Raxiom interior LED dome lights, Raxiom license plate LED lights, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights.
Lambo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

I had the Flows on my 08 and it sounded ok. On the newer V6s it gives more of a metal/tin sound. I got the S-Types from Borla and they give it that low v8 rumble. Quiet in the city but get loud when you floor it. Exactly what I wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I had the Flows on my 08 and it sounded ok. On the newer V6s it gives more of a metal/tin sound. I got the S-Types from Borla and they give it that low v8 rumble. Quiet in the city but get loud when you floor it. Exactly what I wanted.
metal/tin hollow sound was my first thought when I opened the video.

i put the s-type on my v6 and a lot of people ask me if it is a v8. just had my 3.73s installed on Monday and the shop owner wrote 14 GT Black on the key tag just from hearing me pull in, lol. When I came to pick up the car early afternoon, I walked in and the first thing he said was 'holy **** I didn't realize your car was a v6 until I started working on it' lol.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
metal/tin hollow sound was my first thought when I opened the video.

i put the s-type on my v6 and a lot of people ask me if it is a v8. just had my 3.73s installed on Monday and the shop owner wrote 14 GT Black on the key tag just from hearing me pull in, lol. When I came to pick up the car early afternoon, I walked in and the first thing he said was 'holy **** I didn't realize your car was a v6 until I started working on it' lol.

This is funny. Same thing happened to me. I drove past a car show with older Mustangs and rev'd at them. When I pulled up, they asked if it was one of the newer V8s. I was like no, but the CAI, Axlebacks, and tune really make it vicious. lol
Old 02-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

When I was searching for mufflers, I was really sad to see Flowmaster stopped making the American Thunders for my year. Instead, it was switched to these Force 2s that seem to be a downgrade imo.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
i've got the ATAK's and i think they sound absolutely nothing like a V8 lol you guys are nuts
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

hey guys thanks for the replies but I'm sticking w my flows... quiet but loud when they need to be. I was considering trading these for roush, but was having second thoughts which is why I made the video. And like I said I was very impressed on how they sound!

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
Kevin.Cook

We were talking about the s-types. Not the Ataks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
We were talking about the s-types. Not the Ataks.

from what i understand, they're exactly the same tone/sound until the ATAK's get audibly louder once you stomp on it. at idle and low rpms, they sound the same.

hell, even when you rip on the s-types, they sound pretty much the same to me as the ATAKs
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice popping..how is the drone?
Thank You, very much!!

PS Just got an MBRP axle back and its nice and low, but wish it had some more pop on lift off. Absolutely No Drone...
[great site]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowa View Post
Nice popping..how is the drone?
Thank You, very much!!

PS Just got an MBRP axle back and its nice and low, but wish it had some more pop on lift off. Absolutely No Drone...
[great site]

Thanks man... I really enjoyed the video too lol it sounds great made me not want to trade them. There is little to no drone on these. Interior of car sounds fine, there's more noise due to the new sr bracket I installed.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
no dreaded drone...

Wow ...Good to know there is no drone. [had heard there was].
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Kevin, Have you posted a sound clip on here ? I have a 2014 v-6 and really having a hard time deciding on my axle backs...

PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Hey Kevin, Have you posted a sound clip on here ? I have a 2014 v-6 and really having a hard time deciding on my axle backs...

Hey papa... If you're eyeing the borlas u can go to YouTube and there's a sound clip of all three of their exhausts for the v6

Old 02-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Going to ck it out

Old 02-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #17
Kevin.Cook

I have not posted any sound clips yet. I cant bring myself to make any videos until my car is more complete.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #18
Kevin.Cook

A few days ago I went to NTB for a tire repair. And the employees came out after driving my car back. They asked why i took the badges off my 5.0. I laughed and said it was a v6. Seems the S types fool alot of people. Get alot of compliments.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Elk. Yes those Borla s axle backs sound like what Im looking for. You guys are a lot of help !!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust, v6 mustang