2012 Gulf Spec Mustang V6 Mod Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #1

Region: Other
2012 Gulf Spec Mustang V6 Mod Help

Hi Everybody,

For a long time i have been just a reader in the forum, but now its time to ask for some help.
As mentioned at the title i am currently living in Muscat/Oman (Gulf), finally managed to get my second hand V6 (12k miles) around 6 months ago need some advices and clearance about Mods.
I want to do some small Mods on my 2012 V6 base pony but workmanship,Ford Service and garages are quite insufficient.

Following mods/replacements i wish to have;

1) Airaid Cold Air Intake - Synthaflow Oiled Filter; As far as i read from the discussions, Oiled filters are more recommended for dusty, sandy locations which we have really terrible sand storms most of the time. If i am wrong please advice..

2) Headlights : I really want to swap my bulbs with DDM HID Kit With Slim Ballast - 35W but also i was considering having a Projector Headlight, for both cases i want to keep my original housing, i like the twisted locations of the signals and headlight therefore the question is; is it possible to use Projector Headlights with the current housing ?

3) Steering Wheel : I want to go with GT500 Steering wheel due to not having Sync and my base steering wheel. Unfortunately i couldn't find the result of the how to activate radio buttons. At AFM forums i have found many treats about it but Muscat Ford Service tell me they have never done something with ACM (it might be a lie to get rid of me). Is there any other solution for activating the buttons ?

In conclusion due to being outside of the USA, all the items that i would like to have cost me double because of the shipping, anyone of you know a way of cheap shipping ?

Thank you in advance,
Mert
MSomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
There are many companies that they offer lower shipping rates from the states to other countries, they call it "forward shipping", you can register with them and they will assign you a US address, you send the items you buy online to that US address and after they receive it they will forward it to you wherever you are at lower rates using same big shipping companies like DHL, UPS, or Fedex, whichever is cheaper.

Just google "forward shipping service" and you'll get a bunch of websites, and you can check rates before even registering with them.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post
There are many companies that they offer lower shipping rates from the states to other countries, they call it "forward shipping", you can register with them and they will assign you a US address, you send the items you buy online to that US address and after they receive it they will forward it to you wherever you are at lower rates using same big shipping companies like DHL, UPS, or Fedex, whichever is cheaper.

Just google "forward shipping service" and you'll get a bunch of websites, and you can check rates before even registering with them.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSomer View Post
2) Headlights : I really want to swap my bulbs with DDM HID Kit With Slim Ballast - 35W but also i was considering having a Projector Headlight, for both cases i want to keep my original housing, i like the twisted locations of the signals and headlight therefore the question is; is it possible to use Projector Headlights with the current housing ?
Yes! Please stay away from any plug and play kit that doesn't involve projectors. If you just throw some HIDs in your headlights, you'll be scattering light everywhere and blinding oncoming traffic. Look up @swlights and @hidretrofitlights on Instagram and you'll see plenty of examples of HID projectors retrofitted into our stock housing. I'm actually in the process of retrofitting my own.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Yes! Please stay away from any plug and play kit that doesn't involve projectors. If you just throw some HIDs in your headlights, you'll be shattering light everywhere and blinding oncoming traffic. Look up @swlights and @hidretrofitlights on Instagram and you'll see plenty of examples of HID projectors retrofitted into our stock housing. I'm actually in the process of retrofitting my own.

+1
I installed HIDs in my 04 and removed it the next day after I saw how horrible they perform against incoming traffic and even drivers in front of me, I decided to retrofit my headlight and the result was awesome.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424634375.466117.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	175921

Old 02-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You don't have to go with gt500. You can just get a pony package steering wheel but maybe there the same price. Someone else might know better.
Tek1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Yes! Please stay away from any plug and play kit that doesn't involve projectors. If you just throw some HIDs in your headlights, you'll be scattering light everywhere and blinding oncoming traffic. Look up @swlights and @hidretrofitlights on Instagram and you'll see plenty of examples of HID projectors retrofitted into our stock housing. I'm actually in the process of retrofitting my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post
+1
I installed HIDs in my 04 and removed it the next day after I saw how horrible they perform against incoming traffic and even drivers in front of me, I decided to retrofit my headlight and the result was awesome.
Attachment 175921

Blakhwk : Thank you for info. As i understood you have done it by yourself. Which is impossible with my lack of ability for me.

WhoDat : Totally i agree with you on having projectors BUT unfortunately i haven't found a place to sell the products. The names you have given, for example hidretrofitlights; i read quite negative comments about them since i haven't seen any real i can just count on the comments. If anybody has it please advise.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
If it were me, I'd keep the stock intake box; it is already a CAI; very hard to improve on it performance wise, and for the money you'll pay for one, it would be difficult at best to notice any real performance gains. They may be nice "eye candy" under the hood, but that would be about it.

As to the projector headlight buckets, please do get a pair before going the route of HID's. The drivers that share the road with you will thank you! There are good sets out there. Check with American Muscle. They sponser this site, and once you get the required post count, you can PM them, and get a discount code, to help save on some parts. They have a dedicated forum on this site; wonder over and post a thread to them about what you are looking for.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
If it were me, I'd keep the stock intake box; it is already a CAI; very hard to improve on it performance wise, and for the money you'll pay for one, it would be difficult at best to notice any real performance gains. They may be nice "eye candy" under the hood, but that would be about it.

As to the projector headlight buckets, please do get a pair before going the route of HID's. The drivers that share the road with you will thank you! There are good sets out there. Check with American Muscle. They sponser this site, and once you get the required post count, you can PM them, and get a discount code, to help save on some parts. They have a dedicated forum on this site; wonder over and post a thread to them about what you are looking for.
bucko: Okay, as comments i am definitely gonna get projectors I am a really big fan of AM.com. But unfortunately the headlights that they have offer are Raxom with custom housing, as i mentioned at the top, i really want to keep original housing.
On the other hand i hear your quote regarding to the CAI, it would be more efficient to have with tune CAI since i will pay double for shipping.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #10
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSomer View Post
WhoDat : Totally i agree with you on having projectors BUT unfortunately i haven't found a place to sell the products. The names you have given, for example hidretrofitlights; i read quite negative comments about them since i haven't seen any real i can just count on the comments. If anybody has it please advise.
I listed those simply for examples of retrofits. I am personally doing my own with a kit bought from theretrofitsource.com so that I know that it's done to my liking.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #11

Any information about swapping the steering wheel with active controls ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang