P2195 and P2197 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
P2195 and P2197

So I was driving along today and suddenly my car started to idle rough. It felt and sounded like it was cammed.

I was running my Bama 93R at the time then switched back to the stock tune immediately to see if it was just a tune issue. It continued to idle rough on the stock tune too.

After a few miles the CEL came on. Pulled the codes and got P2195 and P2197. O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean (bank 1, sensor 1) and O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean (bank 2, sensor 1). In other words, the sensors on the headers. I have a completely stock exhaust aside from the axlebacks, which wouldn't cause this.

Weird...
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Now I don't know if this is true or not, I'm basing this on what I was told from my Ford service advisor.

He told me the problems with aftermarket tunes are things like this. They tend to make settings lean to get all the power it can....once again I'm not saying it's true , it's just what I was told.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
So I was driving along today and suddenly my car started to idle rough. It felt and sounded like it was cammed.

I was running my Bama 93R at the time then switched back to the stock tune immediately to see if it was just a tune issue. It continued to idle rough on the stock tune too.

After a few miles the CEL came on. Pulled the codes and got P2195 and P2197. O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean (bank 1, sensor 1) and O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean (bank 2, sensor 1). In other words, the sensors on the headers. I have a completely stock exhaust aside from the axlebacks, which wouldn't cause this.

Weird...
Could be as simple as bad and gummed up sensors. Might want to pull them and take a look

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Now I don't know if this is true or not, I'm basing this on what I was told from my Ford service advisor.

He told me the problems with aftermarket tunes are things like this. They tend to make settings lean to get all the power it can....once again I'm not saying it's true , it's just what I was told.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but in theory it should go back to normal when I put the stock tune back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Could be as simple as bad and gummed up sensors. Might want to pull them and take a look

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm going to email Bama and see what they say.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

Weird...
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post

Hey VIG - Sorry about the scare here! It sounds like that this could definitely be in regards to the sensors as the code is typically in relation to them malfunctioning. Shoot the Bama Team a call and they're happy to troubleshoot this with you! They've tuned your setup many times over and I'm positive that this is something small that they'll be able to work through quickly. I just want to go on record here in regards to the leaning out comment and Bama absolutely does not do this! My Bullitt along with our shop GT were test beds for their new V2 Tunes and if you're not running them right now I highly recommend that you take a look into them! The only reason why my car isn't on camera below is because I'm camera shy! Plus Green just doesn't look great in our studio!

VIG Let me know how you make out and if you have any other questions!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

So Bama got back to me, promptly as usual.

The more I drove it the more it felt like a vacuum leak, so during lunch, I went out to my car and disconnect and reconnected every vacuum hose I could find. Started the car back up and idles smooth and AFR is back to normal.

I don't know which hose it was, but it doesn't matter to me because it seems to be fixed now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang