Sr lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
Road Trip!
Regular

Sr lowering springs

So my lowering spring arrived today from AM and the first thing i noticed is a very ugly box, But i was like ok thats not an issue until i open it. The springs look as if they've been used before just not very excited about them anymore. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424716054.215238.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	176019Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424716069.432677.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	176020

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Sorry to hear about this. AM should be able to work with you on getting these swapped out. UPS probably tossed around this package
Old 02-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Sorry to hear about this. AM should be able to work with you on getting these swapped out. UPS probably tossed around this package

Im not sure if it was just UPS. The box itself is horrible ill post a pic in a few

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424716523.901917.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	176021Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424716536.765970.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	176022

Heres the box and all i did is got my knife and cut the tape

Old 02-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Yea that looks destroyed. Can see where you are coming from. Maybe AM can over night a replacement or something so the risk of this happening again is minimized?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Maybe they tested the spring compression while they were in the box? :O

Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Maybe they tested the spring compression while they were in the box? :O

Lol whatever it was just made an unhappy customer

Old 02-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Possible re-pack looks like it is.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I would get AM to give me a discount to keep and use, as long as they will still warranty them as new.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I would get AM to give me a discount to keep and use, as long as they will still warranty them as new.

I will ask for that here as soon as they return my call. Ive sent pics to them already

Old 02-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #11
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain View Post
So my lowering spring arrived today from AM and the first thing i noticed is a very ugly box, But i was like ok thats not an issue until i open it. The springs look as if they've been used before just not very excited about them anymore. Attachment 176019Attachment 176020
Hey I just received and replied to your PM! This is absolutely nuts and I don't think I've seen UPS have their way with a package like this in my many years here!

Shoot me your order number and I'll personally pick, inspect, and package your replacement and I'll make sure that your replacement order is in your hands and in perfect condition in less than 24 hours!

We're going to want to have a UPS Damage Claim set up as well and we'll ask that you hang onto the damaged kit for about 5-7 Business days. Thanks for posting up the pictures as well as we'll need to show UPS this. Once we hear back from them we'll contact you directly with a Pre-Paid UPS Return Label as we'll want to get these back!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and hang in there! I'll get this fixed for you immediately!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey I just received and replied to your PM! This is absolutely nuts and I don't think I've seen UPS have their way with a package like this in my many years here!

Shoot me your order number and I'll personally pick, inspect, and package your replacement and I'll make sure that your replacement order is in your hands and in perfect condition in less than 24 hours!

We're going to want to have a UPS Damage Claim set up as well and we'll ask that you hang onto the damaged kit for about 5-7 Business days. Thanks for posting up the pictures as well as we'll need to show UPS this. Once we hear back from them we'll contact you directly with a Pre-Paid UPS Return Label as we'll want to get these back!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions in the meantime and hang in there! I'll get this fixed for you immediately!

Alex

Thanks i just replied

Old 02-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
UPS man is jealous of your mods.

At least UPS delivers your packages...they keep saying I've requested them to hold them at their facility. If they told me they couldn't make it up my driveway I'd understand (think luge run) but NO, I didn't request you to not deliver them.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

At least UPS delivers your packages...they keep saying I've requested them to hold them at their facility. If they told me they couldn't make it up my driveway I'd understand (think luge run) but NO, I didn't request you to not deliver them.

I think you can make an account with ups and give the specific instruction but i just found that out today while i was looking in their site

Old 02-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #15
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Strange - That's defintiely on the weird side. I know it varies from driver to driver. If they think that they're going to damage UPS Property they likely wont risk it!

Quote:
Thanks i just replied
Received and replied!

Quote:
I think you can make an account with ups and give the specific instruction but i just found that out today while i was looking in their site
We more than happy to work with UPS so you don't have to! In the event that in the future you would like any of your packages held to be picked up don't hesitate to shoot us a call and we'll do the leg work so you're not on hold for an hour waiting on them! Furthermore we're happy to have your order shipped to a different address, place of business etc if you would like!

So I just got back from our warehouse and I pulled about 10 kits just to get a nice number and to ensure that we didn't have some issues with our stock. I was shocked to see that some of them "did" have some wear/tear or a deteriorated look. I worked with our quality control team as well as our warehouse manager to have the affected kits pulled from our inventory so no one else receives a kit like this!

I want to go on record and ease any type of concern in regards to the "used" look. We absolutely do not sell or ship previously returned parts or merchandise!!

Here's what I found!

1. Some really good looking SR Performance Springs and light colored gap pants

After this I ran them over to an order prepping station to have some extra padding included. This should be alright for the trip down to your neck of the woods but if the man in brown is going to be playing 2 hand touch with your parts again I might just have to come down there myself and deliver them personally. Besides I hear you have good BBQ down there.

Here's your order on its way out to be packed into a truck - While your tracking may not update immediately it's going from our warehouse the the Philadelphia Airport where it will head to Worldport (This is UPS' main hub) after that it will be sorted and pushed onto another plane to be delivered to a local airport, where it will then be sorted, shipped to your local hub, assigned to a truck, and in your hands no later than this time tomorrow!

Now that was easy!!!

I'm sorry to see and hear about how your order was delivered again but please let me know if you're to have any questions at all about the UPS Claim process and I'm here to help!

Have a great rest of the afternoon,

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Strange - That's defintiely on the weird side. I know it varies from driver to driver. If they think that they're going to damage UPS Property they likely wont risk it!

Received and replied!

We more than happy to work with UPS so you don't have to! In the event that in the future you would like any of your packages held to be picked up don't hesitate to shoot us a call and we'll do the leg work so you're not on hold for an hour waiting on them! Furthermore we're happy to have your order shipped to a different address, place of business etc if you would like!

So I just got back from our warehouse and I pulled about 10 kits just to get a nice number and to ensure that we didn't have some issues with our stock. I was shocked to see that some of them "did" have some wear/tear or a deteriorated look. I worked with our quality control team as well as our warehouse manager to have the affected kits pulled from our inventory so no one else receives a kit like this!

I want to go on record and ease any type of concern in regards to the "used" look. We absolutely do not sell or ship previously returned parts or merchandise!!

Here's what I found!

1. Some really good looking SR Performance Springs and light colored gap pants

After this I ran them over to an order prepping station to have some extra padding included. This should be alright for the trip down to your neck of the woods but if the man in brown is going to be playing 2 hand touch with your parts again I might just have to come down there myself and deliver them personally. Besides I hear you have good BBQ down there.

Here's your order on its way out to be packed into a truck - While your tracking may not update immediately it's going from our warehouse the the Philadelphia Airport where it will head to Worldport (This is UPS' main hub) after that it will be sorted and pushed onto another plane to be delivered to a local airport, where it will then be sorted, shipped to your local hub, assigned to a truck, and in your hands no later than this time tomorrow!

Now that was easy!!!

I'm sorry to see and hear about how your order was delivered again but please let me know if you're to have any questions at all about the UPS Claim process and I'm here to help!

Have a great rest of the afternoon,

Alex

Thanks for your help

Old 02-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Come on man!! Who the hell else is doing stuff like this?? If this isnt customer service I dont know what is? You cant hold this against AM in any, things like this sometimes just happen..
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #18
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Come on man!! Who the hell else is doing stuff like this?? If this isnt customer service I dont know what is? You cant hold this against AM in any, things like this sometimes just happen..

I know! I dont have anything against that im actually very satisfied the way AMALEX is helping me out

Old 02-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #19
Kevin.Cook

Yup. This is why I buy mostly from AM. Rarely any other company is gonna go as far as reaching out to you on a forum to fix your issue. Usually you gotta call them and HOPE they can find your order and HOPE they will work with you.

I know some other companies will but AM tends to be more consitent then some others.

I mean, he ACTUALLY went to the warehouse and inspected the package himself. AND watched it till it was ready to be packed in a truck. I have NEVER heard of another company doing that. And he supplied pics.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #20
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Yup. This is why I buy mostly from AM. Rarely any other company is gonna go as far as reaching out to you on a forum to fix your issue. Usually you gotta call them and HOPE they can find your order and HOPE they will work with you.

I know some other companies will but AM tends to be more consitent then some others.

I mean, he ACTUALLY went to the warehouse and inspected the package himself. AND watched it till it was ready to be packed in a truck. I have NEVER heard of another company doing that. And he supplied pics.

I can work with a problem but only if i have great customer service like this!

Old 02-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #21
Kevin.Cook

At this point, I rarely shop around outside of AM. If I gotta spend $20 more or so to ease my mind, then that is ok. Like for instance, there was a BBK 73 MM Throttle body on ebay for like $350. With my lovely AM Discount, the difference was $40. I spent the $40 knowing I would get tracking and excellent customer support if needed.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #22
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
At this point, I rarely shop around outside of AM. If I gotta spend $20 more or so to ease my mind, then that is ok. Like for instance, there was a BBK 73 MM Throttle body on ebay for like $350. With my lovely AM Discount, the difference was $40. I spent the $40 knowing I would get tracking and excellent customer support if needed.

Well its good to know they warranty

Old 02-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Sr lowering springs

Alex for President!!

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
So my lowering spring arrived today from AM and the first thing i noticed is a very ugly box, But i was like ok thats not an issue until i open it. The springs look as if they've been used before just not very excited about them anymore. Attachment 176019Attachment 176020

Yeah my SR box was next to destroyed also and my springs had some minor damage also. Putting 20lbs springs in nothing more than a brown box and then having ups toss them around will do that. The damage is probably them banging into each other while they're getting tossed from truck to truck. I give the packing method a big fat zero lol, but hey the price is right.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #25
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Alex for President!!

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Lol im with you there

Old 02-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
This is awesome customer service! Quick thought that came to mind... AmAlex you said "We absolutely do not sell or ship previously returned parts or merchandise!!"... Then what do you do with them? I think many would be open to buying these type of parts at a discount even if there was no warranty, etc.

I know many companies have sections on there sites for these type of products.

Just a thought.
Adam302gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam302gt View Post
This is awesome customer service! Quick thought that came to mind... AmAlex you said "We absolutely do not sell or ship previously returned parts or merchandise!!"... Then what do you do with them? I think many would be open to buying these type of parts at a discount even if there was no warranty, etc.

Just a thought.

I second this. Let us know what you think AMAlex. Everyone is always looking for a bargain and who better to get it from then AM? I know the forum discount helps a little, but think of this as Clearence isle in wal-mart
Old 02-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
^they sell them on eBay....seller mustangmods

I have bought several things from them with the same great service and super fast shipping.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #29
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for your help
efrain - Anytime! I'm absolutely always around to help out no matter what so please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can ever lend a hand with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I like to conduct business a certain way - There's something about physically being there, having my own hands on the parts, and put simply documenting it! It's not only for me, but it's for Efrain as well!

Quote:

Hey Kevin - Thanks so much for the kind words and feedback! This is how I operate here! I work very quickly to work for a quick resolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Alex for President!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Yeah my SR box was next to destroyed also and my springs had some minor damage also. Putting 20lbs springs in nothing more than a brown box and then having ups toss them around will do that. The damage is probably them banging into each other while they're getting tossed from truck to truck. I give the packing method a big fat zero lol, but hey the price is right.
Sorry about that again! There's definitely a need for some excess insulation when it comes to shipping something like this as well! I'm working with SR to see if there's something that we can have them do on their end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam302gt View Post

Just a thought.
Hey Adam - This has been brought up periodically. What do you think about a scratch & dent sale? We used to do this some years back and just recently started again at #AM2014 and I'm confident that we'll do this at #AM2015 as well.

In regards to MustangMods and the proximity to where we ship from they are handled by a third party - If there's ever a question or issue with an eBay sale we recommend contacting them directly!

If anyone has any other questions let me know, I'm always around to help out.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My SR springs came last friday same box, perfect shape. All my parts were in great shape. Shipped all the way up to Canada too. Had my order at my door by the end of the week. Couldn't be happier.
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #31
Kevin.Cook

Not to sound like a noob but it cannot be helped. What is #AM2015?

Old 02-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Not to sound like a noob but it cannot be helped. What is #AM2015?

American Muscle 2015 show.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #33
Kevin.Cook

Where is that? Probably nowhere near texas

Old 02-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Where is that? Probably nowhere near texas

Pennsylvania I believe.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I received my sr springs in a box that looked like the ups guy backed over it a few times then threw it from his truck to my door step. The springs where in great condition. I believe the plastic save them. I will continue to buy from American muscle. Great customer service and prices.

Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang