Next mod? Thinking tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #36
Kevin.Cook

You got more self control then me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol I try man but it's damn hard. I feel like I have an addiction.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #38
Kevin.Cook

Yes it is. You don't even want to know how much money I have dropped into my car in the 4 months I have had it. It would make you cry. Only reason I got this instead of a GT, was financing. Because they said I have "Young" credit. Those muthas dont know how hard we have it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowa View Post
MPT. No Question!
That will keep "M"anything off of you....
Absolutely correct, MPT all the way
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I dont have a damn PC so MPT is a no go!!!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
....nor will any good tuning company be a go then...

(Can you get access to a PC?)
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #42
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
....nor will any good tuning company be a go then...
I laughed too hard at this...
Old 02-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I would have to borrow a PC. Diablo with a Bama tune will work on MAC. So now I don't really know.... Borrow PC or just get Diablo with Bama.

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 02-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #44
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
I would have to borrow a PC. Diablo with a Bama tune will work on MAC. So now I don't really know.... Borrow PC or just get Diablo with Bama.

Does this involve ever giving the pc back?

If you are money conscious, the sct 4 is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-24-2015, 05:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

How much will I really need the PC? I guess I can borrow PC just for updates every once in a while but if I'm having to use the PC like once a week then I'm going to have to go with Diablo and my Mac.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

Well, initially you dont need a pc. AM loads the tunes for you onto the device. The tuner can connect to wifi for updates. You only need a pc if you are sent updated tunes later on. Cuz you need to connect the tuner to the pc, download the tune from your email, then use a program to move the tune over.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm with you Kevin on waiting on Bama to release new tunes . I'm especially interested in the Bama version of the Ghost Idle Cam .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Well, initially you dont need a pc. AM loads the tunes for you onto the device. The tuner can connect to wifi for updates. You only need a pc if you are sent updated tunes later on. Cuz you need to connect the tuner to the pc, download the tune from your email, then use a program to move the tune over.

I've been wandering this same thing. So when you first get the bama tuner with 3 free tunes you don't have to have the pc? The only time would be to download the emails with the new tunes you may have asked for onto the tuner?
Tek1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #49
Kevin.Cook

Tek: that is correct. Bama does you a solid and loads the first 3 tunes onto the tuner for you.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

To what i understand, yes that is correct. Honestly MPTs website is so hard to navigate. Can anyone point me to where they have the updated logs off HP and TQ gains for v6 Mustang. I have looked for like 15min and cant find it....
Old 02-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #51
Kevin.Cook

Its on the corner of hell nah, and go find it yourself. Lmao! Im jk man. Hopefully someone posts it.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Ask AM for financing. Hahahahaha I am sure they will get a kick out of that if you ask them.
Omg, PLEASE AM DON'T DO FINANCING!!! Holy hell that would be pure evil lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #53
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Omg, PLEASE AM DON'T DO FINANCING!!! Holy hell that would be pure evil lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Everyone would be getting their cars repo'd. Lmao!!!!

At least AM could stock pile Mustangs with this method.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #54
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I'd get into so much trouble if AM did financing.

I'd be the lone cause of the next financial crisis.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
How much will I really need the PC? I guess I can borrow PC just for updates every once in a while but if I'm having to use the PC like once a week then I'm going to have to go with Diablo and my Mac.
Virtual Desktop / Boot Camp. Like I said, been using Windows on my Mac (when needed) for years. Otherwise, you won't really need the PC too often, definitely not once a week.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks 2stangz!

Old 02-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
To what i understand, yes that is correct. Honestly MPTs website is so hard to navigate. Can anyone point me to where they have the updated logs off HP and TQ gains for v6 Mustang. I have looked for like 15min and cant find it....
Go to the SCT site for the most current list.
http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=74&VID=873
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 02-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #58
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

I run the performance 89 Bama tune.

Very nice.
Thank you for the shout B!

I'm glad you're loving your Bama tune as much as I do!

Quote:
I run the 100 vegetable oil tune. Very smooth.

Just kidding. I run the 93 Race tune. I keep up maintenance on my car so not too worried about it. Actually do oil changes and such a little before the recommended mileage as I hate putting things off till the last second. My car will thank me for it after the next 100k miles.
I'm glad you're still loving your tunes Kevin! I can't wait to get you into the V2 tunes, I might be more excited as you!

Quote:
Only problem is that I have a Mac and I want to use the forum discount code because that will save me $25. So I'm thinking Diablo tuner with Bama tune? Is MPT tunes on any tuner Mac compatible? Thanks guys
Hey Chaz,

The Bama Diablosport InTune Tuner will be a great choice for you and your Mac! I guarantee you will love not only the tunes, but also the service you receive.

Quote:
I know alot of people here will go with MPT because they got tunes Bama/AM does not offer yet. However, later this year Bama/AM WILL offer those tunes so I am patient. I am not dragging my car any time soon either so the 93 Race tune from Bama gives me more then enough boost to allow me spirited driving. So it is personal preference.
We appreciate the patience Kevin! Bama takes their time perfecting the tunes before they are released to the public. Once they do get released, They will be up to par, if not better than any other tuner in the space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I just uploaded my 93 Bama tune and holy f*ck she is mean and LOUD wit my off road H pipe!!!
Glad you're loving them Black8thElement!

I'm sure deleting your cats along with the tune turned your Mustang into a completely different beast! I know it did to mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I'm with you Kevin on waiting on Bama to release new tunes . I'm especially interested in the Bama version of the Ghost Idle Cam .
They're coming Papa, I promise

I can't wait until they are available so I can get you into them the same day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek1836 View Post
I've been wandering this same thing. So when you first get the bama tuner with 3 free tunes you don't have to have the pc? The only time would be to download the emails with the new tunes you may have asked for onto the tuner?
You are correct Tek!

The Bama team will load your tunes onto the tuner for you at no cost! The only time you will need to use a computer down the road will be to update the tunes/tuner!

Hope this helps and If anyone has any questions, please reach out!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Also love how AM staff are always on here such as Will and Alex. MPT seems to lack customer service. But I still have a couple weeks to make up my mind.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Uh-oh....
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #61
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Uh-oh....
Yeah, I agree, that crack about MPT was really uncalled for
MTP is known for their excellent customer service and outstanding tunes.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

It's an opinion not a fact.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #63
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
It's an opinion not a fact.

Have you had actual customer service experience with MTP?
If so, please tell us what happened so we can better understand your opinion.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Dude this whole MPT deal is pointless choose who you want to go with. Whoever chooses Bama so be it whover chooses MPT congrats

Black 2008 Decepticon GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #65
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Dude this whole MPT deal is pointless choose who you want to go with. Whoever chooses Bama so be it whover chooses MPT congrats.
Agreed, ***** or get off the pot
Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Lol started with my asking what next mod to is MPT or Bama better 😭

Old 02-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #67
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Lol started with my asking what next mod to is MPT or Bama better

You opened the proverbial can of worms asking to compare one tune company against another. Do a search and you'll see. LOL, just do your research and pick one and let us know how you like it. You can look at Steeda as well. Good luck, but you just won't know until you pull the trigger
Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #68
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Also love how AM staff are always on here such as Will and Alex. MPT seems to lack customer service. But I still have a couple weeks to make up my mind. !
Chaz,

Thank you for the kind words. We are always here to help and do whatever we can to make our customers happy, it's what I do!

In regards to MPT, they are a great group of guys and I'm sure that you will be happy regardless of who's tune you go with.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, I will get back to this topic when I have received my tune. Thanks for all of the help. Need to look into it more.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Maybe a little off topic but are the bama v2 tunes included with the free tunes for life?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang