Exhaust moving on hangers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Exhaust moving on hangers

anyone else ever have issues where their exhaust is slipping on the rear hanger? for example, i lined mine up pretty well, and i even used a small tiny hose clamp hoping it would clamp the back end of the hanger in place, but my passengers side one managed to slide out and move towards the right. i used to be able to slightly fit my finger between the exhaust tip and the edge of the valence cut out, but now i can't even get my finger in there.

has anyone else ever noticed this, or has anyone used any special clamp to hold that rear hanger in place? i don't want mine to end up banging against the valence and resting on it.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
anyone else ever have issues where their exhaust is slipping on the rear hanger? for example, i lined mine up pretty well, and i even used a small tiny hose clamp hoping it would clamp the back end of the hanger in place, but my passengers side one managed to slide out and move towards the right. i used to be able to slightly fit my finger between the exhaust tip and the edge of the valence cut out, but now i can't even get my finger in there.

has anyone else ever noticed this, or has anyone used any special clamp to hold that rear hanger in place? i don't want mine to end up banging against the valence and resting on it.
Is it just visual or do you actually hear the exhaust shaking around while driving?

My passenger side shifted to the right as well recently, but I haven't found the time to look underneath yet thanks to all the snow.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
just visual. i don't hear the axlebacks moving underneath, but i can tell that in the 2 or 3 weeks since i put them on, they've shifted.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I used to have a problem with my driver's side one moving up and hitting the rear bumper/valence. However, I unclamped the ball and socket clamp, moved it around a bit, made sure everything was as together as possible, re-aligned the axleback exhaust, and re-tightened the clamp. It has stayed in place since then.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust