How reliable would you say your car has been? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayFrosty View Post
It does have a VIN, I'll have to look it up. I no longer have access to mitchell or alldata, not since college, so what website would you recommend I use to run the VIN and find that info? (If I'm interested, which I pretty much am, I'm gonna have to run a vehicle history report anyway)
Click on this link and then replace the VIN at the end of the URL with the VIN of the car you're looking at.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8AM0C5262660
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #37
Kevin.Cook

Unfortunately, the performance package isnt geared towards cosmetics. The only things you could see by walking by one or looking under the hood, are 19" wheels, gloss black side mirrors, and the front strut brace. If you lifted the car, you would see a sticker near the rear axle that says the gear ratio (3.31). Other then that, the other mods are hard to notice by a normal look over (springs and front calipers). Hopefully it at least has the tech package if it isnt a Premium (sync, auto headlamps, electronic drivers seat, etc). Otherwise, i wouldnt pay 16k for it. Maybe 14k. Cuz think about it, you would have to spend alot of money to add those other things on manually.

So look up the price of a premium with the performance package that is similar to that car and compare the prices. This may allow you to negotiate a lower price by showing them what the cost difference is by not getting those other features.

I know here in some areas in texas, hands free cell phone usage is now a law. So having the Sync/hands free feature is a must for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
nope. it's only covered under 3 year new car warranty.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Actually it is covered longer than that. I am thinking Deysha (the ford rep on another forum) said it is 100,000. BUT after the first 36000 miles it is only covered if it becomes perforated. During the first 36,000 miles it is covered if it blemishes at all.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
yeah, i think it has to rust to be fixed for the 5 year, problem is the aluminum doesn't really rust. my friend had a 2010 with the extended warranty too, and she tried getting hers fixed in 13 or 14, and it was bad. perforated, big chunk taken out where it was pure metal... they told her no warranty fix, but they'd give her some money towards it... wanted 850 bucks to paint it and she said f no. so yeah its not always covered.

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:44 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
yeah, i think it has to rust to be fixed for the 5 year, problem is the aluminum doesn't really rust. my friend had a 2010 with the extended warranty too, and she tried getting hers fixed in 13 or 14, and it was bad. perforated, big chunk taken out where it was pure metal... they told her no warranty fix, but they'd give her some money towards it... wanted 850 bucks to paint it and she said f no. so yeah its not always covered.

It doesn't have to rust. But the paint has to be perforated. In other words, you need to be able to see a tiny bit of the aluminum. It would be covered if she pushed it.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Hey there, I'm new. (I apologize if this is in the wrong section) I'm looking at buying a new car, and I've loved the new v6 mustangs ever since they first introduced them, but didn't want to buy a new car seeing as how my old car got me from point A to point B just fine, even if it was a bit of a clunker. Now, with the engine leaking oil from every possible gasket, the exhaust literally falling apart (it's broken in like 4 places) and body rot starting to consume the wheel wells, I'm thinking it might be time to finally throw in the towel and buy something I've wanted for a long time. I just found a 2012 Ford Mustang Mayhem (v6 w/perf. package) with only 25k miles for $16,000. It's a little expensive for my blood, honestly, but pretty reasonable all things considered. My question is, how reliable would you say the Ford Mustang will likely be? I know it's not exactly a question with a straightforward answer, but I've always been a Honda guy, so I know very little about Mustangs. Would it be likely to last 200k miles with regular maintenance and the occasional expensive repair? Or are these cars only good for the first 100k? I'm not looking for a simple yes or no, because reliability isn't really quantifiable. I'm looking more for educated guesses based on past experiences or second-hand experiences. I'm a recent college grad, not a business executive or even a trash collector, so I can't really go out and buy a new car the first time it needs a wheel bearing. And certainly can't afford to be throwing all kinds of money at it for repairs every other month. Soo...to the best of your knowledge (or guess) about how reliable would you say these cars are?
I have a 2011 3.7 and my engine is not even broken in yet. With my 45k miles on it I have only had one issue and that was my 02 sensor went bad but I do have long tubes and off road x pipe. Besides that, the car had been flawless.

Do I think my 3.7 will last 200k plus miles with little too no major repair issues. Absolutely yes. I believe Ford builds solid engines that will last and last as long as the car is given routine maintenance.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Never underestimate the value of cash and patience!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Unfortunately, the performance package isnt geared towards cosmetics. The only things you could see by walking by one or looking under the hood, are 19" wheels, gloss black side mirrors, and the front strut brace. If you lifted the car, you would see a sticker near the rear axle that says the gear ratio (3.31). Other then that, the other mods are hard to notice by a normal look over (springs and front calipers). Hopefully it at least has the tech package if it isnt a Premium (sync, auto headlamps, electronic drivers seat, etc). Otherwise, i wouldnt pay 16k for it. Maybe 14k. Cuz think about it, you would have to spend alot of money to add those other things on manually.

So look up the price of a premium with the performance package that is similar to that car and compare the prices. This may allow you to negotiate a lower price by showing them what the cost difference is by not getting those other features.

I know here in some areas in texas, hands free cell phone usage is now a law. So having the Sync/hands free feature is a must for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good info, thanks.

I've emailed him about getting the VIN, and if it has the premium package.

I also looked up the KBB values. The base with the perf. package is worth 16,500 if it's in the condition he says it is. If it's the preium version with the perf. package KBB says it's worth 18,000.

So even if it's only the base model with the performance package, according to KBB he has it priced right at 16k.

As far as my needs goes, I don't have a smartphone and I never need to talk while I'm driving, so I'll likely never use sync anyway. I don't really need any of the bells and whistles that come with a premium package, cuz I'll prolly never use them. So for me that's not really an issue, unless I'm paying for something I'm not getting....but KBB says it's reasonable even if it doesn't have all that jazz.

Of course, that depends on how much faith you place in the blue book values lol
stayFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #44

I don't think anyone is following this anymore, but I'll post anyway.

Got an update. Guy sent me the VIN. No tech package or premium package, but it does have the performance package.

I think 16k is pretty reasonable, but I'll try to negotiate for as low a price as I can get him to go, of course.

Thanks for all the help thus far. If I do end up buying the car, I'll let you know, maybe I'll hang out here sometimes.
stayFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Got an update. Guy sent me the VIN. No tech package or premium package, but it does have the performance package.

I think 16k is pretty reasonable, but I'll try to negotiate for as low a price as I can get him to go, of course.

Thanks for all the help thus far. If I do end up buying the car, I'll let you know, maybe I'll hang out here sometimes.
Good luck!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
It doesn't have to rust. But the paint has to be perforated. In other words, you need to be able to see a tiny bit of the aluminum. It would be covered if she pushed it.
weird. she pushed hard and they refused, and made her pay.

maybe she didn't tell me the whole truth. yeah, she had the extended warranty, but she just sold it with 110,000 miles for a 2010 lol so it was up there. maybe she was over mileage?

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:

sweet! good luck. and if you do buy the car, damn straight you're gonna hangout here! i'm on this forum daily now lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang