MGP caliper covers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Hey folks. I just tried to install some on my '13 V6 with GT 19" stock rims. The back ones did not rub. The first front one I did rubbed on the back of the rim!!! I could clearly see that the brake clips were flattened and not even close to the caliper cover. I took them all off. Did anyone run into anything similar?

I used my leg to push the cover tightly against the caliper to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Did you make sure to use the right clips when installing them? You may need to get some wheel spacers to create a bigger gap. Mine were very close to the rim, so I took them off and bent the metal part on the cover that attaches to the caliper so they face in a little more, this gave me more room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue View Post
Did you make sure to use the right clips when installing them? You may need to get some wheel spacers to create a bigger gap. Mine were very close to the rim, so I took them off and bent the metal part on the cover that attaches to the caliper so they face in a little more, this gave me more room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Thank you. I'll try that!!

sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
There are also brake pad retaining pins that push them out try bending them down then putting them on they should fit flush i did this on the driver side an with no spacers its good the passenger side i just twisted then (bad idea) now it rubs the back of the caliper cover makes this aweful noise and i put spacers on thinking it was the cover occasionally touching the rim
Nope i just wasted my time an accidentally in the dark tightened the nuts in the wrong order (not a star pattern) so i messed my up my alignment now there is vibratiom in the steering wheel not sure if its the alignment or the ****ty 5/16spacers

I plan on taking that caliper cover off bending down the pins then putting the cover back on taking both spacers off then getting my alignment fixed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Are you guys sure that they fit with the stock rims? I have 'em on my Roush however there is a lot of room between the caliper and wheel.
On my wifes 14, there doesn't seem to be much room for covers.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

There is but its very slim especially up front where they have the brake pad retaining pins

Old 04-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I just installed these on my ride and I think its the back one's that are scrapping. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
andrev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrev6 View Post
I just installed these on my ride and I think its the back one's that are scrapping. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

It's prob one of the silver brackets scrapping the top of the rotor. At least in my case that's what it was. Took me a few times of repositioning that to get the noise to stop. Maybe that will help.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Exactly what was happening to mine too, I bought some cheap spacers from summit (I always go in there thinking I'll spend a few bucks and then I walk out putting hundreds of dollars of things in my trunk) but they didn't help, come to find out it just was lose and hitting the rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using, my iPhone
MikeMcDema05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

For those that are unsure of if the caliper blocks dust let my show you this picture, the dirty part is from when i didnt have the calipers on thats about 2 weeks worth of dust on there for me, i did a bad job of cleaning ny rims, just stuck my hand in with a rag didnt clean behind the rim you can clearly see the difference now having said that after putting on the caliper covers i hadnt washed my car in about 3 weeks, one week of which my car did sit without being driven, but this goes to show the difference in dust left on the rims with and without caliper covers before my rims got nasty now they always look new

Old 04-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt just clean this though i was adjusting my caliper and saw this an realized i forgot to wash behind the spokes before i out the calipers on a few weeks ago,
This proves the calipers work wonders,
Btw the inside of the caliper cover was coated in a thick *** layer of brake dust lmao

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1429107891092.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	180056  
Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

hi guys i just had a caliper cover couple weeks ago i installed them and i didnt take the wheels its really easy to install for me because i got after market wheels but the problem im havinng right now is the clip is touching the rotor on both rear side and its making some weird sound when i run my car especially when i try to slow down you can hear the sound that clip touchin the rotor does anyone have a problem like this?

mhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhel View Post
hi guys i just had a caliper cover couple weeks ago i installed them and i didnt take the wheels its really easy to install for me because i got after market wheels but the problem im havinng right now is the clip is touching the rotor on both rear side and its making some weird sound when i run my car especially when i try to slow down you can hear the sound that clip touchin the rotor does anyone have a problem like this?

Yes I did. I mentioned earlier in this post. All I had to do was reposition the clip a little bit to make sure there was clearance with the clip and top of rotor.

2013 Race Red V6 Premium. 35% window tint, racing stripes, Raxiom interior LED dome lights, Raxiom license plate LED lights, MMD taillight trim, MMD Classic louvers, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights, Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, upper and lower black modern billet grilles, MGP caliper covers, Ford Boss302 strut tower brace, MMD hood struts, 19" staggered black Axim MMD wheels with Pirelli tires.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

i guess im just gonna take the wheels of so i can do it properly

mhel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang