Ghost cam tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thanks., bb!
Is your exhaust note changed with the stage 2? Thank You!
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowa View Post
Thanks., bb!
Is your exhaust note changed with the stage 2? Thank You!
It did when I had stock parts and just the exhaust and sounded even better when I got my LT headers and prochamber. Mostly because of the lope effect.
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
It did when I had stock parts and just the exhaust and sounded even better when I got my LT headers and prochamber. Mostly because of the lope effect.
I see. Thx.
Just spoke to Ken at MPT. Sticking with the 11. Take care
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. Youll have to post a vid I haven't seen the 1 yet.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

so u guys seem to know about the tune . which would be the safest and best for a auto 2014 5.0 with the cats still on who should i order the tune from and how much should i be looking to pay?
Old 03-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Stage 2 is the highest for an automatic transmission if you already have a tuner you can order from mpt, for about 125. If you dont have a tuner you can order a tuner from them and add on the ghost cam for 50
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
so u guys seem to know about the tune . which would be the safest and best for a auto 2014 5.0 with the cats still on who should i order the tune from and how much should i be looking to pay?
They only make (1) Ghost for GT's.
It's gonna sound sick, too.
Good Luck!!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
My buddy has a sick 2012 5.0 with that tune. Very very nice sounding.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Ok BB,
For a while I just considered playing the videos audio at red lights, but that got to troublesome! Lol I'm interested in getting the tune. Does Bama performance make this? I have a free tunes for life with em

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Stage 2 is the highest for an automatic transmission if you already have a tuner you can order from mpt, for about 125. If you dont have a tuner you can order a tuner from them and add on the ghost cam for 50
even with my factory cats on.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Ok BB,
For a while I just considered playing the videos audio at red lights, but that got to troublesome! Lol I'm interested in getting the tune. Does Bama performance make this? I have a free tunes for life with em

That's pretty funny, yet kind of awesome haha. Im not sure about BAMA, haven't dealt with them personally. I like MPT so far so I haven't had to look anywhere else for the moment.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok BB,

MPT.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yep looks like Bama doesn't offer the gc tune right now. Il look into mpt

Old 03-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Yep looks like Bama doesn't offer the gc tune right now. Il look into mpt

Old 03-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

have fun...!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered my ghost cam tune on Wednesday, MPT said it should be here later today! Pumped to get it in, video hopefully to come later

Old 03-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Ordered my ghost cam tune on Wednesday, MPT said it should be here later today! Pumped to get it in, video hopefully to come later

Are you running off road? definitely post some vids. what stage did you get?
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im thinking about getting that RTR chin spoiler, it makes it look really aggressive. Looks good though!
Thank You! profit it first!!! I got the knock off. On eBay.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Are you running off road? definitely post some vids. what stage did you get?

No off road (yet). I know MPT used to have 3 tunes for the ghost cam. They combined the three into one so its only one tune now

Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No off road (yet). I know MPT used to have 3 tunes for the ghost cam. They combined the three into one so its only one tune now

Really interesting, are you driving it everyday with gc? I hope it's safe for your cats..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I wont be running this tune everyday as its my DD. I just put the tune on and honestly i really want to run it all the time lol as far as safe for the cats, pretty sure as long as your not at idle for like 30 min. then floor it, it will be safe. The guys at MPT seconded that. putting up the vid now, it sounds awesome with the borla exhaust dude
Old 03-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Ghost Cam tune
Attached Files
Old 03-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ghost Cam tune
Video won't play man try posting it in YouTube and post the link.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Video won't play man try posting it in YouTube and post the link.

Played fine for me...and sounded real good!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Played fine for me...and sounded real good!
Hmmm when I try to play, it downloaded to my phone and won't play.. Hey how's the wheels holding up?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmm when I try to play, it downloaded to my phone and won't play.. Hey how's the wheels holding up?

Just fine! Haven't taken it out much due to the lousy whether. I try to take it out at least once a week just to charge up the battery and wear the rust off the rotors.
I'm liking those rims more and more everyday.
(I'm on my home PC with surround sound.)
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Just fine! Haven't taken it out much due to the lousy whether. I try to take it out at least once a week just to charge up the battery and wear the rust off the rotors.
I'm liking those rims more and more everyday.
(I'm on my home PC with surround sound.)
Nice man glad you like them, I wish I could play the video.. Very interested getting the ghost cam but I'm afraid that it would toast my cats..
Old 03-28-2015, 12:44 AM   #63
rob.james.arias

I purchased my Ghost cam tune a few weeks ago. So far I have not had any luck with getting a reliable tune. I am on the 7th or 8th revision from MPT. It seems my car just doesn't like the tune.

The guys at MPT have been super awesome with customer service and quick revisions. Unfortunately I have had rpm surging issues (manual transmission) in neutral or at idle, knock and piston slap in idle, pinging under load and the latest version won't lope at all with an idle hunting between 800-1000 rpm.

The MPT 93 performance tune from them is awesome on the other hand. I could not be more happy with a tune and am running this now as a dd.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:20 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im thinking about getting that RTR chin spoiler, it makes it look really aggressive. Looks good though!
Thank You, very much!!
PRE-FIT first...trust me. Ebay has it half the price of RTR. Enjoy. [watch driveways, too]
Old 04-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Hey guys I didn't want to open a new thread about this since this is kinda related. Do you guys think the ghost cam is worth it? I love the sound but the thing is I don't have a tuner and if I bought the tuner from MPT with ghost cam tune it would be around 450 or go with bama CAI bundle which can save me about 150 bucks.
mutaz102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutaz102 View Post
Hey guys I didn't want to open a new thread about this since this is kinda related. Do you guys think the ghost cam is worth it? I love the sound but the thing is I don't have a tuner and if I bought the tuner from MPT with ghost cam tune it would be around 450 or go with bama CAI bundle which can save me about 150 bucks.
Thought bama was working on a ghost cam tune. If so, you could update when available unless of course it comes at a premium cost.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang