Ghost cam tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ghost cam tune

http://youtu.be/iHU-1pP4fC8

Vid I made with my mac lt headers and mac prochamber o/r pipe. Roush ABs. Mpt street tune with ghost cam lope.
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
sounds cool! I remember reading somewhere the ghost cam tune wasn't good in the long run or something... any thoughts on that?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

Super noob, but i have no idea what ghost cam tune is or what it is for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Super noob, but i have no idea what ghost cam tune is or what it is for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It gives the lope effect we came to know and love with high performance cams in our classic muscle cars.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
sounds cool! I remember reading somewhere the ghost cam tune wasn't good in the long run or something... any thoughts on that?

I won't have it on all the time, I just wanted to try it out to hear the sound, it's so beast in person. I know some other people that have it on all the time, the only problem I've heard is it might blow the cats, but I don't have any anymore...
Old 03-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
After back and forth chatting with a rep from MPT, i was informed that the ghost cam tune is safe as long as the cats are not on the car. Even when used for a long period of time
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good by the way, what stage ghost cam?
Old 03-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Sounds quite impressive, but does it shake the car?
Old 03-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Sounds good by the way, what stage ghost cam?

Stage 2, max for autos. And thanks, It sounds better in person though...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post

Oh yeah! But in a good way

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh yeah! But in a good way. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I wanna get this one but I still have the cats on, Mass won't allow us to take the cats off sounds impressive man..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
Oh yeah! But in a good way. Thanks!
Damn. Yeah for sure a good thing. Love it when people ask, "Why is your car shaking?" at a stop sign/light.

Haha... I pulled up to some racing in Mexico Saturday night and was immediately asked by the GM guys if I was ghost cammed. I guess the ghost cam tuning is becoming quite common in the DOHC 'Stangs.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I wanna get this one but I still have the cats on, Mass won't allow us to take the cats off sounds impressive man..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
I had this tune on with my stock set up, I think it will be fine as long as you don't let it idle for too long at a time. I usually use mine for shows or meets.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn. Yeah for sure a good thing. Love it when people ask, "Why is your car shaking?" at a stop sign/light.

Haha... I pulled up to some racing in Mexico Saturday night and was immediately asked by the GM guys if I was ghost cammed. I guess the ghost cam tuning is becoming quite common in the DOHC 'Stangs.

I might be the only person in San Antonio to have this tune, but I could be wrong. Havent heard it yet, but I know my buddy might get one soon.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #14
rob.james.arias

Quote:
After back and forth chatting with a rep from MPT, i was informed that the ghost cam tune is safe as long as the cats are not on the car. Even when used for a long period of time
I also spoke with MPT (Ken) in great length. It is safe with cats as well, he suggests not letting it idle for more than 45 minutes if you have cats.

In the real world that would never happen. I feel pretty good with cats that this tune is ok especially since I never idle more than a few minutes at a time.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
I also spoke with MPT (Ken) in great length. It is safe with cats as well, he suggests not letting it idle for more than 45 minutes if you have cats.

In the real world that would never happen. I feel pretty good with cats that this tune is ok especially since I never idle more than a few minutes at a time.
^ This
Old 03-11-2015, 05:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

just curious, but what's the reason behind it being bad for the cats?

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I believe it has something to do with the Ghost Cam dumping extra unburnt fuel into the exhaust system, which can damage cats. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong
Old 03-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe it has something to do with the Ghost Cam dumping extra unburnt fuel into the exhaust system, which can damage cats. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong
I would believe it has something to do with the valve overlap, but I wouldn't know for certain. I know I posted something about them a while back and someone commented about what would happen to the cats if it idled to long, ill check back on that.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

From a previous post from Whitelighting:

You mean MPT right? It's only harsh on the cam solenoids and phasers. It's only harsh because they have to overlap, instead of putting on a steady oil pressure. Potential of over fueling is also an issue. You can daily drive it if you don't mind the bucking. Also will burn cats out if they are installed
Old 03-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The only downside from the better tuners is rich idle which can shorten the life of your wideband 02 sensors at 70 bucks a pop.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the info guys. I'm still a car noob with the intricate stuff here, so I'm learning as we go.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ghost cam tune

Holy hell that sounds bad *** dude. Best sounding exhaust idle I have heard yet

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
thanks for the info guys. I'm still a car noob with the intricate stuff here, so I'm learning as we go.

Same here man, I just research research research, and the research some more lol. Its crazy how much I have learned in the last three or four months having this stang, lots to know that's for sure. Plus that's what these forums are for right?!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Holy hell that sounds bad *** dude. Best sounding exhaust idle I have heard yet

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thanks man! Those new additions really make the stang sound so much more aggressive than just having the Roush Abs on. Its a very loud set up, but I love it. Even when I have the Race tune on without the ghost cam, because the stock throttle response blows, it still sounds amazing.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Same here man, I just research research research, and the research some more lol. Its crazy how much I have learned in the last three or four months having this stang, lots to know that's for sure. Plus that's what these forums are for right?!
yup! so did you do those headers yourself and the midpipe, or bring it somewhere to get it done?
Old 03-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I might be the only person in San Antonio to have this tune, but I could be wrong. Havent heard it yet, but I know my buddy might get one soon.
depending on how long ago you installed it I might have had you beat. I installed my ghost cam around Jan 2014. I've been running that tune since then as my DD and even drove it from texas to california without a single problem. defi a head turner and I always get people asking me questions.
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
OP.:
I just ordered my ghost stage 1 for my DD...been listening to stage 2's ===wicked. But I have to worry about the shake -with my wife!!
Getting it Friday. I guess I can change to Stage 2...but I would want to drive it alllllll the time.
Smart to just stay with 1, or, 2 would be fine as a DD? Loping at the lights here is a slight concern.
Thank You, very much!!
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan_Evo View Post
depending on how long ago you installed it I might have had you beat. I installed my ghost cam around Jan 2014. I've been running that tune since then as my DD and even drove it from texas to california without a single problem. defi a head turner and I always get people asking me questions.
I think I got mine around the same time, dec or jan. I haven't used it very much until recently getting the cats removed. I went to a meet last night, and everyone thought I was running an v8 with that tune and set up, it sounds so sick.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowa View Post
OP.:
I just ordered my ghost stage 1 for my DD...been listening to stage 2's ===wicked. But I have to worry about the shake -with my wife!!
Getting it Friday. I guess I can change to Stage 2...but I would want to drive it alllllll the time.
Smart to just stay with 1, or, 2 would be fine as a DD? Loping at the lights here is a slight concern.
Thank You, very much!!
You will love it, it really is a head turner. I have the 2 on right now and it shakes a bit. Its just loud with my set up, but I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. Loping at the lights is always fun because people are always going to turn and look ha.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Cool bb
I can't decide between stage 2 or 1 and since Neither will damage my car ...how bad is the shake gonna be. Is stage 1 no shake ...and stage 2 a ton of Shake?
Thx man. Take care
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
Old 03-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool bb
I can't decide between stage 2 or 1 and since Neither will damage my car ...how bad is the shake gonna be. Is stage 1 no shake ...and stage 2 a ton of Shake?
Thx man. Take care
Well I haven't personally seen a stage 1 yet, but for mine its not too bad, people that ride with me don't seem to complain about it. When stopped it does jerk a bit, I have an auto, but nothing too bad that I would want to switch. I'm sure if you aren't satisfied you can get it adjusted to fit your needs. Your car looks nice from the profile pic! did you paint the hood?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I haven't personally seen a stage 1 yet, but for mine its not too bad, people that ride with me don't seem to complain about it. When stopped it does jerk a bit, I have an auto, but nothing too bad that I would want to switch. I'm sure if you aren't satisfied you can get it adjusted to fit your needs. Your car looks nice from the profile pic! did you paint the hood?
Thxs for the info. My wife likes to nap after a hard day teaching young ones.. Shake- possible problem maker.
Is yours a DD?
I may try 2 and then change it if iits overwhelming...
Yes, painted flat black. I got looks before- now always!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	710.8 KB
ID:	177238  
Old 03-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thxs for the info. My wife likes to nap after a hard day teaching young ones.. Shake- possible problem maker.
Is yours a DD?
I may try 2 and then change it if iits overwhelming...
Yes, painted flat black. I got looks before- now always!
Looks really nice, and that from bumper too!

Yes mine is my DD, bought it new about 4 or 5 months ago. Yeah usually when I bring a girl in I get mixed reactions... lol
Old 03-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I better stick with stage 1.

Yes stock bumper. Spoiler is a RTR knockoff.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I better stick with stage 1.

Yes stock bumper. Spoiler is a RTR knockoff.
Im thinking about getting that RTR chin spoiler, it makes it look really aggressive. Looks good though!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang