Yet another tune review - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #71
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP - I've got faith. Work with them on this. These cars are too smart for their own good and this isn't like things used to be you could run out, make a carb adjustment and call it a night. It's a tedious process but they should be able to get you setup.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
Honestly i got mine because when i installed the cai and tb my car idled very high the rpms wouldnt return to normal as regular speeds(it took about 5 min to go from 3k to 1k in nuetral and if i dropped my clutch in second from a stop my car would pull itself all the way up to 30mph which its right hah so i didnt have time to get a handheld i took it to a tuner watched him tune it and we talked the whole time about handheld vs dyno and the benefits and disadvantages considering he uses handhelds to data log for the dyno as the best possible scenario

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So you are saying you do not have a handheld tuner in your car but he tuned your car?

And there is only one guarantee in life is that there are no guarantees.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Idk why people keep buying these pre made tunes and expect them to be awesome? Its like buying a cookie cutter piece its not gonna work the exact same for everyone, honestly id say just find a good tuner and have your car dyno tuned that way its your cars individual best tune not some tune a guy made on a computer plugging in the parts you have on your car but real runs with atmospheric temps actually tuning your car just my .02

Quote:
In the real world you drive with wind in atmospheric conditions not something some guy coded himself from states away, that is why a custom tune will be better, its tailored to your car its smoother not nearly as many issues as well as doesnt take you guessing with a map some dude jotted up damage your engine while you run it ie the piston slapping and wait for him to tweek it using data logs and guestimation, so yes its more real world you are in your local area actually using the car and adjusting real time, and at least the shop i go to cost as much as one of the mpt tunes if not less 265 an hour to be approximate

Sorry, opinion as this is, its all wrong. I have made an emailed several tunes for different people, and what you call "cookie cutter" is what i call a "base map." I have written, i **** you not, thousands of mazdaspeed tunes. Literally any mazdaspeed owner can come to me, and i can write them a map without ever having looked at their car - assuming it is in good working order - and never think twice about it. Not because i am a super badass tuner, but because i have seen it enough to know what works and what doesn't. From there, the customer is either happy, or they would like revisions, at which point we datalog. An email tune IS a custom tune. I am specifically looking at your logs, from your car, and writing a tune the exact same as i would on a dyno. I honestly prefer the street. Dyno cells don't always load properly, i have had a car tuned to a perfect 25 psi on the dyno, and the first pull on the street was well over 28 psi...

Where i am going with all that, is i am one person doing this in my free time. MPT, Steeda, Bama, whomever, are large companies that have easily seen several times over the logs i have, and have written several tunes over. These guys can all likely write a tune in their sleep, and believe it or not guys, Your car is not special. Damn near every intake / cat delete car will work within a very specific range. I can write a map and put it on a car and tell you to the RPM what boost it will be hitting. I understand people may feel more comfortable with a dyno tune for whatever reason, but thats the truth of it.

Quote:
Not saying they wont get you started in the right general area but you cant expect some guy hundreds of miles away to be able to give you a perfect solid tune within about 3 adjustments and those 3 adjustments could seriously damage your engine, now if you put mods on your car get the tunes and use them to drive to a dyno i understand but wot on an tune like that is asking to damage your engine, your better off going to a dyno and getting it dialed in for your car and area rather than blowing your engine, theres a reason they dont offer a warranty for their tunes on your engine the shop i go to garuntees you wont have issues with the engine nor a blown engine for a year no matter how drastic the tune, just saying you cant really bash a tuner who is writing your tunes so far away with no dyno just maps not fair to expect so much from them, and i believe the fastest mpt cars were dynoed and tuned by mpt just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
measured afr bank 1
measured afr bank 2
ect deg F
lambse b1
lambse b2
lt fuel trim b1
lt fuel trim b2
maf frequency
rpm
load
st fuel trim b1
st fuel trim b2
spark advance
knock
Variable cam timing exhaust bank 1
Variable cam timing intake bank 1
commanded gear (auto trans only)
torque converter desired slip (auto trans only)
throttle angle actual
throttle angle desired
pedal position
If you happen to have any of those old logs saved, would you mind posting them up? I would like to see what kind of knock and pinging we are looking at, including what fuel you were running, sorry i cant remember if you were 91 or 93. I've made it no secret i am a fan of MPT tunes, but i would like to see if there are some issues people need to be aware of. Thank you.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #74
rob.james.arias

I don't have them on my new macbook, that said I do have several of the tune files saved on my sct. I could always load one up and data-log again but I am not sure I want to put my car through that again.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:04 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i understand. Maybe its possible to pull them off your email server or something, but its hardly worth the effort at that point. Thanks though.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang