Windshield wipers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Windshield wipers

Hello

Time to replace the original wiper blades.

Recommendations.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I got some Anco wiper blades last year; they seem pretty good.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Rain X, I just put them on before the winter, and I've used my car all winter, perfect streak free.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I don't know man, every time I go for new ones I end up shelling out big money for the ones that "look" like they work better and have great packaging etc...I feel like I'm treating myself and taking great care of my Mustang. But is there any real difference? Or am I just blowing $15 too much.
Anyone have consumer reports subscription with results where they tested them and came up with a winner?
Otherwise it's like asking which ladder is better.... I don't know dude, they all get me four feet higher than I was.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sometimes cleaning them helps extend their useful life a bit.
Here's consumers report ratings...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	177096
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Watched a few reviews online and I think I'm going with the Rain x latitude in the Spring.
I will warn about this though, their other product, the Rain X windshield washer fluid additive was awful for me. It created haze and streaks and didn't give results like when you actually treat your glass with Rain X. It didn't make it bead and fly off, just smear and haze. I couldn't flush it out of the reservoir fast enough. I went back to regular washer fluid and no additives.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Watched a few reviews online and I think I'm going with the Rain x latitude in the Spring.
I will warn about this though, their other product, the Rain X windshield washer fluid additive was awful for me. It created haze and streaks and didn't give results like when you actually treat your glass with Rain X. It didn't make it bead and fly off, just smear and haze. I couldn't flush it out of the reservoir fast enough. I went back to regular washer fluid and no additives.
That's interesting. My last few vehicles I have treated the windshield with RainX (not the washer fluid, mind you) and often times find it easier to leave the wipers off than have them on. Rain flies off so fast that the wipers are more distracting than the rain drops.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #8
Registered Member

I wouldn't use anything other than typical washer fluid, but when it comes to the wipers, I've had them on since October 2014, and my car has been used all winter so far, and we've had severely low temps here in NJ, and I used this morning to clear frost, and streak free still. I had also asked before I changed them , and they came highly recommended, and I'm glad I followed the recommendations.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
I wouldn't use anything other than typical washer fluid, but when it comes to the wipers, I've had them on since October 2014, and my car has been used all winter so far, and we've had severely low temps here in NJ, and I used this morning to clear frost, and streak free still. I had also asked before I changed them , and they came highly recommended, and I'm glad I followed the recommendations.
Good to know. My drivers side just started streaking, but these appear to be OEM blades at 34k, lol. I remember when I was in college and worked at Advance Auto Parts, we would get $2/blade for selling Bosch Icons, so $4/set, $6 if you could talk them into replacing the rear blade on SUVs. Not unusual for me to have an extra $100 on a paycheck from commissions (for comparison, we also got $2 for selling an Optima battery... which cost 6x as much as a wiper blade).

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
That's interesting. My last few vehicles I have treated the windshield with RainX (not the washer fluid, mind you) and often times find it easier to leave the wipers off than have them on. Rain flies off so fast that the wipers are more distracting than the rain drops.
No, the actual real RainX that you apply by hand to your glass works awesome...just like you said, but their other product, the washer fluid additive...it doesn't act the same way at all and made it worse.
RainX original wipe on treatment= sweet stuff
Old 03-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I did the rain x latitude. costs like 45 bucks total because i had to buy each blade separately, but pep boys had a rebate deal and I got half the price back in a gift card. they seem to work well. much better than the stock ones

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Rain X

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Also Bosch triforce are real good

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've had great luck with Rain X blades. And I use their fluid as well that contains the Rain-X treatment for the glass. It works well.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Also, for those in colder climes, resist the urge to use the wipers to break off ice/slush...that tears up the rubber or silicone edge and really shortens blade life.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
That only happens to me on the first gallon. In all the vehicles I've ever owned

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I removed my windshield wipers completely. They come off in 10 seconds. I put them back on when it rains.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:34 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I removed my windshield wipers completely. They come off in 10 seconds. I put them back on when it rains.
hahahaha seriously? why?

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 03-11-2015, 06:09 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
hahahaha seriously? why?

Weight reduction Bro!

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

lolol track day bro!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang