My Cars has Issues... please help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My Cars has Issues... please help

So i am not sure if this is normal or anything but when my car gets below 50% oil life like right at 49% or becomes 2500 miles near the next oil change my car becomes the biggest ***** in the world and will not take off or go fast at all it taste awhile to get up to speed. my car is 100% stock is this normal to happen like does the computer limit power at points in oil life? also i have noticed if i drive my car like a economy car for like a week it will act like a economy car and wont even beat a Prius i swear my car has a period.
Scott2byrd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Its the computer learning and remembering your driving habits. Try pulling fuse 47 and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I will pull it before I leave work and test it on the drive home

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2byrd3 View Post
Thanks I will pull it before I leave work and test it on the drive home

Pull it for 10 to 15 minutes and you should be good to go. Don't know about the oil life issue you mentioned.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The funny thing about this computer learning thing (and I know it does exist), I have never experienced any noticeable symptoms with my basically stock car.
I drive pretty easy most of the time but whenever I gun it, it takes off like a bullet.
Maybe it's the gunning it that makes the difference.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Also, what is your mileage looking like, what type of oil and stuff have you been using, have you been changing your air filter, etc? All of these little things can contribute to a poor performing car. Also, maybe the car is getting bad gas and might need some fuel system cleaning. It could be many things. Luckily, some of these things can be cheap to try/check.

It could be the oil that is being used, becomes complete crud after a certain amount of use. Again, could be many things.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have 54,000 miles on the car I change the oil every 8 - 10 on full synthetic I don't get the cheap stuff a Ford filter the oil looks new even though it has about 9k on it and smells new I changed the filter not long ago and when I bought the car at 43,000 I cleaned the fuel system

Old 03-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook

Does your car have any mods? Like a tune or anything?
Old 03-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

No 100% stock no tune going to get one soon along with axle backs

Old 03-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So i am not sure if this is normal or anything but when my car gets below 50% oil life like right at 49% or becomes 2500 miles near the next oil change my car becomes the biggest ***** in the world and will not take off or go fast at all it taste awhile to get up to speed. my car is 100% stock is this normal to happen like does the computer limit power at points in oil life? also i have noticed if i drive my car like a economy car for like a week it will act like a economy car and wont even beat a Prius i swear my car has a period.
So are you saying that after the oil change the problem goes away?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Yea, not much then that could be an issue besides the car putting itself in a "Granny" mode. Because usually, after a few drives the car will relearn or adjust to the style of driving. So if you drive conservatively for a week, that is plenty of time for it to adjust all of the fuel/air/spark ratios for the best gas mileage instead of performance.

Try pulling fuse 47 and check back in if it changes anything. You could always try something else like Royal Purple oil and filter. My car has been running like a champ with that.

You could also disconnect the battery for an hour or so but this will also reset everything else. Like radio presets, avg mpgs (if you are tracking it), etc. This is the method I used to use on my old 3000GT because that thing ALWAYS needed work.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The 47 pull worked thanks it was a blast driving home

Old 03-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook

No problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Regular

Is this for the fuses on the inside or the ones under the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
efrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain View Post
Is this for the fuses on the inside or the ones under the hood?
Under the hood. There's also a mod out there for splicing in a relay that cuts the power to the circuit controlled by fuse 47 each time the car is turned off. In effect, it's a fuse pull each time you park the car.

EDIT: Here's the website I used for the build: http://paddedwall.org/2012Mustang/Transmission.aspx
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The implication is that it happen more than once, which also implies that it was okay after the oil change.
Was that true or not?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Change your oil every 5k and that problem is solved.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #18
Kevin.Cook

Even though synthetic should get you to 10k miles, I still change my oil every 5-7k. Even though I use Royal Purple. I never like waiting till the last second when it comes to my Daily Driver. $70 for an early oil change is alot better then thousands for a brand new engine+install.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I do mine every 4-5k(~10 weeks), with the motorcraft blend. I'm usually in the high 60% range at change.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

So quick note before I pulled 47 I was making 23mpg and now I am getting 26mpg and driving faster... Ford logic got to love it :3

Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So quick note before I pulled 47 I was making 23mpg and now I am getting 26mpg and driving faster... Ford logic got to love it :3

Just to satisfy my curiosity...Did your cars' power come back after the oil changes, as you implied?
Old 03-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Have not changed the oil only pulled 47 the power came back,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang