Longtube header question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matts14fp6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 198
Longtube header question

Do the Mac longtube headers have the same problem as the bbk's do with o2 sensors?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
I haven't heard of any issues. The Macs may retain the factory O2 sensor location which means there is no need for extensions. From what I've been told, the extensions are usually the cause behind the CEL

Sent from the Death Star.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post
Do the Mac longtube headers have the same problem as the bbk's do with o2 sensors?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

a few people have had issues with the bbk but again theres a lot of people who havent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I haven't heard of any issues. The Macs may retain the factory O2 sensor location which means there is no need for extensions. From what I've been told, the extensions are usually the cause behind the CEL

Sent from the Death Star.
whats happening is o2 sensor failure, but the majority of the time the light is from the tuner not turning off the rear o2's
__________________

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
whats happening is o2 sensor failure, but the majority of the time the light is from the tuner not turning off the rear o2's
Oh ok. I have Borla headers and haven't had any issues.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matts14fp6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 198
I like the borla option if only they were ceramic coated instead of stainless steal for a grand


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Oh ok. I have Borla headers and haven't had any issues.

Aren't the Borlas only 1 1/4" primaries?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
bbowman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 139
I just installed the MAC LTs and I needed extensions on mine. No problems with it yet and ive run a few tunes on it already. Even WOT a few times and nothing bad so far.
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post
I like the borla option if only they were ceramic coated instead of stainless steal for a grand


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You could always send them out for coating. Personally I'd rather have the stainless borla than ceramic coated mild steel Mac or bbk LT.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I think we need to get some temp readings to see if there is a substantial difference on our v6s when using either ceramic or chrome. Because if the difference is tiny, might as well go with chrome for $100 less. Cuz where its at, hardly anyone is gonna see it.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I think we need to get some temp readings to see if there is a substantial difference on our v6s when using either ceramic or chrome. Because if the difference is tiny, might as well go with chrome for $100 less. Cuz where its at, hardly anyone is gonna see it.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The ceramic run really cool very noticeable under hood temps


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I actually saw a video where someone showed what their chrome bbk headers looked like after a few weeks. Thing was nearly all blue. No thanks! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matts14fp6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 198
Longtube header question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
You could always send them out for coating. Personally I'd rather have the stainless borla than ceramic coated mild steel Mac or bbk LT.

If rather buy the borla, but seeing as my daily driving conditions, the underhood temps get up there and paying almost 1k for a part and then spending several hundred to get it coated just isn't my style


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post
If rather buy the borla, but seeing as my daily driving conditions, the underhood temps get up there and paying almost 1k for a part and then spending several hundred to get it coated just isn't my style


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
The difference is the borla being stainless steel, they will out last your car. The bbk, Mac, etc using not stainless always opens the door to rusting out and needing to be replaced.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
The difference is the borla being stainless steel, they will out last your car. The bbk, Mac, etc using not stainless always opens the door to rusting out and needing to be replaced.
9 out of 10 people won't have their cars long enough to see that. Borla are great but I believe Mac or bbk ceramic if not abused will give anyone their $500 dollars worth of service


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Longtube Header question 5pointOh 2011-2014 Mustang GT 54 07-12-2014 02:39 PM
Bbk longtube header install Chasafire888 1996-2004 Mustang GT 6 01-15-2014 09:46 PM
Longtube header HP gains. Zeek 2011-2014 Mustang GT 13 11-09-2012 09:10 PM
Longtube header question? WhiteCobra94 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 07-27-2011 04:34 PM
Longtube header question Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 06-18-2011 07:47 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.