How much can I sell my seats for? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
How much can I sell my seats for?

I was thinking about buying a set of recaros with a possible rear seat delete. How much and where would be the best place to sell my base cloth seats at (<4000 miles)?

Have you or anyone you've seen sold the cloth seats successfully?
lisl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
No idea how much seats would go for, but I would bet you would be better off keeping your cloth seats to reinstall when you get rid of car, then selling the recaros separately, as opposed to selling the stock seats. The recaros will obviously have a bigger market if they are still in good shape when you are done with them.

Also, if you try to trade in your car without its rear seat, the dealer will likely ding you on the trade in value.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

If you still have them in a couple of months, i will buy them. Just broke right now due to moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

I'd just want the driver and passenger seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
How much can I sell my seats for?

Yeah I see brand new take out seats like yours (base) listed on eBay for 5-700 but they sit forever. I recovered mine with factory leather and thought maybe I could sell the practically new cloth covers and people who did the same thing as me have them listed on eBay for next to nothing and they don't sell. Like 75 bucks. These won't be in demand until our cars start racking up the years and miles and people start to want replacements. But even then base model cloth isn't going to fetch much.

I think as mentioned before, keep your originals. Get your recaros and seat delete. Then if ever you want to sell your car you can re-install your practically new seats and people will love how good the interior looks. Then sell the used recaros and seat delete for a decent amount. You would see less loss this way. I always keep my stock parts for this reason. My last vehicle was stripped and put back to stock before I traded it in and I was able to sell all my aftermarket stuff very easily and quickly and flip that money back into my new ride.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hey thanks for the advice guys..I'll definitely take that into consideration. What would your offer be in a couple months if I still have them Kevin?
lisl12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang