Shocks and Struts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Region: Texas
Smile Shocks and Struts

So I am having a little problem. I lowered my car using SVE lowering springs. 1.5 inch drop all around. I bought the J&M Pandhard bar as well as Strut Tower brace. Put them all on about 2 months ago. I started getting a clicking noise while turning the wheel. I originally thought it was the inner tie rod or the rack and pinion assembly. I took in to firestone to get checked, the guy there told me its due to the lowering springs, it makes a clicking noise sometimes with the OEM struts. Has anyone had experience with this? I am looking at getting Steeda Pro Action shock and strut kit. Has anyone had experience with these specifically with SVE lowering springs or 1.5 drop? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

john21martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
What do you mean by clicking noise?
I know I've seen some people post about a clunking noise towards the rear(I think) and that it gets fixed by getting a better uca.

Katy Texas

Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Georgia

Does this describe what you are experiencing?

After I lowered my 2012 mustang, I immediately started experiencing popping sounds when I took turns. I looked all over the net trying to find strut mounts to correct the problem. Not an easy task for a 2012, until I found these awesome caster plates by Steeda. 100 folds better and durable than the stuck strut mounts and better than any else on the market today. I strongly recommend these if you are experiencing the same with you 2011 and up lowered mustang or if your planning to lower your stang. - See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Mustang Upper Strut Mounts - Made in the USA 555-8135 - Free Shipping!
More than likely ... you will need to replace your mounts. Let me know if I can help you with set & if you would like to improve the ride even further ... then the Steeda Pro Action Shocks & Struts will add this to the package:

Exceptional ride quality
Properly valved for your Mustang
Better ride than competing brands
Engineered & manufactured to exceed OE standards
Great for street and track action!
Lifetime warranty
Made in USA
- See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Mustang Pro-Action Shocks and Struts 555-8405-11 - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang