My new wheels!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My new wheels!!!

Finally bit the bullet and ordered my first new set of wheels ever, the 19" MMD Black Axim Staggered Pirelli combo from AM. I decided to go with these because I don't see to many people that are getting this setup plus I love the way they look. At least that's my opinion. Just thought I would share some pics for you all! Let me know what you think.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426636021.430241.jpg
Views:	1369
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	177722Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426636038.030169.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	177723Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426636049.229607.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	177724Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426636070.475237.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	177725
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426636110.808655.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	177726  
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Dude those perfectly accent the color theme of the car, what wheels did you have before? This looks like a finishing touch! Also not to mention, but cleaning those rims looks soo much easier than my stock base rims
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They look great in my opinion! You thinking about lowering it to get rid of that wheel gap?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

My new wheels!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
Dude those perfectly accent the color theme of the car, what wheels did you have before? This looks like a finishing touch! Also not to mention, but cleaning those rims looks soo much easier than my stock base rims

I had just the stock 17". I plasti-dipped them black to see how I would like the black rims before I bought some. I loved the look, then just had to wait to save up some money and here we are today! 😄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
They look great in my opinion! You thinking about lowering it to get rid of that wheel gap?

Maybe down the road. I was just talking to my wife about that too, lol, and it's on my list just have a few things ahead of that(tune, gears, ect.)
Old 03-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

For me personally, I spend the time with my car driving it not really showing off so appearance mods are on the backburner for me for a while..Although a WH+TR set/springs can be counted towards both, theres a sense of satisfaction when a stock v6 pulls up to me and we both look stock on the outside but those 3.73 gears with a tune and CAI really put things into perspective, puts a smile on me every time lol
Old 03-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For me personally, I spend the time with my car driving it not really showing off so appearance mods are on the backburner for me for a while..Although rims/springs can be counted towards both, theres a sense of satisfaction when a stock v6 pulls up to me and we both look stock on the outside but those 3.73 gears with a tune and CAI really put things into perspective, puts a smile on me every time lol

I hear you! I can't wait to get get gears and a tune! I just didn't want to risk warranty issues until it was expired, that's why I did appearance first. I don't know how much longer I can wait though!!! Lol
Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
I hear you! I can't wait to get get gears and a tune! I just didn't want to risk warranty issues until it was expired, that's why I did appearance first. I don't know how much longer I can wait though!!! Lol
I have my appointment to do my gears @ 3.73 this Friday at Steeda Autosports in Pompano, FL - $550 for swap from 2.73 to 3.73 everything included (So if FL is in your 'road-trip' area, give them a call). I believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) 3.55 (or 3.33) is the shortest ratio you can swap to the gears without voiding your powertrain warranty. If you want to turbo/procharge the car in a few years down the road when a reliable system is available taken to 100k miles on our cyclone's... AND if aftermarket internals are widely available, you would want to keep a mid level gear ratio around 3.33-3.55 to retain the powerband when your plowing through the gears. So that is something to consider as well - would suck to jump up to 4.10's if your in an auto and them realize a longer gear would better suit your needs if you decide to abandon the N/A lifestyle, of course thats if you even want to keep the v6 when the 2011-14' GT's becoming appealing price wise in a few years. Also weighing in trade-in vs private party sales it can be edgy to pick a sick mod now but wont appeal to a buyers audience in the future..Options! But overall I say enjoy your car now and not please the buyer of the future; you paid for it, do whatever puts a smile on YOUR face

As far as a tune goes, its widely debated that even a Steeda tune will void your warranty based on dealerships and no-good record keepers taking pics of your car when you bring it in for service. But some have had luck...from what I gathered, become friends with your local mechanics and service managers at your closest Ford dealership and hope that if you get a tune, and have a problem later down the line, they will authorize a repair..Or lawyer up for the 'magnuson-moss act' defense lol

Sidenote - There was a unique post on the GT forums that makes 'logical sense' if you think about in it reverse (Which to buy? GT or GT500.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Since its a new generation I think it would be wise to have the warranty. There's already been one that has burned up and others with issues...
Regarding the 13 and 14 V6 cyclones, its the last minor revamp of this generation. I would be more concerned if you were thinking about voiding your 2011 because it was an initial revamp internally. But with the progress Ford has been making this last decade, unless you bought a dud, I would say meh the warranty if your almost close to expiration. I went to a local dealership to test drive a 15' 5.0 about month ago and saw this cute meme stapled on the back wall of the service counter:

Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I did tune and gears on my car when I have the extended warranty lol. But my dealer is fine with those things as long as I don't run in there with a supercharger lol.

Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Like the new look!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have my appointment to do my gears @ 3.73 this Friday at Steeda Autosports in Pompano, FL - $550 for swap from 2.73 to 3.73 everything included (So if FL is in your 'road-trip' area, give them a call). I believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) 3.55 (or 3.33) is the shortest ratio you can swap to the gears without voiding your powertrain warranty. If you want to turbo/procharge the car in a few years down the road when a reliable system is available taken to 100k miles on our cyclone's... AND if aftermarket internals are widely available, you would want to keep a mid level gear ratio around 3.33-3.55 to retain the powerband when your plowing through the gears. So that is something to consider as well - would suck to jump up to 4.10's if your in an auto and them realize a longer gear would better suit your needs if you decide to abandon the N/A lifestyle, of course thats if you even want to keep the v6 when the 2011-14' GT's becoming appealing price wise in a few years. Also weighing in trade-in vs private party sales it can be edgy to pick a sick mod now but wont appeal to a buyers audience in the future..Options! But overall I say enjoy your car now and not please the buyer of the future; you paid for it, do whatever puts a smile on YOUR face

Sidenote - There was a unique post on the GT forums that makes 'logical sense' if you think about in it reverse (Which to buy? GT or GT500.)

Regarding the 13 and 14 V6 cyclones, its the last of this generation. I would be more concerned if you were thinking about voiding your 2011 because it was an initial revamp internally. But with the progress Ford has been making this last decade, unless you bought a dud, I would say meh the warranty if your almost close to expiration. I went to a local dealership a month ago and saw this cute meme stapled on the wall of the service counter:

As far as a tune goes, its widely debated that even a Steeda tune will void your warranty based on dealerships and no-good record keepers taking pics of your car when you bring it in for service. But some have had luck...from what I gathered, become friends with your local mechanics and service managers at your closest Ford dealership and hope that if you get a tune, and have a problem later down the line, they will authorize a repair..Or lawyer up for the 'magnuson-moss act' defense lol

Yeah, in pretty good with my local dealer. They wouldn't give me an issue if I got the 3.73's and a tune as long as they did the work(ie $800 labor) just can't justify that yet. Maybe I'll check out Steeda sometime. I'm over on the west coast of Florida(naples area). May have to make a day trip someday to maybe get them to install gears. Hmmm.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I would say give Steeda a call, $800 seems like a lot around the forums here, even though $550 can seem steep initially (some folks have gotten a swap for $350) at least its done by Steeda, of all places to do a big labor job at that, turnaround time they quoted me was 4 hours with a $150 deposit the day I scheduled the appointment a week ago.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Let me know how it all goes. Like total price(parts and labor), install time. I may consider this here pretty soon. Maybe a Christmas gift this year!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let me know how it all goes. Like total price(parts and labor), install time. I may consider this here pretty soon. Maybe a Christmas gift this year!!!
Total price: Full swap all included was $550 (keep in mind I only have 6k miles on my 14 v6 so a gear-set rebuild kit might not be necessary based on the mileage as well as other parts due to mileage based action on the stock 2.73 ratio accounting for wear and tear factors... Labor+parts depends on how much miles you have racked up on yours that could affect the total price). Of course turnaround time varies but when I called Steeda and asked how they felt about 3.73's vs 3.55 in a manual transmission, they said 3.73's are the most popular option they see coming in from mid (South of Ft. Pierce) Florida so I expect that 4 hour time-frame to be accurate. If your with an automatic transmission, I would say base your preferred gear ratio swap on what type of driver you are in your mustang - (Daily driver/track only/weekend car) and see what they recommend. As mentioned, An automatic will perform well at the tracks with a 4.10 gear ratio, but might be too rough if you ever want a chill, smooth ride or want to road trip the car and not eat up the fuel costs.

I am going to write up a review here for Steeda in Pompano for the Florida drivers that want to do gear swaps once this is finished with a video as well on the before and after of the time, difference, and overall recommendation at Steeda in Pompano, FL. If I can get enough people from the forum to direct to Steeda at the Pompano location in FL, I will see if maybe they can offer a discount for forum members referred, I know there's a Steeda customer relations member here, think his name is TJ, maybe draw some more attention to their Pompano business.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm definitely going to get 3.73s. I have an auto and it is my DD. So after much research This last year or so I did find that that would be my best option.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Looks great! I have always loved the red/black combo.
dibstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
They look great!

I am actually considering getting black wheels my self. The one i have in pictures are plasti dipped and after about 6 months one of the tires kept peeling off so i ended up peeling all 4 off.

I am not a big fan of permium chrom wheels so i am definitely in the market for some black wheels. Any suggestions....ones i was looking at were $200 a piece... ouch. Considering just waiting until i have to buy tires and getting both then.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Rtr has some pretty nice looking wheels that come in black...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rtr has some pretty nice looking wheels that come in black...

Adventure till you drop
Oh snap you came here
Old 03-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Is that a problem?

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is that a problem?

Adventure till you drop
haha no, just mentioned you in a post regarding warranty on late model generations that you brought light to
Old 03-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I can't believe only 550 for a gear swap, when buying a frigging piece of plastic GT style grille with fog lights costs you about 700 dollars. ridiculous. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thumbs up

Quote:
Finally bit the bullet and ordered my first new set of wheels ever, the 19" MMD Black Axim Staggered Pirelli combo from AM. I decided to go with these because I don't see to many people that are getting this setup plus I love the way they look. At least that's my opinion. Just thought I would share some pics for you all! Let me know what you think.
Attachment 177722Attachment 177723Attachment 177724Attachment 177725
Looks like we both in the same boat. I have charcoal 20inch MMDs. And I love the way they look
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20150301_132915.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	555.5 KB
ID:	177806   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150301_133055.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	177807  

AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang001 View Post
Looks like we both in the same boat. I have charcoal 20inch MMDs. And I love the way they look

Very nice!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Attachment 177722Attachment 177723Attachment 177724Attachment 177725
Hey rringler

Thanks for taking the time to have some pictures posted up they look awesome! I'm really, really digging the Red/Black theme too. Something about this just looks right and I'm really happy to see and hear that you're enjoying your new MMD Wheels! I received your PM and shot you a reply as well!

Thanks so much for your support and loyalty!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey rringler

Thanks for taking the time to have some pictures posted up they look awesome! I'm really, really digging the Red/Black theme too. Something about this just looks right and I'm really happy to see and hear that you're enjoying your new MMD Wheels! I received your PM and shot you a reply as well!

Thanks so much for your support and loyalty!

Alex

Thanks Alex. I shot you back a PM just now. Thanks for all your help and advice as usual.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I went looking at those 19" MMD Axim wheels on AM.
I found that they have what appears to be identical wheels with identical specs but different part nos and prices for the 2015 version vs the 2010-2014 version.
When I asked on the chat what the difference was the fellow said he thought it was the offset. But when I checked the specs on each they were the same. Any idea what's different about the 2015 version, beside the price?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I went looking at those 19" MMD Axim wheels on AM.

I found that they have what appears to be identical wheels with identical specs but different part nos and prices for the 2015 version vs the 2010-2014 version.

When I asked on the chat what the difference was the fellow said he thought it was the offset. But when I checked the specs on each they were the same. Any idea what's different about the 2015 version, beside the price?

Just looked at the specs myself and they do look identical. Maybe PM one of the AM guys here as well, maybe they have a better answer for you.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
haha no, just mentioned you in a post regarding warranty on late model generations that you brought light to

What was it about? I have no idea what I posted and which section...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What was it about? I have no idea what I posted and which section...

Adventure till you drop
Long post by me in the first page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice look.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang001 View Post
Wow, beautiful!!

2013 Candy Apple Red 3.7, Roush Axel Backs, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers,Barton shifter bracket, Bama tuned, SR lowering Springs, J&M adjustable pan hard bar, 3.73 Ford Racing gears, GT 500 spoiler, Upper and lower modern billit grill, 2010 GT Premium 19" wheels, GT 500 stripes, Painted mirror covers, MMD Billitt fuel door. 2014 Premium cluster, Chrome mustang shifter knob,
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Good choice looks great
HP435 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang