What would you say are NEGATIVES about our Mustangs - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's a thing of beauty....a very refined muscle car. Wouldn't change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Very true. The Premium trim should be the Base. And the Premium model should include the backup camera, in dash screen, and other nice features. Shouldn't have to wait until 2015 to start getting these features. As other companies are mainstreaming most of these features now.

I believe Ford knows if they gave us everything at once, we wouldn't upgrade near as much. So they leave bread crumbs (features) throughout the models/years as to keep us wanting more.

Such as leaving out a manual mode for autos until 2013 (Sport mode). Leaving out the better radio until 2015. Leaving out the decent looking key fob until 2015. Leaving out remote start until 2015. and the list keeps going.
Agreed! I think Ford knew exactly it would work wihtin the domestic market (and, in fact, it was an improvement over the 05-09 model). But yeah, they should have made some improvements with the '13 and '14 models. But maybe that would have ticked off '11 and '12 buyers, like the new engines, which certainly upset a lot of '10 buyers. Now that they are selling the '15 worldwide and also because of the domestic competition, they had to step up their game and that's what they did.
derklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
07-09 door panels.

Cup holders with a short throw.

I want my plastic painted.

I don't even use the AC cause I'm afraid it'll break. Can't imagine what it'd cost to fix.

2 piece drive shaft. Whaaaaa.

My input sound quality sucks and the 97 cobra I had really had a better sounding system.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Stupid cheap vinyl shift and e brake boots. Hood prop. Miniature rear brake rotors, non Brembo rear calipers. Pleather rear seats. All projects to throw money at...
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #40
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtmoto View Post
Stupid cheap vinyl shift and e brake boots. Hood prop. Miniature rear brake rotors, non Brembo rear calipers. Pleather rear seats. All projects to throw money at...
Yes! The base model e brake is crap. I accidentally scuffed it and that was all she wrote. Now i have a leather e brake from a premium.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:03 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Cheap build quality, rattles, notchy shifter at low speeds. But I still get a grin everytime I drive it. And that's what counts the most.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69mach1390 View Post
I agree on my 2013 trying to shift gears with cup in cup holder is a pain

Ditto
2014 Base V6 MT - Deep Impact Blue
MMD Hood Struts / GT500 Spoiler(Black) / MMD Quarter Window Louvers (Black) / UPR Oil Can / SR Perf Shock-Strut Tower Brace / Replaced Coolant Overflow hose Bama X4/SF4 with Race Tune
IzzyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I bet when everyone looked at and test drove their 11-14's before buying them that you noticed all this stuff..... And it didn't matter.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #44

Region: Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I bet when everyone looked at and test drove their 11-14's before buying them that you noticed all this stuff..... And it didn't matter.
I agree ... these are affordable muscle cars ... not luxury cars !
theColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Didn't notice rattles. I honestly thought it was screwed together better than it is. I have no illusions about expecting luxury materials, but I'm very surprised how much it has loosened up in 15,000 miles driving on smooth roads.
Charlotte Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Really a convertible muscle car for 15500.00 that handles like a dream with 300hp??? Forget about it!!! Great Buy!!

sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have a 2014 GT Premium and it has auto climate?

Do you have the ford touch/sync navigation package? (the big touch screen in the center console)

As far number 2, like others have mentioned, there is a sunglasses clip for the passenger side.

My complaints are.... When you turn the AC the car becomes really notchy/touchy with the manual trans.. guessing this is due to the increased load...

Tickets?

My BIGGEST complaint is with the windshield that seems to be made out of paper machete. I have so many chips... one was pretty large that I had to get filled by safelite, but it it doesn't look like it's going to hold.

I've never owned a car with such a soft windshield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post

1) MY biggest and most frustrating pet peeve is the fact that there is no auto climate. I have 2014 Premium Mustang

2) There is no sun/eye glasses storage area, there is a perfec spot in the middle top area for sun glasses storage but they decided not to add it. Once again my 2002 honda accord had it.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Auto Climate Control

This was included under the optional Electronics Package!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

"1) MY biggest and most frustrating pet peeve is the fact that there is no auto climate. I have 2014 Premium Mustang ...my 2002 frikkin honda accord had auto climate."

,,,hmmm,,,,, can your 2002 fr honda beat your Stang??!![jus' saying']
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
These are minor things. For 22.5k, the car is a bargain. It is a 305 hp vehicle, and looks great. It is one of the best bang for your buck vehicles, so trade-offs in other departments were expected. I admire and enjoy my car every day and every time I drive it.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
These are minor things. For 22.5k, the car is a bargain. It is a 305 hp vehicle, and looks great. It is one of the best bang for your buck vehicles, so trade-offs in other departments were expected. I admire and enjoy my car every day and every time I drive it.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Yeah...what he said. Got lucky, hot mine new for 19k.
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
1) MY biggest and most frustrating pet peeve is the fact that there is no auto climate. I have 2014 Premium Mustang ...my 2002 frikkin honda accord had auto climate.

Guess I cant really argue if you live in a place where the seasons change so drastically lol but on my dads 2009 corvette and 2014 grand sport, the climate control is so finicky that I like to dial in the temperature in cabin based on how hot/cloudy it is and other weather factors. Ill admit it can be annoying but if the grand sport hasnt caught up to the 'consumer expectation' of technology at $46k, I have learned to just adjust it as usual..besides theres that cool feeling when you get in your car and have to toggle buttons like your entering a fighter pilot mustang..p-51 mustang? *cough cough*

2) There is no sun/eye glasses storage area, there is a perfect spot in the middle top area for sun glasses storage but they decided not to add it. Once again my 2002 honda accord had it.

My stang new came with clips to attach to the driver visor/passneger for either a sunglasses clip which I use everyday in Miami or a pen clip for the passenger..because ya know, they need to be writing stuff down when your in a 305 to the crank mustang /facepalm

3) The middle console is very outdated...its very bland compared to the rest of the car.

I cant speak for premium with navigation but I actually the bland but good materials in the console. Its very simple and basic "if emergency press here" oriented. Again this is biased but I had a loaded 2013 Maxima before my stang and the cushy feeling of all the gadgets was just too distracting to even enjoy the car. I chose a base model mustang for one purpose: get in, turn the key on, and just drive with no distractions and feel the revamp of 2011 performance.

I know I am trolling you with every pointt you give but I do have a few of my own that are BIG pet peeves:

1.) No Compass - I know I bought a base to limit distractions but damnit, there are times where I need to know what direction I am facing. Living in Miami there is no clear indicator of NSWE until you cross 4 intersections, do the math and deduce that 143th avenue that you just passed is a landmark and 137th Avenue is another one, so you must be going south...I could have easily missed 3 intersections, an illegal U-turn, and 10 more minutes of waiting to turn the light if I had known ahead of time the direction i was heading was wrong a long time ago.

2.) Picky Warranty - With ford now encouraging modifications to the 2015 models, it pains me to hear stories of upper management at warranty departments denying repair claims based on sensible upgrades to what ford left out in the manufacturing process from the 2012-2014 Mustang v6's. Currently Shelby and Roush are the only warranty-backed factory tuners for the v6's while the rest of us are discovering the magic this aluminum engine can handle. It is a shame that this generation is no longer regarded as worthy by Ford corp.

3.) Standard Plastics - As much as I appreciate money towards performance in lieu of cosmetic appearance mods, once part stands out to me among the rest..the window mirror covers. I still don't understand why Ford didn't include the painted mirror cover as standard equipment across all mustang for the 13-14 year end generation..It literally makes no logical or financial sense to me as we didn't see any anniversary edition for this last generation.

Overall, I love my stang and wouldnt go back to my maxima no way in hell! Glad to be here, despite the minimal, pet peeves it has.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Mschrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Microsoft Synch will not be supported ? New Synch 3 is blackberry. Will 2014 and older become useless?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Ronnie, did you paint your caliper covers and where did you buy the stripe?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

We have one of the best bang for your buck product. And our car is one awesome looking car.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
That's true but you have to remember that not everyone paid 19-22 k for these cars. People with options or the GT's are in the 30-40 k range. That was one of the big reasons I went with the base. Although I feel the car is a great value for what I paid (around 20k) alot of the things people are bringing up would bother me a lot more if I were paying 30-35k for the car. And honestly if I would have wanted the GT or a loaded V6 options I probable would have spent a lot more time researching other cars as there are a lot of options in that price range.

What you cant lose sight of is essentially these are 20 k cars that are either given a 1. better engine or 2. more options that bring the price up significantly. And although the price goes up some of these smaller things that are to be expected out of a 20k car are not fixed.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
20k is one HELL of a lot of money. For that price I would expect the body panels not to gather water in the rain, paint to stay on the hood, etc. You get those things on a Hyunda for crying out loud.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I bought my mustang for its engine. For the price that I paid for, the interior is just fine for me. I think all extra gadgets on a car IMO are distractions for people driving on the road in general.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
20k is one HELL of a lot of money. For that price I would expect the body panels not to gather water in the rain, paint to stay on the hood, etc. You get those things on a Hyunda for crying out loud.
Lol, 20k won't get you very much up here in Canada. To get anything decent your looking at 29k + with taxes. Then again our dollar is in the toilet, soon we will be looking at over 30k for a fiesta lol.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lower control arm noises!!!!! 4 TSBs since 2011 and still there is no fix for the problem.

And for my luck ford replaced both control arms 3 weeks ago and now while driving the car feels weird as f. It feels like the front is loose.

6 visits to the dealer, 3 alignments and still no fix.

I am already getting tired of this s!

Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

Speedometer on the left side of the dash and the tach on the right.

Backwards

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

Backwards
Idk...it seems good to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	178162  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #63
Registered Member

Negatives....

Please delete. I was in the wrong section.
47297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

Backwards

Speedo on the left and tach on the right, it's always been this way

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428007491.489114.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	178908
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #65
Road Trip!
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
What would you say are NEGATIVES about our Mustangs

Speedos with so many numerals, you can't even read em
...ok, here in Canada, our speed limit is around 110 kph
& the speedo goes to 220, lol
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog View Post
Speedos with so many numerals, you can't even read em
...ok, here in Canada, our speed limit is around 110 kph
& the speedo goes to 220, lol
Speed limits here don't exceed 70 but the Speedo hits 140 :p

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
160 for a coyote which is 260km/h if you we're wondering
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #68
Road Trip!
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
it just sucks 'cause it's a b!tch to try to read!
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I think my complaints are the 6 speed, popping from various suspension components, many have engine issues, also the driveshaft clunking.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I think my complaints are the 6 speed, popping from various suspension components, many have engine issues, also the driveshaft clunking.

? Please elaborate. Other than ds vibration at 2500 and 2nd to 3rd misshifts what else do u see?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang