What would you say are NEGATIVES about our Mustangs - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrism View Post
Dosnt have Auto climate

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I have auto climate and I don't like it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #212

Region: New York
I really want the side mirrors to auto tilt toward the wheels so you can see how far you are away from the curb.

jasonk530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Curb Feelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonk530 View Post
I really want the side mirrors to auto tilt toward the wheels so you can see how far you are away from the curb.

Get these in the mean time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curb Feelers.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	199206
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
I have auto climate and I don't like it

Don't you have the ability to override the auto with manual input.
I don't have the Mustang climate control but I have other cars with it that allow me to simply override it.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it's just a pain sometimes lol

Old 04-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION. Worst invention ever.

Other than that, not having climate temp control does suck.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION. Worst invention ever.

Other than that, not having climate temp control does suck.
One of these days I have to disconnect that fuse to reset my transmission and see if I notice a difference. It may go to a more conservative setting in my case, since I don't baby it.

climate temp control? You've been spoiled! LOL
Old 04-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The small amount of GTs with the electronics packages, most cars come with Nav/Climate control as part of the Premium trim.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
One of these days I have to disconnect that fuse to reset my transmission and see if I notice a difference. It may go to a more conservative setting in my case, since I don't baby it.

climate temp control? You've been spoiled! LOL
The fuse used to make a big difference for me but the last couple times it didnt to jack. I HATE adaptive learning. Makes no damn sense.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Get these in the mean time.
Attachment 199206

I remember seeing these when i was young. No one in my large family had them on their cars.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I really dont like the placement of blindspot mirrors on the side mirrors. I would have really liked if the were adjustable to once needs.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

I think the only thing for me is how much plastic they use for the interior. Sure, it is a performance car first and foremost, but that doesn't mean they have to go cheap on the interior.
cwlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7 silvrbullet View Post
The rattles from the cheap material that ford have us when I don't have my music turned up all I hear is freaking rattles
I have a rattle and it's the rear view mirror if you hear a rattle (move the or grab it) if that doesn't help I don't know what to tell you

Old 04-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7 silvrbullet View Post
The rattles from the cheap material that ford have us when I don't have my music turned up all I hear is freaking rattles
2nd that. Ive taken my driver door apart TWICE and still cant figure out the squeak. It's driving me crazy(er) lol
Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
A negative is when people hate cause it's not a V8. But haters gonna hate, and also those cup holders on a manual๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

snoots225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Honestly.. Everything I could say I dislike about my 14GT is part of the whole affordability of this great car. There are surely many things , the cheap hard interior plastic, bare bones comfort features, but all of these things make it cheaper and easier to afford a near celebrity status experience while driving.
I have never in my life received more attention, comments, conversations or just admiration while stopping for gas. That never happened with any previous "luxury" car I've owned or European sports car.

The best thing..... There is an infinite supply of aftermarket Mustang specific mods, parts from other owners that are take offs and you can make it exactly how you dream it.

Oh..just FYI, I just had my factory base stereo display screen replaced free under warranty because of the film coating peeling off in spots. 14GT 28k miles. The dealership said it may get denied due to caused by me with cleaner or solvent etc... But it went through. I think it happened because of the extreme temps here in NH.

*plus, it resembles no other Ford model...Taurus, Fusion, Focus etc... A mistake Ford made in my opinion with the new S550... Our cars look very much like the 68-69 mustangs with a modern touch.
The new ones....well...
I'll wait for Ford to Un-Fusion the front end before I "upgrade"
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 AM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree with all you said but you better hold on to that baby. I don't think we will see another model that looks like a mustang for another 50 years if ever. I learned my lesson selling my '69 Mach 1 to get a Blazer in 1975. I regret it to this day but looking at my 2012 eases the pain for sure. I just love it. They even make a custom bodied 2013 mustang that looks nearly exactly like a 1969 Boss 302.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I hate the manual transmission vibration in my 2011. Cupholders are a little aggravating with the manual but I can live with that. Sync totally sucks, have tried it with three different phones and it's always unreliable. There's other goofy stuff too, like control arm bushings that clunk, lame 2:73 gears and a driveshaft that seems to be made of cement.
On the other hand, it's so much fun to drive I can overlook a lot of the silly little issues the car has
tombrochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Telescoping wheel, better sound proofing against road noise, the adaptive learning sucks, stop n go traffic and it thinks it's your intentions, factory back up camera would have been nice...
2014 MCOA, V6 PREMIUM, PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, COMFORT PACKAGE, SECURITY PACKAGE, DEEP IMPACT BLUE WITH SILVER CUSTOM COBRA STYLE STRIPES, AIRAID TUBE, TINTED 35%, PIONEER 8000 NEX, REAR CAMERA, BORLA TOUR AXLE BACK, K&N FILTER. JLT OIL CATCH CAN, CUSTOM MADE HOOD STRUTS, BBK SHORTY CERAMIC

heebe_geebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #230
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrochard View Post
On the other hand, it's so much fun to drive I can overlook a lot of the silly little issues the car has
this......if it was just transportation I would be disappointed but it's a hoot to drive and you get membership in the Mustang Club. I would not be as satisfied with the build quality if I had a $35K one but the V8 would make up for it.

base model V6 one option of performance package
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Love my 2014 vert but

Trunk way to small, seats on vert do not fold down, no sun glass clip for drivers side visor, no key for trunk or passenger door, no HUD I miss that had it on my grand prix.
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang