2013 V6 Premium or upgrade to 2014 Roush RS? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #1

Region: Wisconsin
2013 V6 Premium or upgrade to 2014 Roush RS?

Need some input from fellow V6 owners.

I have a 2013 V6 Premium with Performance Package, manual transmission. Race Red (pics in Albums). Purchased in May 2014 from a private party. 5,500 miles on it now. Mint condition in my opinion as it is only a summer car (never in rain/snow). Also has AutoArmor 3 (paint, interior, ding and dent) until July 2019. This is my first Mustang and love to drive it.

Warranty is until end of July 2015.

I've gotten the mod bug and put a Airaid CAI on it last week and have Roush splitters I will put on to give it more black and considering a GT500 inspired spoiler (race red) and other item from American Muscle to reduce the red a bit(bought the CAI and splitters from AM). I may consider a wheel upgrade to AMR, possibly lowering and got me thinking to look for one already done verses investing more in this one.

I found a new 2014 Roush RS - V6 Premium with standard Roush package plus Roush 20" graphite wheels with cooper RS3 tires, hood scoop, rocker graphics and hood graphic, performance round tip exhaust, gauge cluster and rear quarter window louvers). This is an automatic. Sterling Grey. Pics in another album. Dealer is asking $30k (sticker is $38k).

Roush positives: I like the sterling grey, lowered look, I really like the way it looks overall with the Roush pacakge (wouldn't know its a V6..), sounds tough, three year factory warranty starts with purchase.
Roush negatives: Automatic transmission, exhaust is loud in my opinion but can be changed, Mustang community opinion of a Roush in V6?, resale value

Worried that a Roush RS won't have much resale or ability to sell in the future if the dealer is discounting as a left over by $8k (but a good deal in my opinion) and really would like a manual but none can be found. The 2015 V6 is no longer in Premium or Performance package since the new Ecoboost came out.

Any thoughts? Looking for things I haven't thought of in considering trading mine in for the 2014 or just continue with modifying the 2013.
WiMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Dont go from a manual to an auto. When it comes time to try and race the car or show off, you will regret it. Manuals are much more fun. Burn outs, tearing through the gears on an open highway, etc.

Seems like you are more fond of the appearence of the Roush more then anything. You can do similar mods to your current car without having to get a new car loan. Plus, in the end it is another v6 of the same generation. I would say hang on to your current car. Keep paying it off and modding it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I agree with Kevin going from an auto to a manual is not gonna be worth it. If you want to upgrade go to a used 5.0 because they are going for pretty good prices right now. But as for the roush RS my buddy has one and it isn't much different than a standard V6 except for the roush name of course 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Yeah I'm with them, although the RS would be sweet, I'm willing to bet all the upgrades it would have over your current setup would be less overall if you bought them separately. If you want to do that, you could get a used 5.0 for less and keep some of your current stuff to put on..

Or, you could always consider calling your bank and refinancing your car loan. Usually it's 2-4% interest(with acceptable credit depending on the institution) and you can lower your monthly payments, you could also extend the term if you want them even lower, and you can also cash out to borrow the NADA (blue book) value against it if you want those mods that bad, probably still save you money overall.
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If it were me I would keep what I have. The dealer is probable going to kill you on trade in for essentially the same car. Although you can always go in and see what they will give you for yours. If its been sitting they might work with you a little although just remember any loss will be for esentially the exact same car you have.

Also keep in mind I know you said you want to mod. All those comedic items will have zero impact on your warranty. So you can add 3-4 k in comedic items have a unique car exactly how you like it and still be ahead if you were to trade it. But this is all looking at it from a financial perspective which is all anyone can really advise on. At the end of the day its only money so if it makes you happy and you can afford it I'd do it.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Keep what you have. You can replicate much of what you like on the Roush on your own car - without "starting over" with a new car.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
You will save literally thousands if you just buy the roush stuff yourself and do it. 30k for a v6 with some decals and spoiler/grill/emblems/wheels etc. when the same car is selling for 17k with out it? No thanks. Take that 13k and get yourself a super charger/turbo, better wheels, and all the body stuff and whatever else you want
Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Post a link of the dealer that has the RS. It might be some decals but it might also have upgraded performance parts which basically doesn't give it more HP but could essentially make it a smoother ride

JohnnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
Post a link of the dealer that has the RS. It might be some decals but it might also have upgraded performance parts which basically doesn't give it more HP but could essentially make it a smoother ride

Because I am procrastinating on this massive project I have due at noon, I put my investigate cap on. After a couple minutes of detective work, I believe I found it!

I believe this is the one he is referring to. Seems to check out.

http://theforddealer.com/Sheboygan/F...-Car/35869881/
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Looked at it and after searching it up and researching the official package that $38K price is a load of BS. They look like visual mods plus the Roush badge is not where the Sync logo is as it should be so I'm not sure if the dealer just slapped some louvers, wing and a hood scoop on there and made it seem expensive. For that price get yourself the 2013 white GT they've got there and save yourself the money.

JohnnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
Thanks! Looked at it and after searching it up and researching the official package that $38K price is a load of BS. They look like visual mods plus the Roush badge is not where the Sync logo is as it should be so I'm not sure if the dealer just slapped some louvers, wing and a hood scoop on there and made it seem expensive. For that price get yourself the 2013 white GT they've got there and save yourself the money.

It's the RS package. It has all the base items from the RS package, with a few optional, it seems. You can look up the package on the roush website.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Man that's a rip off I got a fully loaded premium convertible for $29,000! The convertible is a $5,000 option. One thing I learned in shopping for a new car is look in Maryland and Florida I to am from Wisconsin and I flew to Maryland and saved myself thousands on my new car back in June. For some reason dealerships can offer better deals in different states and I got to pay Wisconsin's lower tax at 5.5% even though it's more out east. The only negative about that is if you have a problem you don't have the dealer you bought the car from to take care of you but not that big of a problem every dealer covers fords warranty. Good luck see u on my way to the packers games.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
30k for a N/A V6? OMG. Ha ha ha. Got to love suckers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dang!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #15

Region: Wisconsin
Thanks for the input.

It is the RS in the link above and has the Roush serial numbers where they should be and the dealer is a Roush dealer per Roush.

I don't owe anything on the 2013 I have now but held off on modifying until getting close to the warranty expiring.

I do agree the pricing on most of the Roush items is very high (I could post a pic of the Roush options on this car but $310 for the rocker stripe I can get from AM for $49 is just the start) but I'm not looking to make mine a Roush replica or look a like.

I did price out the rims, tires, spoiler, stripes, etc and came up with about $2,500 it additional items over what I already purchased plus time or paying someone to do (especially the stripes). So yes, modifying my existing would be much less money.

Thanks again for the input.
WiMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:29 AM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I would never spend 30K on a V6....but I'm not into bling/Sync/leather etc. A plain V8 would be great for me.

It's your $ so get what matter to you, just know you will be buy 2 cars worth of depreciation if you buy again.

SG is my 2nd fav color (whether or not you care )
Old 03-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Nada on the 30 for v6!! Go 5.0!! You young guys can have the manual. Got tired of shifting years ago....

sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang