Going back to stock - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
To me the GT500 quad tip mufflers have the best sound. 0 drone and quiet when you want it to be but has a great sound when you get on it. No puffy, buzzy sound like with the other axlebacks out there. And they look the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150313_163403.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	178914  
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Am I the only one who thinks these cars sound nice bone stock?

They don't sound bad but it's a little quiet for most people's taste. This is a perfect example on how exhaust is completely subjective. I can't tell you how many threads I read about how great roush exhaust is but then you see threads like this.

This is exactly why it's laughable when people create topics on "what's the best exhaust" because what one person may like one may hate. Ally depends on what the car is used for and the type of driving. If mine were a weekend toy I would want roush or straight pipes but since it's a dd and I drive 15-20 k miles a year I went with the magnaflow streets. Which is louder then stock but still a muffler which cuts on noise unless I get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
To me the GT500 quad tip mufflers have the best sound. 0 drone and quiet when you want it to be but has a great sound when you get on it. No puffy, buzzy sound like with the other axlebacks out there. And they look the best.
got a video of the sound?
Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter,
Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

GT500 QUAD TIP MUFFLERS 3.7L Mustang V6: https://youtu.be/NtJof9v2DKQ

i do. But recorded it with my phone. Doesnt really show how good it sounds in person but its the best I got.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sounds awesome!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
There is NO stock sound as far as I'm concerned. When I added the CAI it helped! But I put on very mild axle backs and there not annoying at WOT!

sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
feels smoother just bc you took axlebacks off? huh??

Took the CAI off too.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Is it still April fools?
Some bizarre posts and threads coming up the last couple of days.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Am I the only one who thinks these cars sound nice bone stock?

Stock doesn't sound bad. There is just no volume. Either way, 75mph is now nice to cruise at. No more mind numbing drone.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Your mind is blown isn't it Fastford...lol...not your engine. See you mod your car in a specific way and sometimes you find out you like it the old way. I lowered my car and put on 19" tires and tell you the truth it looks cool...but rides quite a bit rougher! If it wasn't for the looks....maybe my pride...I might swap it back! Lol I have kept all my stock parts....just in case, I grow up!! Lol

Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yep, totally blown. Better my mind then my engine.
I'm just waiting for the next post that someone puts a lift kit and 12" tires on their car and I'll check myself into the nearest mental hospital.lol
BTW please don't....

Old 04-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Yep, totally blown. Better my mind then my engine.
I'm just waiting for the next post that someone puts a lift kit and 12" tires on their car and I'll check myself into the nearest mental hospital.lol
BTW please don't....

That's a little too trailer trash for most folk that can use the Internet.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
That's a little too trailer trash for most folk that can use the Internet.
Lol, I hope your right!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

from what i've read about CAI and this car, it doesn't do a thing for performance, and it just looks pretty under the hood. i'm just confused as to why removing that all of a sudden made your car feel better? i read the stock airbox is engineered perfectly for this car, so is it that the aftermarket CAI's are actually doing more harm than good? they do look cool and sound cool, but i'd rather have performance than appearance.
Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 04-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks123 View Post
Your mind is blown isn't it Fastford...lol...not your engine. See you mod your car in a specific way and sometimes you find out you like it the old way. I lowered my car and put on 19" tires and tell you the truth it looks cool...but rides quite a bit rougher! If it wasn't for the looks....maybe my pride...I might swap it back! Lol I have kept all my stock parts....just in case, I grow up!! Lol

Don't grow up! You only live once enjoy it while you can. I dropped 1.5 all around with 19s also. Looks awesome. U have pics?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
GT500 QUAD TIP MUFFLERS 3.7L Mustang V6: https://youtu.be/NtJof9v2DKQ

i do. But recorded it with my phone. Doesnt really show how good it sounds in person but its the best I got.
nice, sounds pretty cool. no popping at all on these i noticed.

i do feel my ATAK's can be a little too much sometimes when i open it up...and the popping is like a gunshot lol but hey, i enjoy it.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Old 04-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
from what i've read about CAI and this car, it doesn't do a thing for performance, and it just looks pretty under the hood. i'm just confused as to why removing that all of a sudden made your car feel better? i read the stock airbox is engineered perfectly for this car, so is it that the aftermarket CAI's are actually doing more harm than good? they do look cool and sound cool, but i'd rather have performance than appearance.

I'm not sure how/why it made it drive worse. It sounded good, but for the first 1500 miles or so I had it on, I had 0 engine brake, then all of a sudden when coasting it would engine brake like someone threw an anchor out the back. Dropping into 2nd for a corner and coasting through the turn it never failed, about midway through the turn the engine braking would slam on. There was no smoothness.

I also was getting bad heat soak(I think). I often hit traffic on my commute and sometimes it would feel flooded until I got moving at a decent speed again. Again only a problem with the CAI and only the last couple weeks it's been hot here(phoenix).

All this is gone now with the stock air box. I am a firm believer that the ford engineers knew their **** with this car. Im sure if I was willing to get a tune, and drop more money into a full exhaust I could get more out of the car, but then it would be a toy, and not something I would want to commute 110+ miles a day in, like I do now.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

That's true and like I said in my post , it's no longer transportation, it has become a toy. It was originally going to be a fun car PERIOD to drive...but us old gearheads don't die easy! Give us 300hp and we gotta try to make it 400hp, even if it radically changes the vehicle's original purpose! Lol

Old 04-21-2015, 11:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Took my first road trip this past weekend since installing the roush axle backs and I've been nervous about it since this thread started. Did a 500 mile round trip up to Bearizona in Williams az from goodyear az and there's some mountains and elevation along the drive. Axle backs didn't bother the wife or I at all. We didn't have the radio very loud, we even drove with it off at times. No problem at all. Just goes to show everyone's opinions are different. Car didn't feel like a boat either, it climbed up hills with no problem. My wife and I really enjoyed the drive and sound of the car. Now I did run into a group of cars in camp verde, some lambos, ferarris, Porsches and a couple Audis. The Audi that left after me had an exhaust that would drive me crazy the second I touched the gas pedal. My 10 year old niece started laughing and said that car sounded like it was farting. Lol, it really did sound like a tin can. I felt bad for them because them other cars sounded really nice.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Took my first road trip this past weekend since installing the roush axle backs and I've been nervous about it since this thread started. Did a 500 mile round trip up to Bearizona in Williams az from goodyear az and there's some mountains and elevation along the drive. Axle backs didn't bother the wife or I at all. We didn't have the radio very loud, we even drove with it off at times. No problem at all. Just goes to show everyone's opinions are different. Car didn't feel like a boat either, it climbed up hills with no problem. My wife and I really enjoyed the drive and sound of the car. Now I did run into a group of cars in camp verde, some lambos, ferarris, Porsches and a couple Audis. The Audi that left after me had an exhaust that would drive me crazy the second I touched the gas pedal. My 10 year old niece started laughing and said that car sounded like it was farting. Lol, it really did sound like a tin can. I felt bad for them because them other cars sounded really nice.

What other mods do you have? What gears? Auto/manual?

I don't regret going back to stock, but at the same time I sort of miss that awesome scream when getting on it. On the plus side, I have gained about 2.5mpg average going back to stock. With the CAI and AB I was averaging 27.5 and now 3k since going back to stock, I'm averaging a solid 30mpg. No change in driving habits other than its more comfortable to stay in 6th and not having to drop to 5th to get out of the drone zone.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
On the plus side, I have gained about 2.5mpg average going back to stock. With the CAI and AB I was averaging 27.5 and now 3k since going back to stock, I'm averaging a solid 30mpg. No change in driving habits other than its more comfortable to stay in 6th and not having to drop to 5th to get out of the drone zone.
Hhhhmmmm..... sounds like you may have been experiencing the same thing I was until I tightened a few bolts on my exhaust clamps.

Check out: Ghost Knock
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Waste of cars to leave stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What other mods do you have? What gears? Auto/manual?

I don't regret going back to stock, but at the same time I sort of miss that awesome scream when getting on it. On the plus side, I have gained about 2.5mpg average going back to stock. With the CAI and AB I was averaging 27.5 and now 3k since going back to stock, I'm averaging a solid 30mpg. No change in driving habits other than its more comfortable to stay in 6th and not having to drop to 5th to get out of the drone zone.
Only mods I have are what's in my sig, all other info there too.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Agreed. When I bought it I had no plans of modding, now that's all I can think of. Notice my quote of myself in my signature, lol.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1DBLITZ View Post
Hhhhmmmm..... sounds like you may have been experiencing the same thing I was until I tightened a few bolts on my exhaust clamps.

Check out: Ghost Knock

I had it tightened and adjusted twice with no change.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

If It was a pure project car I would have done full exhaust, suspension, tune and all the other goodies. But as my commuter car, I personally like it toned down.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:53 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

The car sounds better in sport mode on the freeway with my 2:73 gears. The rpms are around 2100 vs 1700 at 70 mph and it has considerably less drone. Was reading the manual the other day and it actually suggests sport mode for mountain driving. I'll have to remember that on my next drive out of town.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 AM   #64
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Not obnoxiously loud.
A nice deep rumble.
Great looking tips.
Way lighter then the stock ford mufflers.
Fit is excellent.
Great top end performance.
NO Drone.
Always sounding good no matter what RPM.
Stainless Steel.

They may cost a little more, But you get to enjoy driving much better.
Ronnie

Ford Racing and Borla touring s are also good street mufflers. Neither are obnoxious and won't give you a headache when you take a long trip.
Personally, I like the Magnaflows the best because I think they do sound deeper and the tips look better. ( My Opinion)
And as others have suggested, you don't have to crack your windows, sit forward like a grandma, hold your tongue to the right, whistle, and tap your left foot to enjoy driving the Mustang.

Gee, why doesn't everyone buy these Roush axle backs?!?
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #65
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Do not be foolish

When Ford made your Mustang it was perfect right out of the factory. Modifying a Mustang is just plain foolish because the Mustang does not need anything done to it at all.
Take my good excellent advise and just leave your Mustang "FACTORY FRESH" and save your hard earned money.

Ronnie
Mister Foolish himself.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When Ford made your Mustang it was perfect right out of the factory. Modifying a Mustang is just plain foolish because the Mustang does not need anything done to it at all.

Take my good excellent advise and just leave your Mustang "FACTORY FRESH" and save your hard earned money.

Ronnie

Mister Foolish himself.

Preach it! The two-piece driveshaft is out of this world.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #67
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Mister DiESeven

I guess you noticed I put on the aluminum drive shaft my self.
I guess I just Don't PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH

Mr. Foolish him self
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Do you have the manual? The autos don't have much of a sound at all.

My automatic had a great sound when pushing the pedal to the metal. I just wanted a deeper tone so went with Magnaflow Universal Mufflers, part #14336. Louder and deeper and not annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang