My Build Project Thread : GB93 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My Build Project Thread : GB93

Hello Mustang Evolution (and other readers). As some of you may know, I have sold a lot of my bolt-ons and gone back to my stock tune. The reason for this is I am taking my build in a new direction.
Tonight, I will have paid for a P1SC procharger kit, with 85 lb injectors, helical gears, cold air inlet upgrade, and a 3.70 pulley. I am currently deciding on who will be tuning it.... Any advice will be appreciated. There are no accomplished tuners by me on 3.7 procharged mustangs, so my option is remote tuning, by either Bama or MPT.
I am starting this build a bit early, as it will take probably a week for the kit to arrive in the mail, and then I will need to install it. I'm doing this so that anyone who has a procharger kit for our cars can leave some feedback/advice on the install, tuning, anything in the process. Would love to see some dyno graphs of your procharged stangs!
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Where do you reside?

Sent from the Bathroom

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Long island NY 11565

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'll be following along. I'm thinking u might go the procharger route as well later on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Have you paid for your supercharger yet? Does your vendor have option of upgrading the head unit to D1sc? Just curious what your power goals are.

PS: I'd also suggest something like a torque booster -maybe a 15psi pulley capped at 8-9ps?
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Have you paid for your supercharger yet? Does your vendor have option of upgrading the head unit to D1sc? Just curious what your power goals are.

PS: I'd also suggest something like a torque booster -maybe a 15psi pulley capped at 8-9ps?

there really isnt a need to upgrade to the d1 imho

and to the OP did they give you an option to upgrade to the 3.70 pulley?? because it comes with a 3.85 pulley stock. i just recently picked up a 3.70 pulley from them, turns out procharger puts a cap on the pulley bolt and if you change pulleys it voids the warrenty on the head unit

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

ProCharger Supercharger Models

if you look at the specs the p1sc is rated at 825 hp and the d1sc is rated at 925, but both blowers are capable of putting out 32psi of boost.. the main difference is impeller size which the d1 flows a little better

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
Old 03-24-2015, 07:48 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Hello Mustang Evolution (and other readers). As some of you may know, I have sold a lot of my bolt-ons and gone back to my stock tune. The reason for this is I am taking my build in a new direction.
Tonight, I will have paid for a P1SC procharger kit, with 85 lb injectors, helical gears, cold air inlet upgrade, and a 3.70 pulley. I am currently deciding on who will be tuning it.... Any advice will be appreciated. There are no accomplished tuners by me on 3.7 procharged mustangs, so my option is remote tuning, by either Bama or MPT.
I am starting this build a bit early, as it will take probably a week for the kit to arrive in the mail, and then I will need to install it. I'm doing this so that anyone who has a procharger kit for our cars can leave some feedback/advice on the install, tuning, anything in the process. Would love to see some dyno graphs of your procharged stangs!
Congrats on the purchase Grabber - Just like I said via PM once you're ready let Paul and the Bama Team know. They're no stranger to a ProCharged v6 and we ran low to mid 12's what feels like 5 years ago with ours! Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime and congrats on the purchase again!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I paid for it and it's shipped today. I purchased the kit from a member of another mustang group. It is the P1SC head unit, thats more than enough for me with this car. As fastford said, there wasn't really a need or desire for me to upgrade to the d1.
The kit is coming with the 3.70 pulley and 3.85, I believe the 3.70 is what was being used . I'll be running that with the 85lb injectors.
Eventually I'll go with a torque booster. For now I just want to install it and have it tuned and figure that all out, it's my first time installing one on my own car so I want to take it slow and get all the knowledge rather than pay someone to throw it on.
First upgrade is going to be a BOV from procharger and its gonna sound sick nasty

Old 03-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Congrats on the purchase Grabber - Just like I said via PM once you're ready let Paul and the Bama Team know. They're no stranger to a ProCharged v6 and we ran low to mid 12's what feels like 5 years ago with ours! Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime and congrats on the purchase again!

Alex
Thanks for the info Alex, I forgot that you guys were one of the firsts with the procharged v6s out there, people couldn't believe the 6 could hit low 12s.
A little confused as the supercharger tune is $150 for a tune if you don't have tunes for life, but $250 for a tune if you do have tunes for life? This seems like it should be the opposite, pretty confused on that.
Gonna call Bama today to get some more info. on it. MPT has not e-mailed me back yet about their remote tuning process, nor has the dyno tuner by me.
I was wondering if there is anyway that I could have Paul work on the tune for my procharger if he has experience with them if I purchase the tune? He did a great job on my car with the NA tune this summer, and I'm a little worried with how remote tuning would go.... When it comes to an e-mail FI tune, I really would only be comfortable with him or Ken from MPT doing it. Working with him on my tunes was awesome, quick, and painless, whereas with some others it was a little inconvenient. I do not want to take any risks with my motor or a 5k supercharger lol.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Welp just got off the phone with Bama. "We do not offer forced induction tunes for v6's"..........
Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Welp just got off the phone with Bama. "We do not offer forced induction tunes for v6's"..........
....... ...... ..........
Does not compute.
Call back and ask for Paul and day your buddy Alex Lazarus sent you :p

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
....... ...... ..........
Does not compute.
Call back and ask for Paul and day your buddy Alex Lazarus sent you :p

This is why I hate calling Bama.... I get sent around in circles and conflicting info. is given. I spoke to someone from AM 2 days ago and they said they could do a procharger tune for my v6. AM sells the procharger kit for the v6 so I'm assuming that Bama has the procharger tune. Alex literally said they're no strangers to procharged v6's and there's was running low 12's.....
I is confused.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
This is why I hate calling Bama.... I get sent around in circles and conflicting info. is given. I spoke to someone from AM 2 days ago and they said they could do a procharger tune for my v6. AM sells the procharger kit for the v6 so I'm assuming that Bama has the procharger tune. Alex literally said they're no strangers to procharged v6's and there's was running low 12's.....
I is confused.
Honestly I feel like a lot depends on who you talk to as silly as that is

Old 03-24-2015, 03:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly I feel like a lot depends on who you talk to as silly as that is

You're 110% right. It's hit or miss when you call them. I've had someone say they would send me a tune update e-mail 3 times for a week and never got one. Then I've had good experiences. Idk.
It's just annoying that I have to wait on here for Alex to see this, and I assume he has to talk to Paul or someone else, and that's to even clarify if they offer procharger tunes for the v6... which if they don't is pretty crazy... seeing as they advertise their procharged 6 running these times in videos on their site and youtube channel..
Old 03-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
You're 110% right. It's hit or miss when you call them. I've had someone say they would send me a tune update e-mail 3 times for a week and never got one. Then I've had good experiences. Idk.
It's just annoying that I have to wait on here for Alex to see this, and I assume he has to talk to Paul or someone else, and that's to even clarify if they offer procharger tunes for the v6... which if they don't is pretty crazy... seeing as they advertise their procharged 6 running these times in videos on their site and youtube channel..
Was the procharger kit on the the cyclone or 4.0?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

On the cyclone

Old 03-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

That really doesn't make sense the,

Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Good to see another boosted six!! 3.7 are pretty underrated IMO, such a nice platform to build power without breaking your bank! Good luck on your build grabber!
Old 03-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Gonna be tackling the install myself Haha so I'll need that luck. Just need to figure out this tune situation....

Old 03-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Thanks! Gonna be tackling the install myself Haha so I'll need that luck. Just need to figure out this tune situation....

Ah just run the stock sct tune! Should be alright

Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I don't even have a base procharger tune.... I was hoping bama could at least give me that...

Old 03-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Have you asked Lund if they do remote tuning for procharged sixers? Granted it be slightly pricey but well worth it if they do. Or a reputable dyno tuner could be your best bet
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I was advised by numerous people to stay away from Lund as they don't put in the care that they do with the 5.0s on the 3.7s. Looking at local dyno tuner now.... $650 is a lot tho plus I might have to trailer it there

Old 03-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Long island NY 11565

Bluebyu12 is in the new york area and had his procharged car tuned by mustang magic im assuming they are local out there how close are you too deer park.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/mustang-magic-inc-deer-park

Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was advised by numerous people to stay awa
y from Lund as they don't put in the care that they do with the 5.0s on the 3.7s. Looking at local dyno tuner now.... $650 is a lot tho plus I might have to trailer it there

for a FI dyno tune thats about what your going to pay... I spent $500 in tuning for mine + $80 to have the car towed to the shop

Old 03-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
Bluebyu12 is in the new york area and had his procharged car tuned by mustang magic im assuming they are local out there how close are you too deer park.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/mustang-magic-inc-deer-park
I will be calling Mustang Magic tomorrow to speak with them. They are about 16 miles away from me. No price on the website but we will see, I'm assuming 450-600.
I was also looking into Realspeed, but they want $650 for the dyno tune plus extras for inserting the O2 in the exhaust to measure, etc. on top of that... they seem like they will nickel and dime the hell out of me.
MPT remote tune w. my discount will be 564. No trailer anywhere. Trailer to a shop 16 miles away might be a lot of $ :/.
Of course, a few hundred bucks difference is worth a quality and safe tune to me, so good thing I have a week or 2 to receive the package and install while I decide on the tuner.
Thank you for the info. btw, it's been hard to find good advice since there are so few FI sixers out here
Old 03-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will be calling Mustang Magic tomorrow to speak with them. They are about 16 miles away from me. No price on the website but we will see, I'm assuming 450-600.
I was also looking into Realspeed, but they want $650 for the dyno tune plus extras for inserting the O2 in the exhaust to measure, etc. on top of that... they seem like they will nickel and dime the hell out of me.
MPT remote tune w. my discount will be 564. No trailer anywhere. Trailer to a shop 16 miles away might be a lot of $ :/.
Of course, a few hundred bucks difference is worth a quality and safe tune to me, so good thing I have a week or 2 to receive the package and install while I decide on the tuner.
I would go with mustang magic blubyu12 has been procharged for about two years and his 3.7 is still running strong.. they probably still have his tune file so they will probably tune yours off that

Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would go with mustang magic blubyu12 has been procharged for about two years and his 3.7 is still running strong.. they probably still have his tune file so they will probably tune yours off that
Awesome I will take your advice and give them a call tomorrow afternoon. Any tips on the install? I figure it will be long as hell but shouldn't be too complex.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Give yourself a full weekend and a 30 pack and you'll be fine
The installation guide they send you is very good

Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Give yourself a full weekend and a 30 pack and you'll be fine
The installation guide they send you is very good
I don't have the installation guide I will have to find it online haha. Yeah I'm leaving myself 4 days to do it
Old 03-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Sent Alex another PM, hopefully it was just a mess up on the Bama guy's part.....
I was quoted $600 for an install, may jump on it if possible. Everywhere else was like 1500
Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Sent Alex another PM, hopefully it was just a mess up on the Bama guy's part.....
I was quoted $600 for an install, may jump on it if possible. Everywhere else was like 1500
I paid more for My headers to be installed...

Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I paid more for My headers to be installed...

It's my real good friend's mopar mechanic for his challenger who he is friends with.... So I got a hooked up price. I really don't think I can say no to it at that price!
The guy did his procharger on his challenger
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
It's my real good friend's mopar mechanic for his challenger who he is friends with.... So I got a hooked up price. I really don't think I can say no to it at that price!
The guy did his procharger on his challenger
Yeah the average is a grand plus so,I would hop all over that. Maybe with the savings get a Lund or aed tune?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang