Hiding a Roush Exhaust -.- - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hiding a Roush Exhaust -.-

So I took the plunge and bought my Roush Exhaust for my V6 and its sitting here in the bedroom all nice and shiny...but I cant let the girlfriend know its installed on the car or she will flip (I know what a fail)...So I am curious, with the windows up and radio on, is the roush axleback exhaust still very noticeable at low RPM's? Wondering if I should just install them and keep it low revving when shes in the car with me or just wait a month and install them when I can say I saved up a little to get them.

I know you guys are rofling at this but I am not sure what to do lol and of course, I ordered what some consider to be the loudest AB next to the ATAK's to hide - my dilemma, your laugh
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you need to set some new ground rules instead of hiding what you bought. I'm sure she'll hear the new exhaust either way.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
lmfao. I can't even hide my ataks going 10 mph. you still hear the rumble.
hilarious that you have to hide them from her... good luck hahahaha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Normally she doesnt care but she has neighbors who have riced up civics and it annoys the hell out of her. Ive showed her many videos of the roush exhaust and she seems to be warming up to it but it seems its a small stretch at the moment. And yeah its a work in progress. If it was up to her, id be in the Honda Odyssey forum right now chatting it up -.-
Old 03-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
Normally she doesnt care but she has neighbors who have riced up civics and it annoys the hell out of her. Ive showed her many videos of the roush exhaust and she seems to be warming up to it but it seems its a small stretch at the moment. And yeah its a work in progress. If it was up to her, id be in the Honda Odyssey forum right now chatting it up -.-

Lol. My wife helped me pick out my exhaust!!! Guess I'm lucky 😄
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
You're definitely not going to be hiding the Roush exhaust, lol. Just starting the car will ruin any chance of being able to hide it.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Is it the sound or the money? Can't hide the sound but the money, just tell her you "hollowed" out the stock ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Best thing to do is put them on and give it a nice 4k rpm clutch drop

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just tell her you have a hole in the muffler and then just never get around to fixing it.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
Is it the sound or the money? Can't hide the sound but the money, just tell her you "hollowed" out the stock ones!

Yeah or just say I removed the cats and ran straight pipes to some tips I got on Ebay =p
Old 03-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have a loud exhaust so I can't hear my girl complaining in the car lol. But really tho just let her know what's up and I'm pretty sure she'll understand. Being straight up and honest about things will take you a long way. Good luck!

Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
I have a loud exhaust so I can't hear my girl complaining in the car lol. But really tho just let her know what's up and I'm pretty sure she'll understand. Being straight up and honest about things will take you a long way. Good luck!

You got a point, but straight up and honest will mean a *****ing lol, at least I got my income tax coming in
Old 03-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
This is hilarious man. You might as well fess up
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'm running the roush exhaust and to really answer our question they are pretty low key at cruise. You're gonna have to accelerate like a Prius, however, if you don't want her to know...

Old 03-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You need a girlfriend that would rather be in a Mustang that sounds like a damn Mustang and not a civic lol if she has riced up civic neighbors then show her what a real car sounds like and she should like it. What girl does not like a boyfriend/husband to work and like cars? It's a hobby. We deal with their shopping and gossip lol you shouldn't have to hide every mod you do.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
The trick is, you're supposed to buy her something shiny when you get something shiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The game is over as soon as you turn the key, especially on a brand new set of Roush ab.

Can I have your other stuff when she kills you?
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Give her a really good "time" then tell her.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
So I took the plunge and bought my Roush Exhaust for my V6 and its sitting here in the bedroom all nice and shiny...but I cant let the girlfriend know its installed on the car or she will flip (I know what a fail)...So I am curious, with the windows up and radio on, is the roush axelback exhaust still very noticeable at low RPM's? Wondering if I should just install them and keep it low revving when shes in the car with me or just wait a month and install them when I can say I saved up a little to get them.

I know you guys are rofling at this but I am not sure what to do lol and of course, I ordered what some consider to be the loudest AB next to the ATAK's to hide - my dilemma, your laugh
Its your car!!! You can do whatever you want with it. If she wants to break up with you because of an exhaust, she isnt the one. I can understand if you were removing the cats and resignators and running them but your just running the axlebacks and they arent civic fart can loud( unless your flooring it)
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
You need a girlfriend that rather be in a Mustang that sounds like a damn Mustang and not a civic lol if she has riced up civic neighbors then show her what a real car sounds like and she should like it. What girl does not like a boyfriend/husband to work and like cars? It's a hobby. We deal with their shopping and gossip lol you shouldn't have to hide every mod you do.

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Doesn't help when the neighbor down the street has a GT/CS tuned with S Types lol
Old 03-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
mmm damn i bet that sounds good!

anyway, there's plenty of fish in the sea. there's only 1 Mustang that's yours

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
mmm damn i bet that sounds good!

anyway, there's plenty of fish in the sea. there's only 1 Mustang that's yours

Not when that 1 fish is the mother of your son 0.0
Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I love how we all suggest to get rid of the girlfriend and mod the stang lol

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 03-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love how we all suggest to get rid of the girlfriend and mod the stang lol

Haha yeah but it isnt that simple on my end. She is a good girlfriend and future wife (but doesn't want to get married ever). Although I provide for our family and make decent money, her idea is.."$500 for sound?? that could be used on other things, thats a lot of money to impress others" - exactly her quote. And although I can relate that aftermarket parts for cars can be very expensive if not within your budget, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, then go for it. My idea is that if you want to spend in the hundreds on anything, spend it on something you appreciate each day and enjoy that makes you happy.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's for your enjoyment not others. It just puts a smile on your face when you can rev it at some Honda that is reving at you lol but have you explained this to her? I couldint imagine a serious girlfriend crashing a mans dreams about a hobby he likes. I feel if my girlfriend didint want me spending all my money on my car I could explain to her that it makes me have something to enjoy in life and she would understand. If she says no then that is just evil man lol

Old 03-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

This went from a roush exhaust thread to a relationship advice thread. 😂😂

Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well it's for your enjoyment not others. It just puts a smile on your face when you can rev it at some Honda that is reving at you lol but have you explained this to her? I couldint imagine a serious girlfriend crashing a mans dreams about a hobby he likes. I feel if my girlfriend didint want me spending all my money on my car I could explain to her that it makes me have something to enjoy in life and she would understand. If she says no then that is just evil man lol

Well when my Altima burned to the ground in 2012,

I needed a new car. She already knew I was hooked on mustangs since we met in 2011. I had my eyes on either a used 2002 cobra, 2009 GT, or a 2011 v6 based on the specs. It was the sound for me and although she was biased about it, she came through and we went to some meets together. She knows this is where I find happiness in cars. In all, I think she would be more pissed at me spending $500 on an exhaust when that figure makes up for a flashy purse for her, mothers day is coming around but she doesn't know I have that already set up and surprised. Fathers day is a far way from now and man would it suck if she bought me this same exhaust for fathers day. Im out of the loop and don't want to think of the possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm_3.7 View Post
This went from a roush exhaust thread to a relationship advice thread. ������������

Lol Harm, Maybe so, but still looking for someone that has an answer before I do the install myself and get the beatdown.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Kinda sounds like you have your mind made up to not put them on....even though you already bought them. If you had the cojones to buy them knowing she'd get mad then whip those out and tell her you bought them!

gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

All I can say is throw those bad boys on and get the beatdown. At least the car will sound nice after the beatdown 😝

Old 03-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

After I installed mine, I can hardly hear my girl *****ing. 5 stars, would recommend.
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianh View Post
After I installed mine, I can hardly hear my girl *****ing. 5 stars, would recommend.

Lol that is damn funny, I agree with that

Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
Kinda sounds like you have your mind made up to not put them on....even though you already bought them. If you had the cojones to buy them knowing she'd get mad then whip those out and tell her you bought them!

Trust me, Im dying to open this box, but if I do, It will be 3am and waking up the neighbors...

Old 03-24-2015, 11:07 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on the not being able to hear your girl with Roush exhaust, before I broke mine in I couldn't hear myself think during the first drive

SR Performance CAI, Bama 91R tune, Roush Axleback, BBK Shorty Headers.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
So who has the bigger shifter? Man-Up!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #35
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My dad always said, "You can be right, or you can be married." You can suck it up and say, "Hey, I bought them, you're right they're not worth it. But now they're "used" and the resale value is so low that I might as well keep them" and take your punishment.

Without getting too personal, who is the breadwinner? My parents have a rule where anything over $100 justifies a discussion; it might be as simple as my dad saying he's buying a new guitar, or as extravagant as my mom saying she's buying a new Cadillac, but at least they talked about it. You just don't want her to think you're spending family money on toys. As I said, buy her something shiny, too, and just plan on all future mods costing 2x as much, lol.

I guess I'm lucky that my girlfriend's "hobby" is her collection of signed memorabilia from her favorite shows. Her birthday present was $50 on eBay, and she has no interest in the $800 diamond earrings sitting in my safe...

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust