First issues with my stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

First issues with my stang

As of recently my stang has been having a few minor issues. Car is a 2013 with a little under 20k miles. The front driver side wheel was squeaking whenever I would drive over a bump. Shortly after this occurrence, I got the error message " tire pressure monitoring system fault." I check the tire pressure, all was normal. Since the car needed an oil change I had my good friend, the local Ford service manager, take a look at the issues. She told me I have a bad control arm and the the TPMS sensor is bad. All repairs are under warranty. I am posting this because I read a few posts asking about the reliability of our cars. Other than these two issues, the car has not had any issues! Unfortunately I won't have my car back for a few days, but hey at least all repairs are free!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
The control arms are a very common issue. From what I have read on another forum they finally did come up with a fix, which you will probably get when they put your new one on. For a while people were having to have them replaced several times.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I've never had this problem, is there a specific model that has this issue?

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I've never had this problem, is there a specific model that has this issue?

Sent from my iPhone
2011-2013 Mustang lower control arm noise TSB's. - Ford Mustang Forums
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
The control arms are a very common issue. From what I have read on another forum they finally did come up with a fix, which you will probably get when they put your new one on. For a while people were having to have them replaced several times.

Is that what I hear whenever I go over a bump? And is it really that common of a problem

etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr3.7 View Post
Is that what I hear whenever I go over a bump? And is it really that common of a problem

If you hear squeaking, then yes. From what I have heard it is very common. My buddy with a 2012 v6 had his control arm go bad last year, then it happened to me last week. Luckily the warranty takes care of it, but it takes about a week for ford to get the replacement part and to install it, well at least in my case.

3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Do you call your nearest Ford dealership and let them know that your control arms squeal or?

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
They will replace them with a "shielded" LCA.

I'm at 13k on the "shielded" ones and starting to get the squeak again.

At this point I think the only true fix is to go aftermarket.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yeah OP you're definitely not the only one on MEVO that has had this LCA issue. TPMS isn't a big deal either. Keep up with your maintenance and you should be fine, these cars are mean't to be driven.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
They will replace them with a "shielded" LCA.

I'm at 13k on the "shielded" ones and starting to get the squeak again.

At this point I think the only true fix is to go aftermarket.

That's what I was thinking of doing just go aftermarket and not have to worry about it happening again

Old 03-31-2015, 06:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Are you sure it's the lca? I had mine replaced from Ford covered with a warranty and it was my lower end links, it makes that squeeking noise when I go over bumps, problem solved but I added Bmr LCA a few months after that since I lowered my car.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Are you sure it's the lca? I had mine replaced from Ford covered with a warranty and it was my lower end links, it makes that squeeking noise when I go over bumps, problem solved but I added Bmr LCA a few months after that since I lowered my car.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

Not sure but it seems to be doing the same thing it squeaks when going over a bump

Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr3.7 View Post
Not sure but it seems to be doing the same thing it squeaks when going over a bump

Try to do this push your trunk up and down and if it squeaks it's the rear sway bar links is the problem since this is what I did when I showed my car to the dealership and they honor it no problem.

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7L View Post
As of recently my stang has been having a few minor issues. Car is a 2013 with a little under 20k miles. The front driver side wheel was squeaking whenever I would drive over a bump. Shortly after this occurrence, I got the error message " tire pressure monitoring system fault." I check the tire pressure, all was normal. Since the car needed an oil change I had my good friend, the local Ford service manager, take a look at the issues. She told me I have a bad control arm and the the TPMS sensor is bad. All repairs are under warranty. I am posting this because I read a few posts asking about the reliability of our cars. Other than these two issues, the car has not had any issues! Unfortunately I won't have my car back for a few days, but hey at least all repairs are free!

The control arms have a tsb out in them and have since 2012. Why they kept putting broken control arm bushings in I have no idea. I have the same problem on my 2014 but I've had that since I drove off the lot with 19 mi. That and water getting caught between the inner and outer rear quarter panel are constant issues I had and see other people have often. I also have a bad ground connection in the passenger door which lead to the electronics doing weird things but that isn't very common.

fordcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I would rather have squeaking as opposed to popping. Glad you're getting it fixed.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang