Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Supercharge the v6 or get a GT.

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  sticks123 
#1 ·
What do you guys think?? I think getting a newer GT premium would be the more costly upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
It's all in what you want. Financially if your looking for cheap power I would mod what you have. Although think hard about the work and reliability aspect of having s modded car. And just be prepared that it's more likely to have issues then a stock GT.

#6 ·
i have a superchared 3.7, it's pretty close to bolt on tune 5.0's as far as numbers are concerned, but if you have the oppertunity to get a 5.0 by all means do it.. it's a lot easier to make a coyote fast then a v6 stang..

#7 ·
My bottom line is NOT wanting to spend 30 plus. Only paid 15,500.00....lots of room to spend. I really do like my year(body style). With the 5.0 emblem, they expect it to be FAST! I had a v-8 Chevy vega....it was fun watching them shake there head! Food for thought over the summer. Won't make a move till next year.

#8 ·
There are used premium 13-14 GT's in the 23-25 range. 21K will get a base GT. Prices have really come down on them since the release of the 15.

#10 ·
I had a fully bolted 5.0 and never lost to a procharged V6. I had a cobrajet 5.0 and would walk them... I dont say this to talk down on the 3.7, i say this to give your argument some perspective; IF you spend the money on supercharging your car, and the supporting mods, and the tuning, and the tires, and suspension, and clutch ... (adding FI is NEVER as cheap as just the kit itself), and you still get beat by a GT, will it upset you?

If the answer is yes, i suggest just saving money, enjoying your car while you have it, and moving on in a few years.

If the answer is no, then by all means supercharge away, as i got to ride in one of the above mentioned car and it is still a crap load of fun.

#11 ·
I think you may be speaking wisdom....its quick enough as is..may have to slow it down a bit. Not sure on this 3.73 gear yet. But it's not like I couldn't afford a GT. But at 15500.00 this was a nice starter mustang. Drive it this year and see. Probably want to dump it before I hit 50,000 miles if I do.

#12 ·
lol i'll give you some more perspective:

My past 2 cars have been a 500 whp mazdaspeed3 and a ~460 whp mustang 5.0. Long story short i now drive a miata (cheaper to road race) with all of maybe 120 whp lol ... my Fiance's bolted V6 feels like a rocket ship after 2 months in the miata. Speed is relative, but fun isnt, my little go kart is a blast... slow as it may be lol.

#14 ·
To me the answer is simple here. Procharged 3.7 all the way. Its the rare factor that intrigues me. 500 rwhp GT's are dime a dozen. Go to the AM car show and see how many hundreds of 500 plus rwhp V8's. See how many 450 plus rwhp V6 mustangs are there. Maybe 5 if your lucky and that's a huge maybe.

Its the rare factor of it that makes it desirable too me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks for your insight....I've done all the mods I'm going to do for this year. SR lowering springs, 2013 GT 19" wheels with Pirelli tires, 3.73 gear, SCT Tuner w/ BAMA custom tune, AIR RAID CAI, MBRP Axleback mufflers. Took out a couple very small door dings, need to get the front end realigned from the lowering spring installations. Get my 500 break in miles in on my gears.....then drop the top and enjoy summer. Then I'll reevaluate, if I keep going OR just enjoy it! She really GOES as is!! I really just wanted a cruising convertible....it just started getting back in my blood ....the HP thing!! Old days relived.....but a supercharged V-6...would make a great sleeper!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.