Getting Exhaust for V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Region: California
Getting Exhaust for V6

Hey Guys I got a 2011 Ford Mustang V6,I am Planning to get an exhaust for my mustang, what you guys think which which work the Best constrained to these concerns:

1st : My Mustang gives me only 16 MPG( the exhaust shouldn't Increase my fuel Consumption)
2nd : I am more Inclined towards having a Good Sound with the Aftermarket Exhaust without Hampering my Gas mileage.

SO Guys please feel free to chime in with suggestions for a better Exhaust.

My Mileage is low because I have a 20 Inch Rims(is this the reason for Low Mileage - ??)
Dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Might get better answers in the V6 section.....
Old 03-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The wheels shouldn't make your gas mileage suffer like that as long as your tires are properly inflated. As for the exhaust, you won't notice a difference in mileage unless you enjoy hearing the rumble so you're a little heavier on the gas. For the low mpg that could depend on your driving habits, especially with the m/t. Make sure you keep up with maintenance and tune ups
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Hey Guys I got a 2011 Ford Mustang V6,I am Planning to get an exhaust for my mustang, what you guys think which which work the Best constrained to these concerns:

1st : My Mustang gives me only 16 MPG( the exhaust shouldn't Increase my fuel Consumption)
2nd : I am more Inclined towards having a Good Sound with the Aftermarket Exhaust without Hampering my Gas mileage.

My Mileage is low because I have a 20 Inch Rims(is this the reason for Low Mileage - ??)
Sounds like your 2 concerns are in fact one. "Gas mileage"
Rim size doesn't affect mileage except maybe an extremely small amount for added weight.
Tire size would, however affect mileage by 2 possible ways.
1. Larger tire would in effect be like having a slightly smaller gear ratio. That is to say a slightly lower engine RPM for the same road speed. Theoretically this would help the highway mileage and probably hurt the city mileage. A smaller tire would be just the opposite. 20" rims could have larger or smaller diameter tires than the stock wheels.
2. If the tire diameter did change and the speedometer wasn't corrected for it, the calculation of mileage would be off, because you miles driven would be off. Larger dia tires would result in your speedometer/odometer reading less than you actually travelled. While smaller tires would result in just the opposite.
(I believe about an inch difference in tire diameter would make about a 4% difference in speedometer reading. Roughly speaking)

Based on 16 MPG I would guess the biggest factors are either a lot of stop/go driving or a heavy foot, or both.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm getting a new exhaust in a few weeks as well. I want the black Pypes for my 2012.

My main concern is living in an apartment building and starting it. I use my remote start daily and start my car at 6am and am worried about complaining neighbors if it's too loud!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXXXps View Post
I'm getting a new exhaust in a few weeks as well. I want the black Pypes for my 2012.

My main concern is living in an apartment building and starting it. I use my remote start daily and start my car at 6am and am worried about complaining neighbors if it's too loud!

Pypes bomb black muffler deletes 10-14 (v6)

Pypes bomb black muffler deletes 10-14 (v6

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you really want a GREAT muffler system get the borla s type. They have the perfect sound and they are not to loud for daily driving BUT when you want that deep loud rumble all you got to do is step on the gas and you will be amazed. Also the best thing about the borlas is that there is no drone at all.
They go for $700 on Americanmuscle but trust me they are worth it.
vinnysantoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:34 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXXXps View Post

I see a lot of these for sale used.....
Old 03-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
You know, this guy makes a great observation
Strata197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If your really worried about sound then your best bet would be the borla touring system. It's their quietest system. If you go to there web site they have an amazing video in high detail talking about there product. FYI borla really care and puts out the best products FACT.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
vinnysantoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Stop buying the Pype bombs they are crap and you will switch . Drone drove me crazy off in 2 months. Bad fitment issues too
Do it right the first time

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Getting Exhaust for V6

I do have some drone, it might just be me but it's not bad, my music turned up half way is more than enough to not notice it.

Also, I agree about the meh fit, I had it done at a shop though so they also lined them up for me.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Get flowmaster force ii

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #14
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
That may be because they sound amazing with factory exhaust, but once longtubes and/or an off-road midpipe are added, they drone like crazy.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Every time I recommend Corsa Sport, people think I am a sales representative of their company. NO way. I just love my Corsa Sport. They are very quiet when cruising, and loud enough under load. With BBK shorty header and Airaid CAI, my exhaust sound is one of the best in the world.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
Every time I recommend Corsa Sport, people think I am a sales representative of their company. NO way. I just love my Corsa Sport. They are very quiet when cruising, and loud enough under load. With BBK shorty header and Airaid CAI, my exhaust sound is one of the best in the world.
Do you have any clips of it?
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
YouTube. Just check them out...not bad at all!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Getting Exhaust for V6

I like Magnaflow Polished Street Series. Nice low rumble and not too loud at cruising.
But I went with the equivalent Universal part #14336. $380.00 for a pair installed in California.
Saved $300.00. Don't know if ya'll know it but 1 stock muffler from Ford is over $600.00.

Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Theres a reason for that....Havnt seen more than 5 Mag Streets in the 3 years ive owned mine. Great sound for an Axel Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
That may be because they sound amazing with factory exhaust, but once longtubes and/or an off-road midpipe are added, they drone like crazy.
+1
Also the gear ratio you have will play a part in it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
I like Magnaflow Polished Street Series. Nice low rumble and not too loud at cruising.
But I went with the equivalent Universal part #14336. $380.00 for a pair installed in California.
Saved $300.00. Don't know if ya'll know it but 1 stock muffler from Ford is over $600.00.

Thats why you dont buy stock from the dealer... I do agree with the Street Series sound though. I have mine paired with a 2012 GT OEM H pipe and BBK Shortie headers. Makes a really nice deep tone. You dont hear it much inside the car but it is pretty darn loud when you hear someone else drive it.

Go with a custom setup...H pipe for deeper tone or x pipebecause it get 2-3 hp more than an H pipe and pair it up with a good sounding axel back.
Look into this: A beginner's guide to modifying your V6

Theres a link posted in there that has a video list of most of the Axel Backs that are sold for the 3.7so you can get an idea of what sound you are looking for.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post

Thats why you dont buy stock from the dealer... I do agree with the Street Series sound though. .

True and that's why if you cash out on an insurance payout you can customize your car at zero cost. Insurance pays for the stock muffler, I buy the custom set up!

Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post

Having a good sound????? What is a good sound????? What exactly are you asking sir?????? There is no best sound because everyone has their own idea what is best is to their hearing.

You are only getting 16 mpg with your 2011 3.7???? Is that highway or city driving?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
just recorded this video today, in cabin video of the borla ATAK's on my 2014

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
just recorded this video today, in cabin video of the borla ATAK's on my 2014

Sounds nice sir. 😎

Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
thank ya! i love these things..and i put them on in feb, so i didn't really get too many chances to cruise with the windows down like i did today! sounds awesome
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
thank ya! i love these things..and i put them on in feb, so i didn't really get too many chances to cruise with the windows down like i did today! sounds awesome
I have the Flowmaster Force II axle backs and love the tone with them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust