Roush Louvers Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Roush Louvers Help

So I finally got around to buying louvers for my white 2013, I had them on my 2011 but then sold them since they were kona blue. How should I mount these? Double stick tape never worked and someone can easily pull them off. On my 2011 I had a shop put them on but I rather not pay someone to glue these on. I'm thinking apoxy from Walmart should work? Any suggestions from you guys that have louvers yourself. Thanks! I got them for a good price on eBay. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427605686.949046.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	178640

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 01:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Mine are on using the supplied tape and I want to take them off and they're about impossible to remove. Also had the Eleanor style on my 11 and those caught more air. Someone could yank them off with force but would probably break them in the process. 3M tape is no joke.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Really? I have tried 3M but they just did not stick well.... Idk what's up with it. Seems like people are having success with it though

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 02:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

My car had those installed when I got it. I preferred the look with them gone and the window tinted. Taking them off was not easy at all. There was NO way I could just pull them off the car. Had to cut through the tape with fishing line, then spent hours with goo gone and 3M adhesive remover to get all the remaining residue off the car. Not sure which tape was used but it certainly did its job.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Chaz I have those exact ones in black and like SKGT ,I'm kinda thinking my car would have a look I prefer better without them but unfortunately I think mine are on too good with the tape.
By the way, your car, the way it looks now is just sweet! I wish mine was white sometimes so I could do that same look. Kinda like this... (My favorite Mustang color scheme besides black)
Idk why but this is the best Mustang I've ever seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	178641  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So no one likes the roush louvers? I have my quarter windows painted white as a temporary thing until I got louvers but now I don't know what to do lol

Old 03-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I alwasy get compliments on the "clean lines" of my car. No vents, no louvers, etc. I like the clean look and don't plan to add any of that stuff, but 3m should work fine to hold them on. I would be more worried about glue running.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Roush Louvers Help

I used to work at a body shop, so I can tell you 3M tape is the way things like this are mounted by even the factory. If you use actual 3M automotive or exterior grade double sided tape + prep with alcohol you will have no issues with these flying off and if you happen to not like them or want a change down the road you can get them off without incident. If someone wants to steal them, even glued on they will try and most likely fail and damage the part. I would highly discourage you glue or epoxy anything like this to your car.

As far as the roush vents go I think that they look cool, but it's all preference man. Not sure if you have seen the silver horse racing flush mounts but that's what I am looking to get eventually. They replace the window entirely and they don't stick out. That's what attracts me to them, as well as being functional. But the price tag is much higher as would be expected (just under 400 but once you get the items needed to install it's more like 450).

Also another thing to think about is if you did ever decide to change the look of your stang you could always resell the roush parts if you use the tape over a glue or epoxy. Other way around and you basically made them trash if ever removed.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I guess I can try the 3M. I would just hate for it to fly off on the freeway like my side scoop did before I glued it. Now I'm just thinking if I should put these Roush louvers on or if I should just keep it the way it is with the painted white quarter windows.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I promise you they will not fly off. Clean the area, use alcohol after, followed by adhesive promoter. Unless you secretly have a 300 mph car they aren't going anywhere. I personally like the Eleanor style ones If i had to choose. Good luck, love the blue on white. Almost thinking of seeing if bigworm can change my CS decals to a similar blue that fades.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I do secretly have a 300 mph car, lol but alright thanks for the help!

Old 03-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I was gonna get louvers, but i spent 25 bucks on the matte vinyl blackouts to see if I could live with the blindspots... and now I'm not getting louvers. I love the look of these vinyls. so much cleaner.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang