How often do you do WOT accelerations? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Very interesting. I really do believe that the Cyclone doesn't get the credit it deserves. For most it's the "base engine", but for the few who know, it is a well sorted gem of a motor. Even driving mine around, it seems to be just as happy at 6k as it does at 2k rpm's!
Yeah...it's too bad they dropped all the available packages for the 2015's. And who knows what's in its future.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Not that often, but sometimes I can't help it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'll just keep my six forever.

Well, A long time anyway. I had a couple of chances to get a GT for very little $$$$ Difference and turned the deals down.
I just like the way my 3.7 acts.
I like it has more then enough power for my driving.
I like the exhaust sound (Magnaflow Streets) Nice deep rumble.
I like 87 octane gas
I like way cheaper insurance.
I like the way it corners ( I did add a few goodies )
After these Pirelli P-Zero tires wear out and I get Michelins (Then i'LL like the tires.
If I want more power later - I'll get a tuner

I can't think of a single thing I don't like about my 3.7 V6 Cyclone engine.
I can't think of a single thing I don't like about my 2012 MCA Mustang.
Well, Maybe the Pirelli P-Zero's- They stick OK dry but they are noisy and like to hydroplane on wet roads.

I love my "RED RYDER" and I'm going to keep it.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flea mkt sat.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	178721  
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I bought it as an investment, the people who say cars aren't investments are idiots. There's plenty of cars you can make a very good profit on...
And even if money becomes worthless, a car will always be worth something. Maybe not to drive, but there's a lot of metal and materials that are usable in life...

Adventure till you drop

Do you really think that this car is going to be an investment? I'm not talking down on the 3.7 I love mine but in 30 years how much is it going to be worth? Probably as much as fox body's are going for now which is around 2 to 4 thousand depending on condition
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

As often as I can... no worries man it can definitely handle it!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #41
Kevin.Cook

Rarely do I open up the car. In Austin, TX, cops seem to be a little more strict. Feels like every time I merge on to the highway, a cop materializes out of thin air behind me. Also, it does not help that other Mustangs see my car and get next to me and rev, etc. I guess thats the life you live after modding your ride. But it looks nice though! (Hood vents, gt500 spoiler, window louver, 19" wheels, big Borla tips, etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #42
Kevin.Cook

And on a side note, i try not to drive crazy near others. I lost one of my closest family members to wreckless driving so I don't want to contribute to that on a road with others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'm not a fan of WOT. I have done a few on-ramp pulls and honestly I don't feel any faster than say 75% throttle. I haven't had a noticeable feeling at WOT vs 75% since my rx7 and that car highly tuned.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:29 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
How often do you do WOT accelerations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
Do you really think that this car is going to be an investment? I'm not talking down on the 3.7 I love mine but in 30 years how much is it going to be worth? Probably as much as fox body's are going for now which is around 2 to 4 thousand depending on condition

I bought a Roush not a 3.7, yes the v6 will probably be worthless in the future, but sentimental value might be high to the owners...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
All about knowing your limits

And keeping up with regular maintenance...
Old 03-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
All about knowing your limits

And keeping up with regular maintenance...
Sadly, alot of people don't even know how to turn on their headlights. Let alone change oil. Lol!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #47
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Investment---I don't think so.

I think that in the next 20/25 years cars will be soooo different and stupid that us car people will be stunned.
The cars we love will be all gone and crushed like cash for klunkers.
Of course there will be a few in museums and private collections but won't be licensed to drive on the public highways along side of the self driving electric crap.
JUST ENJOY DRIVING WHILE YOU CAN
Of course I'll still have my Mustang. I'm gonna be buried in it. Ha! Ha!
Ronnie
Old 03-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #48
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I think that in the next 20/25 years cars will be soooo different and stupid that us car people will be stunned.
The cars we love will be all gone and crushed like cash for klunkers.
Of course there will be a few in museums and private collections but won't be licensed to drive on the public highways along side of the self driving electric crap.
JUST ENJOY DRIVING WHILE YOU CAN
Of course I'll still have my Mustang. I'm gonna be buried in it. Ha! Ha!
Ronnie
Can I "Like" this post a few times?! Lol! Dead on.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
funny reading this line:

"What’s the next step? Well, give it a couple of years, and you will likely see an EcoBoost engine coming along, a twin-turbocharged, direct-injection version of this engine as a viable performance alternative to the current 4.6-liter V-8 engine."

haha in june 2010, they were dead on!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
There's people that don't go WOT in their car, and then there's people that are fun at the party.
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

The mustang to buy right now is a Boss 302 you can get an immaculate low mileage one for 35k - 42k. Cheaper than a 15 GT and they are holding value exceptionally well. When a car is reselling for sticker 4 years later that's a great indicator of future value.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought a Roush not a 3.7, yes the v6 will probably be worthless in the future, but sentimental value might be high to the owners...

Adventure till you drop

Ahh see were on the v6 forum so I assumed u have a 3.7
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

The way I look at it is I'm on a mustang forum and have the right to any section on the forum just like everyone else...
It sounds harsh but I mean it in a positive way. We all, at one time or another, are mustang owners and have the right to post in any section of the forum. We are mustang owners on a mustang site, this is our site and we can post wherever we please...
Again, not trying to offend anyone or pick a fight, just speaking my mind...
I apologize if what I said offends anyone...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The way I look at it is I'm on a mustang forum and have the right to any section on the forum just like everyone else...
It sounds harsh but I mean it in a positive way. We all, at one time or another, are mustang owners and have the right to post in any section of the forum. We are mustang owners on a mustang site, this is our site and we can post wherever we please...

Adventure till you drop
don't worry, i posted in the GT thread the other day to try to see if anyone on the forum is this dude i keep seeing on my way to work every morning in a sexy *** 13 or 14 white GT. sounds so good. i can't keep up with him at all though haha that thing hauls ***.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Adventure till you drop
You're fine. A Mustang is a Mustang, no matter how many cylinders it has. It has so much heritage behind the name itself, it is a car that can be compared to few others.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Adventure till you drop

I don't think he meant to insult you, just stated why he thought you had the V6 model.

That being said, nice choice on the Roush. I've seen a couple around here in TN and the owners are always excited to talk about them.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
I don't think he meant to insult you, just stated why he thought you had the V6 model.

That being said, nice choice on the Roush. I've seen a couple around here in TN and the owners are always excited to talk about them.

Sent from my iPhone

I wasn't insulted, but I did think I was being a little harsh in my last post, again my apologies...
Thanks, I'm very proud of it, I used to be the only supercharged Roush owner in my town, now there's another 427R and I'm stoked. I can't wait to meet the owner, it's red and it's stunning...
I've got another horse and it's a clydesdale..Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427768817.057482.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	178745

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #58
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

My dealer had a few V6 Roush's on the lot

They had all the roush stuff but the 3.7 engine was stone stock. They are nice but expensive.
Shelby also offers a 3.7 Cobra model. When I was in Vegas I was talking to one of the sales guy's at Shelby USA and he said they would make my 3.7 V6 into a Cobra for $10,400 and would give me 475 horsepower and a Cobra serial # with the snake emblems on my car. I did ask if I could just give him a couple hundred for the Cobra serial number and the emblems. He just laughed & so did I.
I guess a 305 horsepower cobra just would not cut it for them.
Ronnie
Old 05-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had that ideology and thought about... Say you buy a car build it and beat the crap out of it, rebuild it, craps out again, rebuild, and so on. And when you decide to trade it in you've got well over what it's worth, and have to take the loss( sometimes 5 digits), on everything you added to the car...
Seems a bit flawed to me...
And just to let you know, you can enjoy a car without WOT...

Adventure till you drop

I agree with Recon that WOT is not the only way to bring a smile to your face. I owned a 74 MG and the car was slow as molasses but was a ton if fun to drive rowing tue gears with the top down. Got lots of thumbs up while driving it too!

cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

As far as WOT in my 08 GT, mine is a DD and I drive in NYC at least twice a week so as I exit the city, I open the bad boy up to hear the glorious roar.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmegnin1 View Post
I agree with Recon that WOT is not the only way to bring a smile to your face. I owned a 74 MG and the car was slow as molasses but was a ton if fun to drive rowing tue gears with the top down. Got lots of thumbs up while driving it too!

I currently own a 75 MGB convertible, 1.8L straight 4, 90HP of pure evil.

Adventure till you drop
Old 05-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #62
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I choose to exercise restraint on WOT. I try to limit myself to redline shifts through the gears only to 4th.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I choose to exercise restraint on WOT. I try to limit myself to redline shifts through the gears only to 4th.
Weak! Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I never get above 4,000 rpm and I only half throttle it about 5 times a month.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'll WOT once or twice a week spinning the tires through 1st 2nd and chirping third. I bought this car to be my baby, but also to drive it. These cars are built strong and if I didn't drive it hard every once in a while what's the point of owning it! It's not exactly a family car that fit my kids comfortably in the back seat and isn't the most practical car on the planet for a married guy with two kids. I've had 5.0s in the past that I babied when I was younger thinking I'll keep this car forever only to be eventually sold and regretting not having the occasional WOT fun with it, not this time lol.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I WOT once every 5 times I use the gas pedal 😂

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I currently own a 75 MGB convertible, 1.8L straight 4, 90HP of pure evil.

Adventure till you drop

Ahhhh. The pinnacle of British sports motoring. I thought the '75s had more like 76 hp since that was the first year for the rubber bumpers and more smog control. I drove my '74 and a '77 and sadly to say the hp difference was night and day - well as much as it could be. And I also did not like the pedal placement of the rubber bumper MGs. They seemed to close together.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 05-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

No smog and no rumber bumpers.

Adventure till you drop
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. Do you enjoy it often?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 05-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

It's the problem child and I'm trying to sell it. Luckily I've found the issue and waiting on parts. And yes when it's not giving me issues I like it. It's my favorite car that is British.
Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to drive. Being my size 12-13 shoe and all. When I apply the brakes I'm touching the throttle and clutch. And it's really too small for me, being I'm 6'3. I have to slouch down to see out the windshield or looked over the sun visors when I have the top down.
Interesting note is its a factory A/C car. I don't have the compressor on it. I thought I don't need anything else robbing HP from that little engine. Painted it Mars red and black top black interior. Chrome/metal bumper conversion.

Adventure till you drop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang