How often do you do WOT accelerations? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Rockville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 209
How often do you do WOT accelerations?

Do I need to worry about damaging my car, if I do WOT often?

Does V6 make it safer than the GT, because it has less HP to do the damage? I heard we share the same manual transmission and same rear differential, is that right?
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Car is built to be driven hard

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
Pretty much every time I drive it now since I did my first oil change. How many times a day, have no idea too many to count.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
WOT is subjective. Are you doing wot and shifting at 5 k, 7k, or above redline? There is a huge difference between using the car and abusing it.

The GT is going to put more strain on the differential and Trans but it was made for it. As far as the engine either one can take being driving hard as long as you don't abuse it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
IzzyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: The boonies
Region: New York
Posts: 109
Daily! Usually shift at 4-5K..occasionally higher but not at rev limiter.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Daily Driver-2015 Ecoboost Magnetic Wheel & Stripe Package Mishimoto Catch Can
TRADED IN
2014 Base V6 MT - Deep Impact Blue
MMD Hood Struts / GT500 Spoiler(Black) / MMD Quarter Window Louvers (Black) / UPR Oil Can / SR Perf Shock-Strut Tower Brace / Replaced Coolant Overflow hose Bama X4/SF4 with Race Tune
IzzyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
About once or twice a day. Some days more/less than others. I didn't buy a mustang to drive slow though
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
A redline a day keeps the mechanic away.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
A true WOT will be around 6,000 rpm. This is what tuners want you to do in a data log.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
No, as long as you don't redline you should be fine.

The only other thing I've ever heard about WOT is to not do it until the engine has warmed up, I usually keep it under 3k until the temp needle is at the halfway point.
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sticks123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bourbonnais
Region: Illinois
Posts: 518
I'm breaking my gears in ....so I have to show restraint! but it's very not to kick it a little bit! But I definitely don't want to constantly ABUSE IT!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
How often do you do WOT accelerations?

Honest to God truth, never WOT any of my cars before, just don't want to risk breaking anything...
Get to fix everyone else's screw ups when their car finally craps out in them...
So learned from their mistakes...

Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Honest to God truth, never WOT any of my cars before, just don't want to risk breaking anything...
Get to fix everyone else's screw ups when their car finally craps out in them...
So learned from their mistakes...

Adventure till you drop
??? It's not like cars aren't designed to be driven at WOT at certain times. The whole point of a redline is to show the amount of useable and safe rpm range. It's your car though...
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
I go WOT probably every 30 minutes


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
That's true but it's only a matter of time before something breaks. Everything as its limits...
If man made it, it will break...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That's true but it's only a matter of time before something breaks. Everything as its limits...
If man made it, it will break...


Adventure till you drop
Well all cars will eventually break, but they can be rebuilt or fixed. I wouldn't want to live in fear of my car breaking and not enjoy it.
Life is too short, redline the **** out of it!
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
How often do you do WOT accelerations?

I had that ideology and thought about... Say you buy a car build it and beat the crap out of it, rebuild it, craps out again, rebuild, and so on. And when you decide to trade it in you've got well over what it's worth, and have to take the loss( sometimes 5 digits), on everything you added to the car...
Seems a bit flawed to me...
And just to let you know, you can enjoy a car without WOT...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I had that ideology and thought about... Say you buy a car build it and beat the crap out of it, rebuild it, craps out again, rebuild, and so on. And when you decide to trade it in you've got well over what it's worth, and have to take the loss, on everything you added to the car...
Seems a bit flawed to me...
And just to let you know, you can enjoy a car without WOT...


Adventure till you drop
How long do you plan on keeping your car? You shouldn't have to rebuild for hundreds of thousands of miles even with aggressive driving. My friend has a 350Z he bought new and now has 225k miles on it. I have literally never seen someone so hard on a car and he hasn't had any major problems yet, just a few clutches and some A/C problems.
Also, you can't truly enjoy a sports car without going WOT.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
How often do you do WOT accelerations?
Twice as often as I should and half as often as I'd like.

I will find myself taking the long way home after a stressful day at work because my engine gets up to temp by the time I reach the on-ramp. It's a nice 2 lane on-ramp and after a quick check for authorities I punch it. All the stress from the day just melts away in those 8-10 seconds.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
I'm keeping it for life hopefully. There's a 98 Camaro here that has its third engine in it, he's throwing away money. But it's his car he can drive it how ever he wants...
True enjoyment varies from person to person... Mine is definitely not WOT...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I'm keeping it for life hopefully. There's a 98 Camaro here that has its third engine in it, he's throwing away money. But it's his car he can drive it how ever he wants...
True enjoyment varies from person to person... Mine is definitely not WOT...


Adventure till you drop
I can respect that. I just have trouble justifying buying a Mustang without the intention of going fast in it.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
I bought it as an investment, the people who say cars aren't investments are idiots. There's plenty of cars you can make a very good profit on...
And even if money becomes worthless, a car will always be worth something. Maybe not to drive, but there's a lot of metal and materials that are usable in life...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 73
Hmm I open her up maybe once every few days. Have pinged the limiter a couple times too. But we're talking maybe twice in 16000 miles. I'll probably shift at 5k maybe once a day. And by opening her up, I mean ringing out 1st and 2nd up to 6000ish rpm


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I bought it as an investment, the people who say cars aren't investments are idiots. There's plenty of cars you can make a very good profit on...
And even if money becomes worthless, a car will always be worth something. Maybe not to drive, but there's a lot of metal and materials that are usable in life...


Adventure till you drop
Yeah if you live long enough and don't count all your time put into to maintaining it for 30 plus years.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
sticks123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bourbonnais
Region: Illinois
Posts: 518
Use to put a lot of cranks in my 77 trans am every time I rod knocked it. Like I said...I do like driving fast in my mustang...but WOT....not very often! But hey each his own. I think you can push to 8000!! Let me know ...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
I do all my maintenance on my cars, just have to pay for parts, and I don't drive it as much as I would want, get stalked by police, and everyone wants to race. So I don't get to enjoy it every much. Which I'm getting ready to buy my second mustang as a driver, getting pumped...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
For me with my automatic, WOT is simply flooring it up to a speed and letting off when I get there. No redline!
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
I can respect that. I just have trouble justifying buying a Mustang without the intention of going fast in it.
lol i didnt buy mine with intentions on going fast. cops are ridiculous around here. I got a 400 something dollar 4 point ticket for going over the limit 10mph in my home town, and they needed 3 cop cars when they pulled me over. it's a joke here, so i hardly go "fast." i just rip on it up to the speed limit then stop. problem is, since there's so many cops and i have the borlas now, any time I rip on it, I instantly become a target lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
__________________
2014 Ford Mustang 3.7 Premium 6-speed:
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
No, as long as you don't redline you should be fine.

The only other thing I've ever heard about WOT is to not do it until the engine has warmed up, I usually keep it under 3k until the temp needle is at the halfway point.

Good job. Start the car, let it idle down to normal, count to 30 and then go. Keep it under 2500 rpm till it warms up.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks123 View Post
Use to put a lot of cranks in my 77 trans am every time I rod knocked it. Like I said...I do like driving fast in my mustang...but WOT....not very often! But hey each his own. I think you can push to 8000!! Let me know ...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

The last guy that hit 7500, spun bearings, melted Pistons and cylinder walls.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Any chance I get


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Only problem's you will have is:::::

Speeding tickets
Wreckless driving tickets
wrecking the Mustang.
sucking the gas tank dry.

Other then those (Maybe more) running up to redline in a 3.7 sure ain't gonna hurt it. It has the same exact rear and transmission the GT uses, The 3.7 V6 has forged rods and a forged crank along with oil cooled pistons. The engine and drive train are really strong. Of course you will have more wear on everything in time if you always run it like that ( Common sense tells you that)

I have a friend that drag races his 3.7 V6 manual just about every single week and never had a problem. I'll bet he has at least 500 mile's at WOT a quarter mile at a time.

Enjoy yourself but really be very careful not to do it on the street. One good wreck and hurting someone else is not worth the WOT at all.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
lol i didnt buy mine with intentions on going fast. cops are ridiculous around here. I got a 400 something dollar 4 point ticket for going over the limit 10mph in my home town, and they needed 3 cop cars when they pulled me over. it's a joke here, so i hardly go "fast." i just rip on it up to the speed limit then stop. problem is, since there's so many cops and i have the borlas now, any time I rip on it, I instantly become a target lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
That's what i meant. I actually rarely speed at all, i just like the feeling of fast acceleration.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Speeding tickets
Wreckless driving tickets
wrecking the Mustang.
sucking the gas tank dry.

Other then those (Maybe more) running up to redline in a 3.7 sure ain't gonna hurt it. It has the same exact rear and transmission the GT uses, The 3.7 V6 has forged rods and a forged crank along with oil cooled pistons. The engine and drive train are really strong. Of course you will have more wear on everything in time if you always run it like that ( Common sense tells you that)

I have a friend that drag races his 3.7 V6 manual just about every single week and never had a problem. I'll bet he has at least 500 mile's at WOT a quarter mile at a time.

Enjoy yourself but really be very careful not to do it on the street. One good wreck and hurting someone else is not worth the WOT at all.

Ronnie
Excellent points Ronnie. WOT does not mean destroy your car or ruin somebody else day, however, (unfortunately) sometimes the two seem to go hand in hand in the wrong circumstances. You should always use caution when driving on the street.

On another note, i had no idea that our engines have forged rods/cranks (very interesting!).
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 AM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Here is a good write up on the 3.7 V6

Check it out here> Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Engine Explained | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

For it's weight - This is a great powerful very tough engine. The block is beefed up as well. I'm trying to find a page listing the foreign super car that uses this same engine. I think it was from Sweden but can't really remember the name of it.
Ronnie

PS:

I found it-
Ginetta Cars announced in November 2010 that they were going to be building a new sports car, and named it as the G55.[1] In February 2011, the car was released, as a more powerful evolution of the G50.[2] The G55 featured a Ford-sourced 3.7 litre V6, producing 370 hp, in addition to a 6-speed sequential manual gearbox, built by Hewland.[2] The new car did not replace the G50; instead, it supplemented it,[3] and the Ginetta G50 Cup was rebranded as the Ginetta GT Supercup.[1] The G55 was available for sale for £75,000, or as an upgrade from the G50 for £25,000.[3] The car made its British GT debut in the Oulton Park rounds of the 2011 season, with four separate entries competing; the best result of the event came courtesy of Century Motorsport, whom took a ninth place finish at the second race of the day.[4] Century Motorsport were also responsible for the car's best finish of the season; a fourth place at Rockingham Motor Speedway, in the first race of the day.[4] A GT3 test mule was run by Rollcentre Racing (using the Cup engine with some GT3-specification components) in the 2011 Britcar 24 Hours;[5] however, the car failed to finish the race.[4]

The Morgan produced in England also uses this 3.7 V6 engine.
http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/roadster/

The "RXC" uses the 3.7 engine or the 3.5 turbo
http://www.radicalsportscars.com/uk/...&cid=225&bid=1
There are others and I'm still trying to find them.
It is a true high prformance engine that is de-tuned for our regular street driving cars.
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Check it out here> Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Engine Explained | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

For it's weight - This is a great powerful very tough engine. The block is beefed up as well. I'm trying to find a page listing the foreign super car that uses this same engine. I think it was from Sweden but can't really remember the name of it.
Ronnie

PS:

I found it-
Ginetta Cars announced in November 2010 that they were going to be building a new sports car, and named it as the G55.[1] In February 2011, the car was released, as a more powerful evolution of the G50.[2] The G55 featured a Ford-sourced 3.7 litre V6, producing 370 hp, in addition to a 6-speed sequential manual gearbox, built by Hewland.[2] The new car did not replace the G50; instead, it supplemented it,[3] and the Ginetta G50 Cup was rebranded as the Ginetta GT Supercup.[1] The G55 was available for sale for £75,000, or as an upgrade from the G50 for £25,000.[3] The car made its British GT debut in the Oulton Park rounds of the 2011 season, with four separate entries competing; the best result of the event came courtesy of Century Motorsport, whom took a ninth place finish at the second race of the day.[4] Century Motorsport were also responsible for the car's best finish of the season; a fourth place at Rockingham Motor Speedway, in the first race of the day.[4] A GT3 test mule was run by Rollcentre Racing (using the Cup engine with some GT3-specification components) in the 2011 Britcar 24 Hours;[5] however, the car failed to finish the race.[4]

The Morgan produced in England also uses this 3.7 V6 engine.
The Morgan Roadster

The "RXC" uses the 3.7 engine or the 3.5 turbo
Radical Sportscars - My Custom Radical RXC
There are others and I'm still trying to find them.
It is a true high prformance engine that is de-tuned for our regular street driving cars.
Very interesting. I really do believe that the Cyclone doesn't get the credit it deserves. For most it's the "base engine", but for the few who know, it is a well sorted gem of a motor. Even driving mine around, it seems to be just as happy at 6k as it does at 2k rpm's!
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How often do you wax your Mustang? rotors Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 66 03-26-2013 06:31 PM
How often do you wash your stang? Mustang936 Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 53 08-21-2012 12:56 PM
How often do you get on it? ab_mach1 General Mustang Discussion 49 05-07-2012 11:25 AM
how often should you wax? znpzmustang Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 20 07-09-2011 04:30 PM
How often do you ... Ken The Bar 35 11-18-2005 12:28 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:23 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.